Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

5vzfe

Reaction score
Are there any options that don't involve softer springs like thuren and Carli? I find the front springs too soft as it is. The stock ride does not bother me one bit. Does anyone have feedback on the bilstein kit?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Are there any options that don't involve softer springs like thuren and Carli? I find the front springs too soft as it is. The stock ride does not bother me one bit. Does anyone have feedback on the bilstein kit?
Spacer lift keeps the factory springs. I found 1” to be perfect for my needs

Houston762

Reaction score
Just purchased the Bilstein coil and shock kit from Bilsteinlifts.com but won’t have it installed for a couple weeks. They have been out of stock on them but now have them again. I agree, frontend is too soft as it is.

Ocxd

Reaction score

Poor man's PW

Reaction score
Had it on my 18 2500 and it road much better than stock. I also had the dual steering stabilizer, aftermarket track bar and replaced the ****ty draglink fca recalled. I liked it so much I bought another kit for new truck but ended up with the tradesman powerwagon instead. I have kit up for grabs if anyone wants to pick up.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

With regards to the Carli and Thuren systems, the shocks are valved to match the softer rate springs and the ride is much improved. It will not feel or drive like it is softer. It will feel like the truck is more in control and managed, especially when hitting bumps or dips. For example, there is a dip on my way to work. I never even thought about it in my 2007. I was surprised the first time I hit it in my 2020. Even at a moderate speed, the truck's front springs over compressed and jounced like a rabbit. After modifying the suspension the jounce has gone away at all speeds. It is hard to explain but the truck feels much more nimble even though it is lifted.

19laramiehd

Reaction score
20210617_085430.jpg

Update. Did the thuren king 2.0 shock on all 4 corners with a front leveling thuren coil. Did the swaybar endlinks and the track bars front and rear at 20k miles. I did the shocks at 8k miles. Was a big difference since the truck was new.

At 60k miles i upgraded the rear to 2.5 king shocks and thier stock height medium rate coil.

The front soft rate coil is nice and comfortable. With their shock you get more travel.

The rear rides real good now. Even over big bumps and pot holes.

I ordered front 2.5 king shocks but have to wait 9 months........

Added 35x12.5x20 tires last week

2019 2500 6.4 hemi. 60k miles of commuting

Battleborn

Reaction score
I put together my own kit. Icon dual rate leving springs 2.5", Ram 2500 specific fox remote revior shocks for the front and non resi for the rear. Fox valves the shocks for the truck. The shock pn# are on there website for a leveled ram. I have all the pn# if you need them. Need offset wheel to run the remote resivor. The factory wheel offset get the tire to close for comfort with the remote resivor.

Attachments

• 20210603_135340.jpg
    20210603_135340.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 146

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Ordered a Thuren King 2.5 lift kit. Hoping it’ll be here only a few months after the 2022 shows up!

Ocxd

Reaction score
It was, sir.
Did you end up doing a track bar with the 1 inch? How do the shocks feel since the 1in doesn’t come with shock extenders?

I’m really thinking of doing the 1 inch also and just getting the RC track at for peace of mind.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Did you end up doing a track bar with the 1 inch? How do the shocks feel since the 1in doesn’t come with shock extenders?

I’m really thinking of doing the 1 inch also and just getting the RC track at for peace of mind.
I didn’t do a track bar. According to my trig calculations, the axle only shifted 1/4” with installation of a 1” front lift. Imperceptible to the naked eye, so I’m not even sure it moved that much.

I did my own alignment at home

I have Fox shocks that are ~2” longer than stock up front.

Users who are viewing this thread