Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

chas0218

Reaction score
Titan tank will not work. Seems like Stellantis thought it was a good idea to only put the supply line on the sending unit. The other grey module is the vent/return line, and it is molded into the tank. It would work if the sending unit had the return line going to it

IpLQFTH.jpg width=250
How is the evap fastened on the inside of the tank? A good gasket and right size hole saw looks like it would make quick work of that spot on the titan tank. Looks like everything except the front evap on tje titan tank but looks like it doesnt need it from the shape of the tank.

Last edited:

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Pretty much everything in this schematic - https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-fuel-tank-68534615ab ; around $1200 worth. We compared it with the existing part numbers and they were all different; which makes sense if you are going to be adding ~15 gallons to make everything reach. Here is the initial list we came up with; they said they added a few other things they thought they might need; which we will take off the invoice if not used ybyUNdC5RM7UR5Xe.png

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Pretty much everything in this schematic - https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-fuel-tank-68534615ab ; around $1200 worth. We compared it with the existing part numbers and they were all different; which makes sense if you are going to be adding ~15 gallons to make everything reach. Here is the initial list we came up with; they said they added a few other things they thought they might need; which we will take off the invoice if not used View attachment 35339
Don’t forget fuel pump 68490270AB (if you want the fuel gauge to read correctly)

Metternacht

Reaction score
So. If I understand correctly. Nothing is really reused. It’s a completely new tank pump etc. to do the swap? Assuming it works.

chas0218

Reaction score
So. If I understand correctly. Nothing is really reused. It’s a completely new tank pump etc. to do the swap? Assuming it works.
Question, how would it effect the gauge if it is the same depth or very close? Shouldn't half tabk be half tank no matter how long the tank is?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Pretty much everything in this schematic - https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-fuel-tank-68534615ab ; around $1200 worth. We compared it with the existing part numbers and they were all different; which makes sense if you are going to be adding ~15 gallons to make everything reach. Here is the initial list we came up with; they said they added a few other things they thought they might need; which we will take off the invoice if not used View attachment 35339

Can't wait to see if it works out and the final list!!!

cdntrucker

Reaction score
I'm pulling the trigger on the Mopar tank. :fingerscrossed:
I did the same thing last Monday! Been reading similar threads for a while now. Mopar says it fits when you run the VIN number. Parts guy is like 'you're crazy'. Waiting for tank to arrive. Fingers crossed for all ranged limited truckers :) It's hopefully going on a 2500 CCSB.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Any ETA on the parts from the dealer? Just took a road trip over the weekend to another state so I am currently impatient/cursing the stock tank size LOL

chas0218

Reaction score
I did the same thing last Monday! Been reading similar threads for a while now. Mopar says it fits when you run the VIN number. Parts guy is like 'you're crazy'. Waiting for tank to arrive. Fingers crossed for all ranged limited truckers :) It's hopefully going on a 2500 CCSB.
Any idea if it'll fit a mega?

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Any ETA on the parts from the dealer? Just took a road trip over the weekend to another state so I am currently impatient/cursing the stock tank size LOL
Added the the fuel filter @Jimmy07 recommended; so hopefully another couple days for everything - supposedly the tank is already in; last week we were just waiting on a couple smaller pieces. I was going to ping him again Thursday or Friday if i haven’t heard anything.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Added the the fuel filter @Jimmy07 recommended; so hopefully another couple days for everything - supposedly the tank is already in; last week we were just waiting on a couple smaller pieces. I was going to ping him again Thursday or Friday if i haven’t heard anything.
I’ve had this tank swap for my 2017 CCSB on the back burner for the last year. I currently have the trans/transfer case/drive shaft out of the truck for a much bigger project, but this gave me time and plenty of space to stare at everything fuel tank related. I also compared a bunch of VINs and parts lists between CCSB with 31 tank, CCLB with 32 tank, and CCLB with 50 tank. A couple issues I see running into, mainly because I don’t know exactly how much longer the 50 gal tank is than the 31 gal tank:
- There is 11 1/2” from the front of the tank to the vapor can.
- There is only 1 1/2” space at the rear of the tank before you would put strain on the rear passenger brake line that crosses over.
- Getting the correct straps for the new tank is only half the battle. One strap bolts to a rib on the cab, and one strap bolts to a cross member on the frame under the bed, so the distance between the straps is most likely going to be different.
- The current filler neck hose location dictates where the tank is positioned for front to back, so depending where on the 50 gal tank the filler hole is compared to the 31 gal tank, the hose might have to be lengthened or shortened.
- Same as above with the vapor lines- even though you’re getting the “correct” lines that a 50 gal CCLB uses, it’s going to be dictated by where they connect to the tank in relation to where they connect on a CCSB.
- The vapor can parts are also different for the 50 gal tank.

Hopefully, you can get this all to work out.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I’ve had this tank swap for my 2017 CCSB on the back burner for the last year. I currently have the trans/transfer case/drive shaft out of the truck for a much bigger project, but this gave me time and plenty of space to stare at everything fuel tank related. I also compared a bunch of VINs and parts lists between CCSB with 31 tank, CCLB with 32 tank, and CCLB with 50 tank. A couple issues I see running into, mainly because I don’t know exactly how much longer the 50 gal tank is than the 31 gal tank:
- There is 11 1/2” from the front of the tank to the vapor can.
- There is only 1 1/2” space at the rear of the tank before you would put strain on the rear passenger brake line that crosses over.
- Getting the correct straps for the new tank is only half the battle. One strap bolts to a rib on the cab, and one strap bolts to a cross member on the frame under the bed, so the distance between the straps is most likely going to be different.
- The current filler neck hose location dictates where the tank is positioned for front to back, so depending where on the 50 gal tank the filler hole is compared to the 31 gal tank, the hose might have to be lengthened or shortened.
- Same as above with the vapor lines- even though you’re getting the “correct” lines that a 50 gal CCLB uses, it’s going to be dictated by where they connect to the tank in relation to where they connect on a CCSB.
- The vapor can parts are also different for the 50 gal tank.

Hopefully, you can get this all to work out.

Good information

Users who are viewing this thread