Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotella T6 5w-40 Availability

DMC1

Reaction score
Anybody having trouble locating Rotella T6 5w-40? Can’t find any at the local places.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Anybody having trouble locating Rotella T6 5w-40? Can’t find any at the local places.
Not here there is 20+ 5gal pails at all 4 local canadian tire stores but walmart only carry's the T4 15w40 here i only buy pails personally

DMC1

Reaction score
Not here there is 20+ 5gal pails at all 4 local canadian tire stores but walmart only carry's the T4 15w40 here i only buy pails personally
I did find a couple of 2.5 gallon pails. May have to go that route. I have 3 gallons for the next change then I’m out of luck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I did find a couple of 2.5 gallon pails. May have to go that route. I have 3 gallons for the next change then I’m out of luck.
We dont have 2.5gal pails here but we do have jugs that size

DMC1

Reaction score
All of the Wally Worlds around me are empty! Some will show soon and I’ll grab it.

DMC1

Reaction score
Went through the same issue for my last oil change two weeks ago.

However, an unlikely hero emerged from the land of no Rotella T6 to be found….

THE HOME DEPOT.

Never thought to even look there for diesel oil, but stumbled across it by accident. Plenty in stock!
Awesome find. I did grab a few jugs since this thread started. I’ll check out the local Home Depot. Thanks.

red

Reaction score

I buy the 5w40 Canadian Tire house brand when it goes on sale. It's advertised as manufactured with Shell technology or something along those lines. Bet it's the Rotella in a different pail.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I buy the 5w40 Canadian Tire house brand when it goes on sale. It's advertised as manufactured with Shell technology or something along those lines. Bet it's the Rotella in a different pail.
I have never had an issue with motomaster oil in other things but my cummins trucks get t6 shell and thats it

BAT3500

Reaction score
Not to be had in my local area. Wallyworld, amazon, autozone, tractorsuppy all out online when i checked last week. If it was listed it was for stupid high pricing with delivery out to next month.

Omarf4

Reaction score
Major trucking shortages across the country. Oil, fuel filters, oil filters…. Plan early as things are going to get worse come holiday season. People are buying stuff like crazy in the US and supply chains are struggling across the board. Forget anything coming from China, that’s a given delay. Most of the oils and filters are made here in the North America but they don’t have enough trucks / truck drivers to ship stuff.

js4024

Reaction score
I personally use nothing but Amsoil. Order it online and it ships right to the door. Their signature series oil and filters are really high quality. I will have no concerns running my new 2022 to 15,000 miles as recommended by Cummins (when it gets here! lol). I wouldn't stretch any other brand that far. Although the Penzoil synthetic is also supposed to be very good as well but not sure if they have a diesel oil yet. I know friends that buy the cheapest oil on sale and honestly don't seem to have issues... Personal choice I guess.

2001WS6

Reaction score
If you guys want to run Valvoline 5w40. Zoro has it in stock.

oil

Users who are viewing this thread