Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Did you end up doing a track bar with the 1 inch? How do the shocks feel since the 1in doesn’t come with shock extenders?

I’m really thinking of doing the 1 inch also and just getting the RC track at for peace of mind.
Mine got lifted 2.75" with a 2.25" level and the axle only shifted 3/4" or so. You have to really stare at it side by side to see the difference.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Anybody with the Thuren 1” rear soft rate coils out there?

Looking for info about actual results from them. Do they provide true 1” lift? (Carli says theirs provides 1/2-1”) also, how soft are they? I carry ~500lb all the time in the bed (topper, tools) will it sag out the 1” and provide no lift?

Currently have stock springs with 1” spacer up front. Looking to go to 2”/1” with new coils all around. But also weighing options as I like my payload. Might do 1” rear spacer and move to a 2” up front (which I already have on the shelf anyway)

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Anybody with the Thuren 1” rear soft rate coils out there?

Looking for info about actual results from them. Do they provide true 1” lift? (Carli says theirs provides 1/2-1”) also, how soft are they? I carry ~500lb all the time in the bed (topper, tools) will it sag out the 1” and provide no lift?

Currently have stock springs with 1” spacer up front. Looking to go to 2”/1” with new coils all around. But also weighing options as I like my payload. Might do 1” rear spacer and move to a 2” up front (which I already have on the shelf anyway)
I have them and they did provide the full 1" at time of install. Too much else has changed since then to know for sure if they've settled at all, but visually it does not appear to be that way.

I don't carry 500 daily, but with the long bed topper (~200lbs), 37" spare (~130lbs) and misc tools (~50lbs), I'm not too far from that and to the naked eye it doesn't look to have squatted any.

All of that said - if I had it all to do over again, I would have kept the stock rear springs and added spacers. But there is no way I'd be talked out of keeping the Thuren up front.

19laramiehd

Reaction score
I have everything from thuren. Started off with king 2.0 and stock rear coil and 2" front coil. Now i have their stock height medium rate coil and king 2.5 shock in the rear. Waited 6 months and currently waiting for my front 2.5 king shocks. So far 5 months..... site say 8-9 months. I can say with their medium rate coil i put a harley bagger on the back and it dropped a little. Right now the rear is 3/4 higher than the front. Debating on 1" soft rate rear coil and 3" front coils. Since im swapping the front 2.0 for 2.5. Want to do it all at once if i go that route. This picture is stock 20" wheels with 35's

Attachments

• 20210617_085430.jpg
    20210617_085430.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 96

jetrinka

Reaction score
What about the axle being shifted off center, are you all buying an adjustable track bar so that you can re-center the axles in the frame?

I'm looking at doing a 2" front spacer and 1" rear spacer and a front adjustable track bar and then longer Fox 2.0 Adventure Series shocks.
It will be a $1300 to $1500 level kit if done right.

^^^This^^^

Ocxd

Reaction score
FDD0390A-C925-4503-989F-903446A7D780.jpegBeen meaning to reply to this but was waiting for a chance to take a pic, luckily the Christmas tree lot delivered that chance today.

21 Ram 2500 Hemi
1.5 Traxda spacer
Longer bilstein 5100’s in front
RC track bar
295 60 20 (34 inch basically) Toyo open country AT3’s aired down to 48F / 42R

Rides great, didn’t break the bank, very happy overall.

AH const

Reaction score
I did 1 inch Thuren coils in front and kept the rear stock. Fox shocks all 4 corners, front and rear track bar, and kings stabilizer. Truck seats good it's backed into my driveway on this pic so it's not on level ground.

Attachments

• Thuren1.jpg
    Thuren1.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 112

fresyes

Reaction score
I did 1 inch Thuren coils in front and kept the rear stock. Fox shocks all 4 corners, front and rear track bar, and kings stabilizer. Truck seats good it's backed into my driveway on this pic so it's not on level ground.
How is the ride? Does having the softer coils up front with the stiffer stock springs in the back make it ride odd?

Dave88LX

Reaction score
I have the Carli Backcountry kit w/ their torsion sway bar and the full leaf pack.
Lots of info here:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
(Finally) ditched the front swaybar. The ride is much smoother now. Bumps and transitions are soaked up very smoothly. Made me fall in love with the truck again.

So my suspension set up is
1” front spacer
Fox 2.0 IFP all around
Deleted front swaybar
654B62BC-C525-42F6-8E9E-D3FA446BFFBC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread