Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

mkmsr

Reaction score
Changed out the bolt on the fender well that didn't match the others.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Glad I'm not the only one who finds that bolt ridiculous.

Did you find ones that matched ? If so where, I was just going to order matching paint repair, remove, prep and paint.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Aaandroger

Reaction score
My goose gear seat delete showed up today.

Before with seat removed:
20221105_101031.jpg

After install:
20221114_161643.jpg

After reading some other posts, I opted to remove the floor cubby lid so I still had access to that space--not very organized but you get the idea:
20221114_161651.jpg
Final pic is of a bolt that snagged. I guess I didn't get it perfectly straight and it spun the captive nut on the bracket behind it--ill get around to fixing it or cutting it off:
20221114_161702.jpg

Overall, I am pretty happy with the fit and quality. The back panel gave me a pretty good workout, and there was a lot of cussing trying to get the bolts to line up. I guess I didn't do enough research--i thought it was steel. But, it is herculined MDF or some other type of wood composite. I had over tightened the floor piece and, due to the flex in the wood, it misaligned the bolt holes..

Still.. overall really happy!!

phrogman

Reaction score

Did you find ones that matched ? If so where, I was just going to order matching paint repair, remove, prep and paint.

I got the idea from another member's post, he went to Lowe's. In the hardware section they have an automotive drawer with plenty of black bolts. I don't recall the size, I will look for the baggy tomorrow.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Went to put on a Roadmaster Rear Anti-Sway bar before we pick up our new TC in a couple of weeks.

I knew I would need to drill into frame for the install and was ready to.
However, once I got it I thought to myself, "maybe I should get a pro to do the install..."

Getting it installed on Wednesday, picks to come. :)

M6x25 bolt... (there is a post somewhere here on the forum)
you can order one black.

Lowes, for example has them, bought mine there.
Amazon has them too.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ordered the Borla catback. Should be here Saturday.

I had the Borla XS Pro muffler installed instead of factory and kept everything else. Results were perfect. Tone and volume are there but not overbearing. Best $200 I have spent on the truck for sure.

clownpocket

Reaction score
I had the Borla XS Pro muffler installed instead of factory and kept everything else. Results were perfect. Tone and volume are there but not overbearing. Best $200 I have spent on the truck for sure.
Would you be able to upload a video with interior/exterior sound?

Lettikka

Reaction score
Would you be able to upload a video with interior/exterior sound?
I don't think you can upload video on a thread. I like my stuff to sound right. The truck is semi-quiet under normal conditions, gets a nice roar when you get into it. I am 52 and not looking to rattle any windows but it sounds like a proper V8. No drone at speed.... Unless you are the type that is looking for Loud this is a sweet set up. Very much like flow masters but a little more subtle.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Had a Roadmaster Rear Anti-Sway bar installed.
Planned on doing it myself however, once I understood I had to drill through the frame, next to the diesel tank, I thought better.

Luckily I did a ton of research because they installed it upside down at first.... :oops:
When I went to pick it up the first time I was like, "yeah... no..."
But they were great and ate crow right away, fixed it.

$1k for the bar :oops:, $250 install.

Bought an Arctic Fox 1150, this was pretty important for me for the added stability.

IMG_2183.png
IMG_2184.png
IMG_2186.png

RamRambler

Reaction score
I do I-10 Mon-Fri for work in West Houston, see accidents almost daily. I bet you got his attention though!

Reh Ranch

Reaction score
You can by it on Amazon not expensive. Had to lengthen the original cord on the back side with a short extension cord. Taped up the ends behind the bumper to water proof the ends to keep the salt out and tie wrapped the cord on back side of bumper.

Got the NOCO plug but did not want to drill any holes anywhere so I put it on the shelf and everytime I walked around the truck I was thinking of where I could install it. About a week ago I got this idea. It takes some trimming on the receiver hitch plug but it went in tight and works well with not holes drilled in the truck or the bumper.

Attachments

• Bumper Plug 1.jpg
    Bumper Plug 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • Bumper Plug 2.jpg
    Bumper Plug 2.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Bumper Plug 3.jpg
    Bumper Plug 3.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 150

123zk

Reaction score
Got the NOCO plug but did not want to drill any holes anywhere so I put it on the shelf and everytime I walked around the truck I was thinking of where I could install it. About a week ago I got this idea. It takes some trimming on the receiver hitch plug but it went in tight and works well with not holes drilled in the truck or the bumper.

Attachments

• 20221029_131221.jpg
    20221029_131221.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20221029_131159.jpg
    20221029_131159.jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 128

Users who are viewing this thread