Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Pearce

Reaction score
Had a typo in my post, it's 26.17 not 26.15. I have seen on a few other forums a couple people have Android or Apple connection issues after the update. Very inconsistent. Maybe something to do with the phone not Uconnect. Also a couple reports of restarting but not everyone. So random.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Well, I would not recommend the update to 26.17 if you have the previous version and it's working. I believe I had 24.18. I experienced zero issues with the 24.xx version. 26.17 still randomly reboots after I start my truck, really annoying when the screen goes black while backing out. Android Auto now has issues connecting to my phone randomly. Never had that before either. I see no reason to do the update otherwise. Nothing has noticeably changed other than those two issues.

@RamCares how do I go back to the previous version or how does this one get fixed. If software is not ready to be released then don't release
Thank you for grabbing our attention. There is no way of going back to a previous version once the new one has been installed. We are sorry for the experiencing that you're experiencing and will take this feedback to provide to our technical team for further investigation.

William
Ram Cares

Flea

Reaction score
Thank you for grabbing our attention. There is no way of going back to a previous version once the new one has been installed. We are sorry for the experiencing that you're experiencing and will take this feedback to provide to our technical team for further investigation.

William
Ram Cares

Can you post the latest software here so the owners that have not received the OTA update can install it manually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hootmonn

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as y’all no OTA updates since July. Did a factory reset yesterday and 26-17 updated this morning YaHoo. You might give it a try.

jebruns

Reaction score
I installed the file Jimmy07 supplied above this afternoon. Went great. Nice to be on the latest level.

kennelpj

Reaction score
This is a big one, almost 18gb. You’ll need to format the stick to NTFS. Do not unzip anything.
I thought I read somewhere that USB stick you use needs to be 32GB or less, is that true? Cant seem to find that info again. Asked the wife to get me a fresh one from the store and she got a 64GB. Will that still work?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that USB stick you use needs to be 32GB or less, is that true? Cant seem to find that info again. Asked the wife to get me a fresh one from the store and she got a 64GB. Will that still work?
That’ll work.

Flea

Reaction score
I installed the file Jimmy07 supplied above this afternoon. Went great. Nice to be on the latest level.

How long did it take for the update to complete?

mountainears

Reaction score

Doing it now, takes a while. Heck it took 15 minutes just to get the file onto the USB stick.

I’m 20 minutes in and it’s at 44%.

mountainears

Reaction score
Well, was taking a long time so I thought I’d be smart and set my phone up to record a Timelapse and left it alone. The phone moved and I didn’t capture it all. But I could see that after an hour it was still running. I got back to the truck after an hour and twenty minutes, it had completed. So plan for at least an hour once it starts doing the update. Worked fine though, now on S26.17-PROD. Will see how it goes.

Se7enoverland

Reaction score
Check on your maps, i had the latest maps of 9-2022 and after i update my maps were back to 12-2021 so check to make sure this doesnt happen to you.

jebruns

Reaction score

Mine took maybe 25 minutes or so. I was at 26.15 previous to installing. I was not really watching it though. I turned the Acc on, threw a charger on one of the batteries (just being overly cautious) and let it roll. I checked every 5 minutes or so until it was done. Did seem to stall out in the 40% range for a while.

mlink

Reaction score
I can't get this download to work. Google says "Quota exceeded". Tried all different times.

Is the link broken or am I just "late to the party" and should just keep trying?

Anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread