Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

freebird_78

Reaction score
Damn, I DLed this from the original link, copied to NTFS, booted to it, was found, asked to update, then failed saying "not compatible with vehicle". Mines a '22 with the 12" Uconnect.

mlink

Reaction score
I just successfully did mine. Make sure you formatted with NTFS and didn’t unzip before insertion. My USB was 2.0 for compatibility. Inserted it in USB at front of console. Took about an hour to update. Very slow between 40 and 54% but it keeps going.

Pearce

Reaction score
Ugh, working for me, then the truck timed out in ACC mode, starting over. Guess I need to open and shut the door every 10 min

Pearce

Reaction score
Failed again, opening shutting doors, pushing radio volume, pressing brake, nothing kept it from timing out in ACC mode. Now just letting it idle for 45 minutes I guess.

mountainears

Reaction score
Yea. I just let it run. Keeping it not running might not be wonderful for the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jebruns

Reaction score
You think it's worth it to go up from 26.15 to this one?
I went from 26.15 to 26.17 mostly so I'd be on a supported level, in case I ever needed to go into the dealer for a uConnect issue.

freebird_78

Reaction score
Damn, I DLed this from the original link, copied to NTFS, booted to it, was found, asked to update, then failed saying "not compatible with vehicle". Mines a '22 with the 12" Uconnect.
Retried it. Worked. I think it was a sketchy thumb drive. But did make the mistake of updating the maps THEN updating the FW (which wipes out the map update). Time to update maps a second time.

g00fy

Reaction score
I think it depends on if you’re experiencing any issues. They don’t really tell you what is fixed and ya never know, it may fix what is bothering you.

If you have no issues I’d leave it alone and wait for it to come OTA.

I went from 26.15 to 26.17 mostly so I'd be on a supported level, in case I ever needed to go into the dealer for a uConnect issue.

I've got a Retrofit into my 2019, so I won't get it OTA, and I'm also not supported no matter what. I don't really have any issues other than losing SXM after android auto phone calls, to fix it I have to change my input to AA then back to SXM to get it playing again.

mountainears

Reaction score
I think it was already mentioned but I’m confirming this version does not fix the issue where it won’t start up on the same screen. I’m on my home / split screen. Turn the truck off and when I restart it is on the page with all the shortcuts.

Haven’t used it long enough to know if the disappearing clock at the top of the screen is fixed for me.

Larder1906

Reaction score
I think it was already mentioned but I’m confirming this version does not fix the issue where it won’t start up on the same screen. I’m on my home / split screen. Turn the truck off and when I restart it is on the page with all the shortcuts.

Haven’t used it long enough to know if the disappearing clock at the top of the screen is fixed for me.

You probably know, but the clock only disappears when CarPlay is activated in the background by, say, the arrival of a message that is announced. Pushing the home button will bring back the clock. Cheers

mlink

Reaction score
The 26.17 update on my ‘22 Limited suddenly gives me a radio button for “Towing Nav” on my Trailer Page where you configure the TTPMS. I read that Towing Nav version was part of the ‘23 config. When I press it , it says Trailer Nav at the top of the screen - but the screen stays white - like it’s NA. Anyone know or hear yet whether Alpha can turn that on on a ‘22. Uses same TomTom 9.0 update…

mountainears

Reaction score
You probably know, but the clock only disappears when CarPlay is activated in the background by, say, the arrival of a message that is announced. Pushing the home button will bring back the clock. Cheers

Did see that pushing home brought it back, didn’t know what triggered it.

Still sounds like a bug though.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Well, I finally did this update myself last night. I don’t recommend doing it, and hold off as long as you can on the OTA. Two time in each of two drives, the music turned into a buzzing sound, and the radio automatically rebooted. Obviously, my map route was killed once it turned back on.
Also, I have the display light/dark mode to switch automatically with headlights. My Home Screen is CarPlay up top and factory nav on bottom. At night with the headlights on, the nav at the bottom will correctly be in dark mode, but CarPlay on top will sometimes be in dark mode, sometimes in light mode.

mlink

Reaction score
Amazing list of basic complaints in RAM’s own documentation. Takes months for a firmware update that ends up addressing few issues. Then breaks other functions. It’s the Keystone Cops playing Whack-A-Mole at UConnect. How embarrassing. How about testing before you release the firmware. And think about how RAM is delivering 2023s knowing the same bugs exist.
This isn’t brain surgery. Other auto companies do just fine and don’t have the fur to release vehicles with bug-ridden devices. Put some skilled people on this and quit playing us…

Last edited:

BethsRebel2022

Reaction score
Amazing list of basic complaints in RAM’s own documentation. Takes months for a firmware update that ends up addressing few issues. Then breaks other functions. It’s the Keystone Cops playing Whack-A-Mole at UConnect. How embarrassing. How about testing before you release the firmware. And think about how RAM is delivering 2023s knowing the same bugs exist.
This isn’t brain surgery. Other tech companies do just fine and don’t have the fur to release vehicles with bug-ridden devices. Put some skilled people on this and quit playing us…
I have had 2 STAR cases now on 2022 rebel purchased July 2022 issues started driving home from buying it. Replaced radio twice now, and now they say I have to wait for an update of the software that they didn't know when it's being released but just wait for it.

BethsRebel2022

Reaction score
I have had 2 STAR cases now on 2022 rebel purchased July 2022 issues started driving home from buying it. Replaced radio twice now, and now they say I have to wait for an update of the software that they didn't know when it's being released but just wait for it.
This truck has been at the dealership 50% of the time I've owned it.

jebruns

Reaction score
This isn’t brain surgery. Other auto companies do just fine and don’t have the fur to release vehicles with bug-ridden devices. Put some skilled people on this and quit playing us…
Completely agree. I made a career of SW development and I would have been embarrassed (and probably fired) if I or my group had put out a product this buggy. There is just no excuse for it. A couple of obscure bugs? Sure, you can never catch them all. But this is not rocket science, it's just a car stereo system.

jebruns

Reaction score
Well, I finally did this update myself last night. I don’t recommend doing it, and hold off as long as you can on the OTA. Two time in each of two drives, the music turned into a buzzing sound, and the radio automatically rebooted. Obviously, my map route was killed once it turned back on.
Also, I have the display light/dark mode to switch automatically with headlights. My Home Screen is CarPlay up top and factory nav on bottom. At night with the headlights on, the nav at the bottom will correctly be in dark mode, but CarPlay on top will sometimes be in dark mode, sometimes in light mode.
Sorry to hear that. I've really not driven my truck since doing the update to 26.17 a few days ago, I'll have to give it a test drive.

Can you go back to 26.15? I imagine not.

Users who are viewing this thread