Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotella T6 5w-40 Availability

AJ608

Reaction score
I usually go through ~20-30 gal of oil a month (work) I use to use Rotella until it disappeared. I ordered 100 gal at like 14 something a gal a several months ago. Now that it's hard to find and $10 a gal more, I started buying CAT oil. It's made by Mobil and was only $16 a gal.
I was in NAPA the other day and their brand 15-40 is 17.39 per gal

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Just a fyi for anyone in idaho looking for shell rotella t6 5w40 , Where i bought my 12 gallons a few weeks ago at home depot in nampa they now have another 12 cases in the overhead storage so there getting more shipments in then other stores . $22.98 a gallonIMG_20220119_113555.jpgIMG_20220119_113518.jpg

flan

Reaction score
Just for curiosity’s sake I checked availability at my local HD and the site says none available within 100 miles of my zip code haha!

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Just for curiosity’s sake I checked availability at my local HD and the site says none available within 100 miles of my zip code haha!
Mine says the same thing looking online but they actually have 12 or more 3 gallon cases in stock . So the moral of the story is you have to go to the store and check the shelves and overhead storage to know for sure.

flan

Reaction score
Mine says the same thing looking online but they actually have 12 or more 3 gallon cases in stock . So the moral of the story is you have to go to the store and check the shelves and overhead storage to know for sure.
Good info there, thanks!

ddown

Reaction score
Picked up 3 gallons of Valvoline Premium Blue 5W-40 at local Meijer's 21.48 gallon. And it's Cummins factory Fill and approved.

tyler2you

Reaction score
NAPA cancelled my order for 6 gallons of the Delvac 5W40 today. They said the distribution center wouldn't send them any.

They did have the Valvoline Premium Blue 5W40 for the same price in-store so it all worked out.

Will_T

Reaction score
Well after having two online orders for the Rotella 5W40 cancelled and coming up on a year in a couple of months, I was a little nervous. I decided to check the Home Depot website again. Last week there was none at our local store. Today the website said they had 7 at the same price as the photo a few posts back, $22.98. So, it pays to keep checking, I guess. I immediately drove down there, (just a 10 minute trip). By the time I got there only 3 were left. Being the nice guy that I am and not wanting to cause someone else to come up empty, I decided to pass on the purchase. o_O

Well, maybe not that nice a guy..... At least I now can sleep again knowing I am good for the year. ;) But me being me, I might find something else to worry about!!

I actually may keep the filters and oil until the subsequent change and let the dealer do this first change. I have heard that the gorilla at the factory can make it very tough to get the filters off the first time so maybe I will let the dealer "deal" with it. That is if they even have the filters and oil when the time comes. Someone told me they had to wait 3+ weeks for oil and fuel filter change from our local dealer because there was a "limited supply".

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
You might try Orielly's Auto Parts online, I ordered 3 gallons at 31.99 each, and had in about a week. Decided to order again a week later, same price and etc. First order came from Oklahoma, second from Florida.

I tried to order in the store last week and they laughed at me. I took my window washer fluid and left! LOL

Nd79

Reaction score
I am set for my next two changes as I sit right now, but had to go with oils other than Rotella.

I was in an AutoZone today and they were restocked with an STP diesel oil in the 5w-40 weight. I didn't get any since I am already set, and hopefully by the time I do two more oil changes the Rotella will be available again. Anyways, I've found the following available in my area :

AutoZone: STP 5w-40
Cummins service center: Valvoline 5w-40 (has the Cummins logo and recommendation on the bottle)

Will_T

Reaction score
I tried to order in the store last week and they laughed at me. I took my window washer fluid and left! LOL
X3. Even now the O'Reilly website tells me it's not available to ship to my local store and not available for home delivery. When I called them last week to see if they could order it they said no that it was back ordered too far and they had too many people that wanted it. But now I'm good since I found the three gallons at Home Depot.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Is there a big difference between the Valvoline and Rotella?

Omarf4

Reaction score
I have been using STP full synthetic 5w-40 for two Oil changes so far as it’s easily available at my local auto zone. $26 for 1 gallon (4qt). Has the CK-4/SN specification needed for Cummins. I really like this oil and use it in my generators and boat.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Tried a couple auto parts stores today that listed online to have rotella 5w40 in stock for $32/gallon, no luck at either. Decided to stop by home depot and to my surprise they had 27 gallons for $23/gallon. I decided to buy 9 gallons to get me by for a while. Pretty happy with my score.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ddown

Reaction score
The additive pack on Valvoline is stouter more anti-wear additives and higher TBN

Users who are viewing this thread