Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Start

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Assuming the dealer would turn the remote star tslaes code on. I would guess $200.

Why don’t you buy the $55 cable, obd2 part for $60 and the Jscan app for $22. Way easier than dealing with a crappy service dept and surprise bill.

It’s an app on your phone or tablet. Search on your App Store. It’s similar to Alfa OBD but it’s only mopar specific

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I bought the remotes from ebay do I still need to unsolder the buttons and resolder them onto my remote? Can't I just reprogram the new remote ?
Not if the remotes you bought have the remote start button on them

Dan Carey

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to program used fobs to their truck? As in a used 5 button 2022 Ram fob to a different 2022 Ram?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to program used fobs to their truck? As in a used 5 button 2022 Ram fob to a different 2022 Ram?
It’s possible, but the programmers available to erase the fobs themselves are far more expensive than buying new fobs.

Dan Carey

Reaction score
I have a Xtool D8, which offers a program to wipe an old key, I have been reluctant to try it as I don't want to lose the programming on the key used to access the system. I also have OBDlink MX+ with Jscan, which I like better for programming a fob.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I have a Xtool D8, which offers a program to wipe an old key, I have been reluctant to try it as I don't want to lose the programming on the key used to access the system. I also have OBDlink MX+ with Jscan, which I like better for programming a fob.
If you can plug the fob board into it (or place it in the wand), and it is capable of wiping GQ4-76T fobs, it should work

Dan Carey

Reaction score
What's the current "best" aftermarket GQ4-76T fob. FWIW, My D8 will not pull the pin numbers from my 22 2500. To make matters more complicated, the Jscan will and they look like this 1 33 95, I used that 5 numbers on the Jscan to program a fob. The D8 will not use those numbers to connect. I have all the jumpers and "wires".

Reaction score

Their customer service is crap (don’t respond to emails) and their instructions suck. I posted about this and explained it in another thread. Cable works good though.

Vlinker MC on Amazon, Jscan app…

Use this to turn on the Remote start function. Then you can obtain the pin with the Jscan app, program the keys with same app, I had to try it a few times (see my thread why)….but it works beautifully..

You might need a hood bypass if yours is not present. My fathers 22 big horn didn’t need to do this, it was present.

Once you change the settings, drive the truck 30mph for a few minutes. Then remote start will work.

$80 for the key fob from mopar, $22 for Jscan app, $55 for vlinker and $55 for cable. $200 ish….

Local dealer wanted $180 for the key and $275 to program alone. They wouldn’t turn on sales code without buying the “remote start kit”. I have a commercial account with the dealer so I just bought the fob only. Dealer route would have cost $750 for this vs spending $200 in my driveway having fun
Did you have the link to the instructions on how to install the KAOdTECH bypass cable ?

Users who are viewing this thread