Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

jupp0r

Reaction score
Haha, thanks! How about door number three. It depends how people interpret what was written. :cool:

I added an arrow to the drive shaft for clarification of what was meant in that context. Of course the transfer case is much lower than that.

On the driver side there's part of the suspension that is already lower than the stock tank.

In both of these measurements the 50 gal tank appears to not reduce the effective clearance.

Only after installation will the hypothesis be confirmed.

When you are measuring from the control arms and the axle side of the drive shaft the you are not really saying anything about ground clearance as those parts move up and down as the rear articulates.

ThatAlbertaGuy

Reaction score
for the new tank is a new fuel pump needed as the tank is deeper ? I know some on here earlier said you needed to correct your range on the computer but I’m not sure that’s right.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
for the new tank is a new fuel pump needed as the tank is deeper ? I know some on here earlier said you needed to correct your range on the computer but I’m not sure that’s right.
So mentioned a part number that might be needed. We tacked it onto my order, along with a few other things that /might/ be needed. Once the final strap arrives and everything is installed I'll ask for a final part list.

ThatAlbertaGuy

Reaction score
So mentioned a part number that might be needed. We tacked it onto my order, along with a few other things that /might/ be needed. Once the final strap arrives and everything is installed I'll ask for a final part list.

Ok I can wait to see the outcome :) I guess with titan / transfer flow they maintain the OEM pump . But being it’s an OEM part they do like to make everything special.

cdntrucker

Reaction score
I had service department double check the list with techs and there was no mention that a new pump would be needed.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I had service department double check the list with techs and there was no mention that a new pump would be needed.
Really? Nobody can see that when you compare the parts list between a VIN equipped with 50 gal and a VIN equipped with 32 gal that they use different fuel pumps? How much deeper is the 50 gallon tank? I suppose that you don’t HAVE to change the fuel pump, but don’t be surprised if you have the same situation as when the CTD guys use a titan tank that uses the original fuel pump- the fuel gauge isn’t accurate for a certain amount of gallons when full and near empty. No amount of programming can change that, since programming only corrects the distance to empty.

cdntrucker

Reaction score
Really? Nobody can see that when you compare the parts list between a VIN equipped with 50 gal and a VIN equipped with 32 gal that they use different fuel pumps? How much deeper is the 50 gallon tank? I suppose that you don’t HAVE to change the fuel pump, but don’t be surprised if you have the same situation as when the CTD guys use a titan tank that uses the original fuel pump- the fuel gauge isn’t accurate for a certain amount of gallons when full and near empty. No amount of programming can change that, since programming only corrects the distance to empty.
Yep, did more digging last night. Definitively two types of pumps.

This one for 31 gallon

This one for 48/50 gallon.

Will get them to triple check this.

This has to be done right or not at all.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
it fits by measurement, we're waiting on parts and it will be installed
What about the actual strap locations? Assuming your tape measure hasn’t moved in the two pictures below, the straps for the 50 gal tank are ~43” apart? The straps on the 31 gallon tank are 23” apart.
A61293D2-B6C8-4FE6-A28A-23BCAF647FA4.jpeg
9C701BEE-ED41-4192-BDFB-FAADBB4840EA.jpeg

cdntrucker

Reaction score
What about the actual strap locations? Assuming your tape measure hasn’t moved in the two pictures below, the straps for the 50 gal tank are ~43” apart? The straps on the 31 gallon tank are 23” apart.
View attachment 37731
View attachment 37732
Good question. It's possible the straps are mounted on the frame at a new location.

These are going to be heavy duty straps one hopes.

ThatAlbertaGuy

Reaction score
I’m sure the straps are the same just would have to notch the frame and move the stud to the new strap locations ( a little more then just a bolt on install it seems )

Good question. It's possible the straps are mounted on the frame at a new location.

These are going to be heavy duty straps one hopes.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I just realized that with the 50 gallon tank on the Hemi, not only is the evap can different, but there is also a fuel isolation valve between the tank and charcoal can #1. I don’t know if the connector for the FTIV is present on all 2020+ Hemi rams, but the circuit definitely doesn’t exist on a 2019 Ram Hemi PCM (where the FTIV control wire originates). The FTIV connector and wiring will have to be overlayed in if it is not present on the 31/32 gallon tank equipped hemis.0374F741-D6A0-4526-977D-C2E287A9D902.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread