Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with new 6.4L

tchur1

Reaction score
I realize you think you “got us”, but the only one that’s being made to look foolish here is yourself. If you continuously spout things that are verifiable nonsense then no one is going to trust your advice when you actually try to give legitimate information. Not that it seems likely that will ever happen.
Im confused how we went from pulling an airstream with a Hemi to Biden voters lol. The internet is a crazy place.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I realize you think you “got us”, but the only one that’s being made to look foolish here is yourself. If you continuously spout things that are verifiable nonsense then no one is going to trust your advice when you actually try to give legitimate information. Not that it seems likely that will ever happen.

Ahhh youre hurt. Why so sensitive? I don't suggest anyone trust anything I have to say. That's not my life goal. You do you, boo.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Ahhh youre hurt. Why so sensitive? I don't suggest anyone trust anything I have to say. That's not my life goal. You do you, boo.
Nah man you're just typically (and seemingly purposefully) abrasive and I don't think people come onto a community forum looking for that kind of interaction. But I guess you do you too, boo.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Somebody is triggered by gas engines. We should be more careful and only use inclusive language so the diesel snowflake doesn’t get triggered in the Hemi chat

Weak. 1/10 for effort. I have to admit I expected better. But yeah, a gas motor in a heavy duty truck is pretty lame.

At least quote me or use my username. Awfully passive-aggressive of you, lil fella!

tchur1

Reaction score
Weak. 1/10 for effort. I have to admit I expected better. But yeah, a gas motor in a heavy duty truck is pretty lame.

At least quote me or use my username. Awfully passive-aggressive of you, lil fella!
This is such a weird hill to die on considering there are plenty of situations where a gas motor makes more sense in an HD. If you derive personal worth from the motor in your truck I dont think we will ever see eye to eye.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I feel I should also add:

You boys are welcome to buy, drive, and have opinions on whatever the hell you want.

BUT

So is everyone else.

Dont trigger so easily fellas!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
This is such a weird hill to die on considering there are plenty of situations where a gas motor makes more sense in an HD. If you derive personal worth from the motor in your truck I dont think we will ever see eye to eye.

I don't think personal worth has anything to do with the engine in your HD truck. Not sure how those dots connect.

That said, here are the facts:

The gas truck tows less, has less torque, performs worse at altitude vs diesel, and is overall less capable as an HD truck.

What is so controversial about that?

You guys are getting all into your feels too much!

jsalbre

Reaction score
I'm not sure where I implied I was hurt.

Somebody is triggered by gas engines. We should be more careful and only use inclusive language so the diesel snowflake doesn’t get triggered in the Hemi chat
Don't be so hard on the little fella. Some kids are just so insecure about themselves they have to scream impotently from the rooftops that they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
is overall less capable as an HD truck.
lol….not for she and I. I have suffered one of your’s as it slammed and crippled around the deer mountains for a week and never again if I can help it and I will, for sure. If you think a full size diesel performs better at altitude bring it up to the Rubies, ha.
I suppose it depends on what the definition of is, is.

Last edited:

Pitboss44

Reaction score
I don't think personal worth has anything to do with the engine in your HD truck. Not sure how those dots connect.

That said, here are the facts:

The gas truck tows less, has less torque, performs worse at altitude vs diesel, and is overall less capable as an HD truck.

What is so controversial about that?

You guys are getting all into your feels too much!
And has significant less payload. Gas is more practical for many applications. For example, most of our farm trucks run gas due to the frequent short trips but can still carry more in the bed than the diesels. If you’re confused there’s plenty of other resources available online you could take advantage of.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

I’ll take 1/10. that’s a good return since it’s more than the effort I put in. I tend to put more effort into my helpful posts than my sarcastic posts these days

Dave01

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share what I did with my completely useless gas motor 2500 over the last 36 hours. Picked up a bunch of stuff for work and delivered there, finished early and my wife and I drove 95 miles each way to visit her mom, drove down in rain and back in rain then sleet then snow, was able to drive past nearly every other vehicle on the road at 9:30 at night. Drove this morning to work in snow, put on the plow, plowed a few different places both pavement and dirt. Totally comfortable, quiet on the highway trip, totally capable for everything I wanted to do. No, towing 15,000 lbs. in the mountains wasn't part of the gig, not something I'm doing at all currently.

No idea why I bothered to buy this POS .... :D

snocam

Reaction score
This has been interesting to read. I really feel like we're better off hating on other brands, Ford or GM, than each other over gas vs diesel. I most definitely am a happy gas hemi owner. I also have a v10 f350 plow rig. Gas trucks have always done what I've asked, from towing my excavator to towing my camper. People buy trucks for different reasons, and I see the place for diesel rigs for sure, I may even own one at some point. One of my best friends had an old 7.3 psd for a long time, used to bust on my v10, until a particularly harsh cold stretch with Temps routinely below zero for days. My truck never skipped a beat!

jebruns

Reaction score
If you think a full size diesel performs better at altitude bring it up to the Rubies, ha.
I suppose it depends on what the definition of is, is.
I hate to get in the middle of this, but I didn't think there was any controversy about this. A turbo charged diesel will for sure perform better than a naturally aspirated gas motor at altitude, assuming we're talking about stock setups. I suspect you mean off-roading performance?

sanda

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share what I did with my completely useless gas motor 2500 over the last 36 hours. Picked up a bunch of stuff for work and delivered there, finished early and my wife and I drove 95 miles each way to visit her mom, drove down in rain and back in rain then sleet then snow, was able to drive past nearly every other vehicle on the road at 9:30 at night. Drove this morning to work in snow, put on the plow, plowed a few different places both pavement and dirt. Totally comfortable, quiet on the highway trip, totally capable for everything I wanted to do. No, towing 15,000 lbs. in the mountains wasn't part of the gig, not something I'm doing at all currently.

No idea why I bothered to buy this POS .... :D
I feel your pain. I tow 8800# travel trailer with another 1500# in the bed through the highest passes in Colorado. Average 10k miles a year. This POS 6.4 just runs the hills with no sweat. I should have bought the diesel so I could do as many of those owners and use it to pickup groceries and haul a 2x4 once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread