Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

mountainears

Reaction score
And they do push the updates but it is usually faster to manually update it. Their push updates kind of suck for timeliness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Please post the version number you’re currently on when discussing your issues. People here in this thread can likely tell you if you’re on a current version or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I finally found the version number - FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD

Blythkd1

Reaction score
That’s about 6 updates behind. 26.17 is the most current, and it’s posted a few pages back in this thread for manual download and update.

Thank you for the information. I figured it was pretty old. Like I stated the other day, I got my truck in April last year, built in Feb I believe, and to my knowledge nothing has been updated.

While I can do some techy stuff, I'm really a nuts and bolts guy. If the shop can update it when they have the truck for recalls, more power to them. I'd rather lay my thumb out on a vise and smack it with a hammer than do anything that requires a login and/or a password.

mountainears

Reaction score
Doing the update on your own is really not bad. You just have to download the file to a large enough thumb drive and stick it in the truck. If you’re interested in doing it you can be pointed in the right direction, just takes time.

mountainears

Reaction score
I had an OTA update available yesterday and I let it run its course. It was strange though, I was already on My22.S26.17. After the update was done the version still showed the same as did my maps. Guessing they just push it to you even if you’ve already manually updated?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I had an OTA update available yesterday and I let it run its course. It was strange though, I was already on My22.S26.17. After the update was done the version still showed the same as did my maps. Guessing they just push it to you even if you’ve already manually updated?
You probably received the Uconnect box update that’s going around. That doesn’t do anything with the radio software.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
i received that uconnect box update over the weekend.....got another uconnect box error message this morning, at least it was more then 3 days without the error message

mountainears

Reaction score
You probably received the Uconnect box update that’s going around. That doesn’t do anything with the radio software.
What does it do? And is there a way to verify, like a version number somewhere?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
What does it do? And is there a way to verify, like a version number somewhere?
It’s an update to the telematics box, which is a separate unit from the radio module. I don’t think there’s a way to see its version number anywhere.

g00fy

Reaction score
Wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if the telematics update was in preparation for a major uconnect radio update.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
My system just auto updated to version 25.48 (22 model truck). I was previously running a manually installed version 26.17. So far running smooth. Curious as to where I can find a change log.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I don’t see a SB for that.
Did I miss something?
I try to stay pretty current on the forums, especially this thread. I didn’t even know there was an update getting pushed out. But somehow it miraculously auto updated today. None of the other updates have ever auto updated.

I didnt even get a notification. Was out of my truck for about an hour and started it back up and said it had updated. Checked the version and sure enough, 25.48

evannadeau

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to download this update? Whatever version mine updated to a couple of days ago, it doesn't work right. I cannot access the vehicle or Apps pages. I do have an appt with the dealership to fix this, but it's another week out.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
when my truck first tried to OTA update to 25.48 from 26.17 i received an -04 error message. radio was not 100% happy afterwards, wouldnt turn off after shutting the truck down and opening the drivers door, couldnt manually restart the radio. after a few days I ended up doing a full factory reset on the radio and then the OTA update processed correctly yesterday.

still waiting to have tow nav built in like Ram said they were going to offer.

maxx442

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to download this update? Whatever version mine updated to a couple of days ago, it doesn't work right. I cannot access the vehicle or Apps pages. I do have an appt with the dealership to fix this, but it's another week out.
I am experiencing the exact same issues since mine updated yesterday. It also changed mine to a 24 hour clock display. Every time I press the Apps icon it defaults to the climate control screen. Vehicle icon brings up blank screen. Also, every time I start the truck it comes up with the home/split screen instead of the last screen displayed before shut down.

Flea

Reaction score
So mine finally updated but I never saw any notification of it. I went to the app page and noticed the menu is different than what I was used to. It defaults to my favorites. Up on top of the screen you can select all. That brings up all of the apps and can navigate to the settings from there. So far mine is working well without too many glitches. Luckily.

evannadeau

Reaction score
I am experiencing the exact same issues since mine updated yesterday. It also changed mine to a 24 hour clock display. Every time I press the Apps icon it defaults to the climate control screen. Vehicle icon brings up blank screen. Also, every time I start the truck it comes up with the home/split screen instead of the last screen displayed before shut down.
Yep, mine does the same thing. And when putting it into reverse, it does show cameras but no controls and the bottom half of the screen is black.
This is a real POS update. I've had many other OTA updates before, but this one does not meet QA.

Users who are viewing this thread