Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

jeffawats

Reaction score
22 2500 CC Hemi Thuren 2" coils,Icon front shocks{Thuren out of stock on Fox's} Thuren trackbar,Fox 2.0 for the rear.sits dead level ,still thinking about 1" rear spacer but really love the level look.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
22 2500 CC Hemi Thuren 2" coils,Icon front shocks{Thuren out of stock on Fox's} Thuren trackbar,Fox 2.0 for the rear.sits dead level ,still thinking about 1" rear spacer but really love the level look.
Got any pics? How’s the ride w/ 2 different sets of coils?

decrewcab

Reaction score
(Finally) ditched the front swaybar. The ride is much smoother now. Bumps and transitions are soaked up very smoothly. Made me fall in love with the truck again.

So my suspension set up is
1” front spacer
Fox 2.0 IFP all around
Deleted front swaybar
View attachment 29775
Notice any handling issue with the sway bar delete? I never really heard of this before. Makes perfect sense but still safe and all that??

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Notice any handling issue with the sway bar delete? I never really heard of this before. Makes perfect sense but still safe and all that??
I wouldn’t call them issues, because in my opinion the truck handles smoother and more predictably. But, it does handle differently.

It’s a five minute job to remove it if you want to try it.

As far as safety, that’s a touchy subject it seems.

If I had softer coils like carli, i would (probably) run their swaybar. But the factory coils are nice and stiff so I’m happy with it.

E-Rod

Reaction score
I put together my own kit. Icon dual rate leving springs 2.5", Ram 2500 specific fox remote revior shocks for the front and non resi for the rear. Fox valves the shocks for the truck. The shock pn# are on there website for a leveled ram. I have all the pn# if you need them. Need offset wheel to run the remote resivor. The factory wheel offset get the tire to close for comfort with the remote resivor.
I installed the same 2.5" Icon Dual Rate leveling spring kit and used their shocks. Did you install an adjustable track bar? I did not and have not had any issues, rides just fine.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I installed the same 2.5" Icon Dual Rate leveling spring kit and used their shocks. Did you install an adjustable track bar? I did not and have not had any issues, rides just fine.
“Rides just fine” yes, but your axle isn’t centered under your truck anymore.

gstboy69

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed in 2022 2500

Rough Country 2.5 INCH LEVELING KIT | RAM 2500 (14-22)/3500 (13-22) 4WD.​

The truck looks great and sit perfect.

But after 5 minutes driving to my home I'm feel in a crazy horse. Very Harsh ride,jump in bumps I don't like!!

I waste $329.00 plus tax included installation.

Well after a half hour of use!!! I arrive home and order a Carli Budget Suspension kit with 2.0 fox shocks tuned,front coils and track bar.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed in 2022 2500

Rough Country 2.5 INCH LEVELING KIT | RAM 2500 (14-22)/3500 (13-22) 4WD.​

The truck looks great and sit perfect.

But after 5 minutes driving to my home I'm feel in a crazy horse. Very Harsh ride,jump in bumps I don't like!!

I waste $329.00 plus tax included installation.

Well after a half hour of use!!! I arrive home and order a Carli Budget Suspension kit with 2.0 fox shocks tuned,front coils and track bar.
Good move. I'll be doing the full Carli Pintop treatment to my 3500 CTD after it arrives on 3/10. I know it's $$$, but to cut corners after spending what we did on these trucks just isn't right. I think you will be very happy. People rave about the Carli systems.

Chriss626

Reaction score
Yeah I agree and the Carli pintop retains factory payload and towing. I can’t wait to put mine on. Ordered mine in January and was told 10-12 weeks so hopefully sooner than later.

rampulse

Reaction score
Good move. I'll be doing the full Carli Pintop treatment to my 3500 CTD after it arrives on 3/10. I know it's $$$, but to cut corners after spending what we did on these trucks just isn't right. I think you will be very happy. People rave about the Carli systems.

I’ll be going this route as well. It was this or wait for the thuren kings (10 month wait) and 1.75” coils with maybe a rear spacer depending on my factory truck level. Since I opted for the air suspension I figured it would be better to maintain everything with the Carli. I live in SoCal and will be heading up to CJC from San Diego since I have no plans to do this myself. They had a 4 month lead time for installs when I scheduled it out.

Chriss626

Reaction score
Same here I’m from SoCal too and when I called CJC last month they said earliest appointment available was June. Btw CJC gives 5% off military discount if anyone is interested in the Carli kits.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
I’ll be going this route as well. It was this or wait for the thuren kings (10 month wait) and 1.75” coils with maybe a rear spacer depending on my factory truck level. Since I opted for the air suspension I figured it would be better to maintain everything with the Carli. I live in SoCal and will be heading up to CJC from San Diego since I have no plans to do this myself. They had a 4 month lead time for installs when I scheduled it out.
10 months wait . That’s ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread