Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I am going to do it when my '22 comes in, but yall are gonna be waiting a while for that.

Having to wait isn't acceptable... can you please hurry it up? ;)

Squatch

Reaction score
You can get a 50gal tank on a 3500 LB Hemi. Get the Titan 52gal tank, adapt the filler neck to work, and run with it. If there is an EVAP issue, then there might be a canister difference. Look up part numbers for the SB and LB, and figure out what is different. Change those parts.

Someone needs to just break down and buy the thing. I had an aftermarket 55gal tank on my gas 2500HD. Had to make sure venting was very good and make the filler neck work. Ran with it for 7.5 years. It threw an EVAP code once or twice a year. I plugged in the scanner, cleared it, and went until it came back.

I am going to do it when my '22 comes in, but yall are gonna be waiting a while for that.
I like this guy^

Pronto

Reaction score
I know the mega cab has a lot of empty space forward of the fuel tank. I want to crawl under a long bed with a 50 gallon tank and take some measurements to see if one would fit a mega cab.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The Power Wagon is only available in CCSB. Something must not be right here, I'm assuming that MOPAR know where their parts fit?
This is what I'm finding and the 50 gallon tank is not an option on the Power Wagon...
It only appears as an option on all Crew Cab Long Bed truck.

I mean, if you're finding a 50 gallon tank for the Crew Cab Short Bed, let's find that P/N because there would be lots of interested people... me included.

1631315219791.png

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
New chassis cabs with the hemi will now have an optional dual tank option. Unsure of how it fits.

For those who opt for the 6.4-liter HEMI® Big Gas Engine (BGE) V8 in their Chassis Cab, RAM has been listening to its customer base and is now offering dual fuel tanks on the gas engine models. The addition of the dual tank option should help those looking for extending their range on the HEMI.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
This is what I'm finding and the 50 gallon tank is not an option on the Power Wagon...
It only appears as an option on all Crew Cab Long Bed truck.

I mean, if you're finding a 50 gallon tank for the Crew Cab Short Bed, let's find that P/N because there would be lots of interested people... me included.

View attachment 21724

Remember the PW has way less payload capacity than other trims.

MrPatriot

Reaction score
I'm very confused with all of this. Some of you are saying no other tanks are available for the PWs while a few of you have referenced parts from MOPAR. I found part # 68534615AB (which I saw one or two others reference in this thread) which MOPAR claims fits in HD trucks and more specifically the PW.

Does anyone know for sure if this tank will or will not fit in our trucks? The product descriptions certainly look like it will fit. I've honestly never thought about a larger tank until I bought my PW and saw how bad it really is with gas mileage (~9mpg in the city). I'd love to increase the range with a larger tank if possible.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
These are the part numbers (provided by the owners earlier this year) for the 50 gallon tanks which are on the CC LB trucks.
As far as I know, no one has actually ordered, and tried to install these tanks.

50 gallon tank - 68379699AA (superseded by p/n 68379725AD), also says 48 gallons
50 gallon tank - 68534615AA (but description also says 48 gallons)

dablack21

Reaction score
Wonder if there is any reason this wouldn’t fit the 19.
So I have an earlier comment on this thread, and basically I pulled the measurements on the 32 gal tank in my CCSB and had someone pull the measurements on a 50gal tank from their gasser CCLB 50 gal tank. The SB gasser has about 12" of room in front of it, and the oem 50gal tank would need an additional 27" (I think, I didn't go back and look). So unless I move that bracket with whatever it is bolted to it, there isn't enough room to fit an OEM 50gal tank in a shortbed truck.

MrPatriot

Reaction score
So unless I move that bracket with whatever it is bolted to it, there isn't enough room to fit an OEM 50gal tank in a shortbed truck.
Just to clarify, when you say "short bed", are you referring to the 6'4" length bed? Asking as this is my first HD truck and not sure if there's a 5'7" bed for the HD like there is for the 1500s.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Just to clarify, when you say "short bed", are you referring to the 6'4" length bed? Asking as this is my first HD truck and not sure if there's a 5'7" bed for the HD like there is for the 1500s.
Yep, he means the 6'4" bed is the 'short' bed for the HD.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So I have an earlier comment on this thread, and basically I pulled the measurements on the 32 gal tank in my CCSB and had someone pull the measurements on a 50gal tank from their gasser CCLB 50 gal tank. The SB gasser has about 12" of room in front of it, and the oem 50gal tank would need an additional 27" (I think, I didn't go back and look). So unless I move that bracket with whatever it is bolted to it, there isn't enough room to fit an OEM 50gal tank in a shortbed truck.

So everything else sits in the same place and 'only' need more space forward of the tank...

MrPatriot

Reaction score
Good to know. The other comments on this thread make a lot more sense now. Thanks!

copcarguy

Reaction score
I wish I ordered the 50 gallon tank in my ‘21 CCLB… I missed checking that box lol. I wonder if it’s doable / what needs to be swapped.

tla90

Reaction score
Having to wait isn't acceptable... can you please hurry it up? ;)
Ordered. Debating on whether to yank the filler neck and spout out of a wrecked diesel to get rid of that headache. There was a vent line on my last truck that went to the fill spout, so I am going to have to look at that.

Few things I am worried about:
Mounting b/c I have air suspension
EVAP system issues - I'm just guessing the EVAP canister size would be the only possible difference btwn the OEM big and small tanks. My last truck was also able to be overfilled. Need to sort that out
Fuel pump depth vs diesel
Vent line routing

I will be keeping my stock tank in case any issues arise. Ram should've designed a bigger tank for these trucks. I can't handle going ~300mi or 2x/wk between fill-ups. That's just too much

Users who are viewing this thread