Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

leeparnell89

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I installed the Thuren 3/4” front coils and overland shocks all the way around my ‘22 3500 DRW. This and 35’s makes it ride pretty similar to my wife’s stock 2500. 3/4” coils and stock rear leafs kept some rake for towing heavy and took quite a bit of the harshness out of road imperfections. Can’t complain, pretty spoiled for a glorified ranch truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Reaction score
I'm running the Thuren fox 2.0 front and rear with their soft ride coils. Is it worth upgrading to the kings? Happy with the ride but want more shock if that makes sense.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Anyone do a Thuren 3" + 1" rear soft ride on a 2500 hemi?
I have these at home right now! With Fox shocks. I’m at work, overseas, currently. Will be installing when I get home June 3. It showed up right before I left, dang it! It’s going on a 2500 Hemi MegaCab

ClawSS

Reaction score
I have these at home right now! With Fox shocks. I’m at work, overseas, currently. Will be installing when I get home June 3. It showed up right before I left, dang it! It’s going on a 2500 Hemi MegaCab
son of a gun....well buddy, I look forward to your safe travels home and the install. This is what I want and believe I can stuff 37's with minimal hacking. Did you go remote res. on the shocks or just the regular ones? I hate to copy you, but great minds and all that jazz.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
son of a gun....well buddy, I look forward to your safe travels home and the install. This is what I want and believe I can stuff 37's with minimal hacking. Did you go remote res. on the shocks or just the regular ones? I hate to copy you, but great minds and all that jazz.
I went with non-resi. My 37” Ridge Grapplers just showed before I left for work too. Hopefully won’t have much trimming. I am eventually getting wheels but for now plan on running them on the stock wheels.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
For those that still follow this thread

After at least a year, maybe two, and many many miles I have decided I want to continue to run factory springs but I do want 37”s.

Currently running a 1” front traxada spacer, no front swaybar, FOX 2.0 IFP shocks, no rear lift and stock rear swaybar. (FYI - i might be able to fit 37”s as is)

I have a BDS 2” front spacer sitting in the box in the garage because it would’ve been too much lift for a “level”

I just ordered a 1” traxada rear spacer. My goal is to run a 2”/1” spacer lift and install longer bump stops in the front (included in the BDS kit).

After Installing the front 1” lift on the truck, the front axle was shifted 1/16”-1/4” (it’s hard to measure any more accurately) to the driver side. After I install the 2” lift I will do my at-home alignment as usual and then i will determine if I want to order a track bar at that time or continue to run the factory track bar.

FYI the front trackbar is a “maintenance item” and the factory trackbar just gets replaced as a whole unit when the bushings wear out. So, eventually, it will be replaced regardless. Both carli and thuren trackbars are serviceable.

basically I am going up 1” all around for $100 upgrade price and around $2k tires +/- a couple hundred bucks depending on what I actually order.

FYI My front shocks are already good for 2” lift and my rears are good for 0-1.5” lift

franko

Reaction score

After at least a year, maybe two, and many many miles I have decided I want to continue to run factory springs but I do want 37”s.

Currently running a 1” front traxada spacer, no front swaybar, FOX 2.0 IFP shocks, no rear lift and stock rear swaybar. (FYI - i might be able to fit 37”s as is)

I have a BDS 2” front spacer sitting in the box in the garage because it would’ve been too much lift for a “level”

I just ordered a 1” traxada rear spacer. My goal is to run a 2”/1” spacer lift and install longer bump stops in the front (included in the BDS kit).

After Installing the front 1” lift on the truck, the front axle was shifted 1/16”-1/4” (it’s hard to measure any more accurately) to the driver side. After I install the 2” lift I will do my at-home alignment as usual and then i will determine if I want to order a track bar at that time or continue to run the factory track bar.

FYI the front trackbar is a “maintenance item” and the factory trackbar just gets replaced as a whole unit when the bushings wear out. So, eventually, it will be replaced regardless. Both carli and thuren trackbars are serviceable.

basically I am going up 1” all around for $100 upgrade price and around $2k tires +/- a couple hundred bucks depending on what I actually order.

FYI My front shocks are already good for 2” lift and my rears are good for 0-1.5” lift
Thanks for posting this! I was just re-reading this entire thread today trying to figure out what I want to do. I'm actually leaning towards the 1" traxada spacer you currently have. I'm not really interested at the moment in running anything bigger than 35s. Plus I dont have a problem with the way my truck currently rides and want to keep the payload and towing capability.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I was just re-reading this entire thread today trying to figure out what I want to do. I'm actually leaning towards the 1" traxada spacer you currently have. I'm not really interested at the moment in running anything bigger than 35s. Plus I dont have a problem with the way my truck currently rides and want to keep the payload and towing capability.
1” front, for me, was perfect for 35s

Riddick

Reaction score

Can you post up the part numbers for the Fox 2.0 front shocks you currently run? I know you posted them in the past but I cant find the post at the moment.

I have the 1" spacer waiting to go on, waiting to get shocks and find motivation to get out and put it on :).

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Can you post up the part numbers for the Fox 2.0 front shocks you currently run? I know you posted them in the past but I cant find the post at the moment.

I have the 1" spacer waiting to go on, waiting to get shocks and find motivation to get out and put it on :).
I’m not home but here is the application chart. I can verify the actual part numbers later

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Best mod I ever did was remove the front sway bar. But I never towed anything.
I tow lots and no front sway bar, no issues even with emergency maneuvers. I had to do one with my 5th wheel on the truck no way i wanted to hit a moose with my camper on lol

Scvette

Reaction score
I did a Carli 2.5” leveling kit on my 22 Laramie night edition Drw. Since I have the air system I had to add 1” blocks for the bags and 1” block for the rear that I got from Traxda. Also did the Thuren adjustable track bar. Running 37” cooper STT pros on fuel wheels.

Attachments

• A1AD9CDC-3FE5-46CC-A369-62C8F7BAFBEE.jpeg
    A1AD9CDC-3FE5-46CC-A369-62C8F7BAFBEE.jpeg
    882.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 506FE0DA-CFB3-4C33-A86C-D06DB0FCBA8D.jpeg
    506FE0DA-CFB3-4C33-A86C-D06DB0FCBA8D.jpeg
    859.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 0054387E-C951-495D-BABA-4847C4D19478.jpeg
    0054387E-C951-495D-BABA-4847C4D19478.jpeg
    871 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread