Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

amauri

Reaction score
Well, I finally did this update myself last night. I don’t recommend doing it, and hold off as long as you can on the OTA. Two time in each of two drives, the music turned into a buzzing sound, and the radio automatically rebooted. Obviously, my map route was killed once it turned back on.
Also, I have the display light/dark mode to switch automatically with headlights. My Home Screen is CarPlay up top and factory nav on bottom. At night with the headlights on, the nav at the bottom will correctly be in dark mode, but CarPlay on top will sometimes be in dark mode, sometimes in light mode.
A few days ago I noticed that mine updated to 26.17 on it's own without any notification. Yesterday I got the buzzing sound and all black screen while listening to music, the system would not respond. I used a soft reset/reboot to recover.
For the past six months my UC5 has been flawless, I hope this latest OTA update doesn't screw up my info system.

Pejcinoski

Reaction score
For all Australian converted RAM

I have successfully updated to the 26.17 as per Jimmy link download and then lost AUS maps.
Then I saw a post from Jimmy about nav map updates for a U.S. and after scrolling through the website there was no RAM Maps for AUS than I saw under Grand Cherokee UC5 list it has maps offered for OCEANIA which is what we need i
have downloaded and successfully installed without any problems.

jebruns

Reaction score
A few days ago I noticed that mine updated to 26.17 on it's own without any notification. Yesterday I got the buzzing sound and all black screen while listening to music, the system would not respond. I used a soft reset/reboot to recover.
For the past six months my UC5 has been flawless, I hope this latest OTA update doesn't screw up my info system.
I did a soft reboot of mine immediately after the update. Just seemed like a reasonable thing to do. Still haven't really tested it though. Crappy winter weather around here for the next few days, so my nice clean truck, like it's owner, is not going anywhere.

Pearce

Reaction score
Well, I finally did this update myself last night. I don’t recommend doing it, and hold off as long as you can on the OTA. Two time in each of two drives, the music turned into a buzzing sound, and the radio automatically rebooted. Obviously, my map route was killed once it turned back on.

Same after the OTA update for me. It seems like the manual installation cleared it up. But, I can't confirm it was a successful installation as there was no notice on the screen. Just sorta stopped and was done. The odd thing is the maps were gone. Decided I was done dealing with it for the day and the next morning the maps were back but in the old version. Weird.

mountainears

Reaction score
You should confirm it completed by checking version info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matemike

Reaction score
Can anyone post 26.15?

I just updated to 24.13 and want to continue going in order. Also, do not want to go to 26,17 just yet based on it being mentioned to "hold off" on that one for now

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Can anyone post 26.15?

I just updated to 24.13 and want to continue going in order. Also, do not want to go to 26,17 just yet based on it being mentioned to "hold off" on that one for now
Whoops, I forgot about that the other day!
I’ll get it posted in a bit here…

Zeus2018

Reaction score
After the manual installation of 26.17 and running for over a week now I gotta say mine feels pretty solid. Not a single hiccup yet. I also installed the map updates. So far I’m happy with the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Just curious why this file is so much smaller than 26.17? (2 GB vs 19 GB?)
Because the file I received for 26.17 included maps for some reason.
26.15 is just the radio software update.
You can update maps separately from the stellantis link in one of the posts above.

rick7h

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks Jimmy! I'm getting a "Failed - Forbidden" message after about half of the 26.17 file manages to download, but I'll try again later.1676520370962.png

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
I have been trying to download the update using the provided link. It gets about halfway through the download and then tells me "Could not download, need permission". Does anyone know of another site? Also, how does one perform the soft reboot? I found the process.

Last edited:

Davea86

Reaction score
Mine just updated Over the air yesterday. Nothing seemed to change good or bad that i can see ao far. Still real solid for me with the update so far, but it was also solid before with the old 26-15 or what ever though. 22 Ram 3500.

jebruns

Reaction score
Mine has been solid since going from 26.15 to 26.17 a month or so back. No difference at all that I've noticed. But I'm glad I'm on a supported release (26.15 is not an official Ram supported release).

mlink

Reaction score
Seems like the update fixed the UC5 erasing (or not saving) of the TTPMS configuration issue on the 2022s. Won’t know for sure until it starts to warm up out there.
Now, if only they would get to the Trailering Nav function and the Diesel location/pricing on the Maps…

jebruns

Reaction score
Seems like the update fixed the UC5 erasing (or not saving) of the TTPMS configuration issue on the 2022s. Won’t know for sure until it starts to warm up out there.
Now, if only they would get to the Trailering Nav function and the Diesel location/pricing on the Maps…
What issue was that? I never noticed any issue with my 22's TTPMS system, even on the stock U5 level.

mlink

Reaction score
Until the last update 24.17, you could not set the trailer tire pressure target. It would keep returning to “409”.
Then, when you registered the trailer tires, they would all display normally until you shut the truck off. Upon restarting, you would get the message “Trailer Tire System Not Configured” and nothing you could do would bring it back. The UC5 would not store the config.

Users who are viewing this thread