Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

amauri

Reaction score
Until the last update 24.17, you could not set the trailer tire pressure target. It would keep returning to “409”.
Then, when you registered the trailer tires, they would all display normally until you shut the truck off. Upon restarting, you would get the message “Trailer Tire System Not Configured” and nothing you could do would bring it back. The UC5 would not store the config.
I picked up my 22 3500 w/TTPMS and UC5 back in July, installed the sensors on our 35' 5th wheel tires, and configured/registered the sensors per the instructions in the manual. Did not have any issues with the procedure. This was with the original S23.13 software.
The following weekend we headed out on our first camping trip with the new truck and I too noticed that at first, the TTPMS would say “Trailer Tire System Not Configured" when I started the truck and drove off.
But after a few miles, I switched the display back to trailer tires and all the pressures were there and increasing as the tires heated up.
Since then I've noticed that this is the norm after I turn the ign off and sit still for a few minutes (like when stopping for fuel, etc...).

Don't know if this makes sense but it seems like you have to wait for the sensors to "wake up" before they start transmitting a signal.
We've been camping with the trailer several times since and have not had any issues as long as I give it time to re-connect on its own.
Last month I got an OTA update to 26.17 just before our last camping trip, and the TTPMS has been working the same as before.

Last edited:

g00fy

Reaction score
So i just heard the new 2023 rams are coming with Build#MY23.T25.48 and I'm being told it's incompatible with the 2022 Uconnect 5's. Has anyone else heard this? @Jimmy07 ?

Edit:

Just did some searching and found my answer, the 2023 UC5's have a different radio module with different firmware... Makes me question if Uconnect is gonna bother updating the 2022's to support full screen AA.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
So i just heard the new 2023 rams are coming with Build#MY23.T25.48 and I'm being told it's incompatible with the 2022 Uconnect 5's. Has anyone else heard this? @Jimmy07 ?

Edit:

Just did some searching and found my answer, the 2023 UC5's have a different radio module with different firmware... Makes me question if Uconnect is gonna bother updating the 2022's to support full screen AA.
I can confirm the 23’s do have a different radio part number and software. I haven’t seen any updates since mine arrived a month ago.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Edit:

Luckily, there happens to be a TSB for putting the MY23.T25.48 update on USB, so I might be able to grab this update and try it on my 2022 UC5 and see what happens.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Edit:

Luckily, there happens to be a TSB for putting the MY23.T25.48 update on USB, so I might be able to grab this update and try it on my 2022 UC5 and see what happens.
Well, I took one for the team, and curiosity killed the cat.
MY23.T25.48 did successfully install on my 2022 UC5 radio. You do not want to put this update on a 2022 radio, especially if you have trailer surround view and FCW/ACC.
If I leave VehConfig 1 model year set to 2022, I lose the trailer surround view soft keys. If I set the model year to 2023, I get the trailer surround soft keys back, but the DASM sets a vehicle configuration mismatch fault, and disables FCW and ACC. I’ll be able to fix this with unconventional means, but others will be screwed.

Flea

Reaction score
Hope you got your system squared away, Jimmy07

Anyone hear of an update to the latest? I’m still having intermittent issues. Now that they are using different hardware on the 23’s and newer. Where does that leave us guys and gals with semi working 22’s with Uconnect 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2023GregsRam

Reaction score
Is TY25.48 the most recent for a 23 Model year? that is what mine is on.

Wholeo

Reaction score
My 2022 12" is stuck on MY22.S26.17, I think that's the build number. I haven't received an OTA update since last year, when I
try over my WIFI network nothing happens. Is side loading via USB my only option and what build number should I be on?
When I had my truck in for the ECM recall, I asked the dealer check for a update and they told me to wait for a OTA update and that
was 5 months ago.

mountainears

Reaction score
My 2022 12" is stuck on MY22.S26.17, I think that's the build number. I haven't received an OTA update since last year, when I
try over my WIFI network nothing happens. Is side loading via USB my only option and what build number should I be on?
When I had my truck in for the ECM recall, I asked the dealer check for a update and they told me to wait for a OTA update and that
was 5 months ago.

I believe that is the latest version for the 22’s. Haven’t seen [mention]Jimmy07 [/mention] post anything newer.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I've seen references to S26.18 and S27.25 in various places, but it may be a crap shoot as to if someone can get the USB update. That about uConnect updates is a bit infuriating since they count on the OTA which doesn't always work correctly and then also did a bunch of connected services deletes due to RONA, but didn't give those owners a process to update.

2023GregsRam

Reaction score
I think I am going to stay stay with what revision level the truck is currently on. Its stable it appears. Sometimes updates create slowdowns and freezes (gees, I know on a phone it does)

I did update the NAV maps successfully.

Does anyone know who powers the connected services in a 23? UC5? Sirius Guardian used to but it appears not on a 23? Who does?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I think I am going to stay stay with what revision level the truck is currently on. Its stable it appears. Sometimes updates create slowdowns and freezes (gees, I know on a phone it does)

I did update the NAV maps successfully.

Does anyone know who powers the connected services in a 23? UC5? Sirius Guardian used to but it appears not on a 23? Who does?

Connected services on UC5 systems are provided by RAM Connect (for Rams of course, they change the name based on the specific company, ie Jeep Connect, Dodge Connect, etc.)

g00fy

Reaction score
So any news/rumors on when the next update might be dropping for the 2022's or 2023's?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score

g00fy

Reaction score

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I took my truck in Tuesday complaining about all the 12.0 screen issues and all they could tell me was, there's an update coming, couldn't tell me when. But they said they have to try it before replacing my entire unit. I wonder how long a guy is supposed to remain in a holding pattern?

mountainears

Reaction score
I took my truck in Tuesday complaining about all the 12.0 screen issues and all they could tell me was, there's an update coming, couldn't tell me when. But they said they have to try it before replacing my entire unit. I wonder how long a guy is supposed to remain in a holding pattern?

Please post the version number you’re currently on when discussing your issues. People here in this thread can likely tell you if you’re on a current version or not.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Please post the version number you’re currently on when discussing your issues. People here in this thread can likely tell you if you’re on a current version or not.

Hmm, is that something you determine through settings on the screen, or something like that? I've never seen what version I'm on or know anything about it. I took delivery April 2022 and it has never been to the dealer. Only way it would have been updated would have been if they pushed it out remotely. Not sure about this truck but on my GM's if something was pushed out to you, it requested that I approve it before it would update. I've never done anything like that on this truck.

Flea

Reaction score
Hmm, is that something you determine through settings on the screen, or something like that? I've never seen what version I'm on or know anything about it. I took delivery April 2022 and it has never been to the dealer. Only way it would have been updated would have been if they pushed it out remotely. Not sure about this truck but on my GM's if something was pushed out to you, it requested that I approve it before it would update. I've never done anything like that on this truck.

Yep, in the settings. I believe I have the latest update. 2022 UC5
578305f0a2b38145c4460a892f72942e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread