Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
GLWT and let us know how it goes - A lot of those reman keys won't program. Several here have had trouble. I had to send mine back.

On the site it says

• One 2022 RAM 2500 Smart Keyless Entry Remote with Remote Engine Start and Power Tailgate - brand new with uncut emergency insert key included. Genuine, original OEM (factory Dodge) remote. Same as the remote you can purchase at your local RAM dealership\

So...... I hope it works. I do like Ebay alternative, a lot cheaper.. But I guess I have the "RAM" and "Bighorn" or whatever on it.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
this thread got me in gear to get mine up and going this afternoon. had to remove the security gateway so the locksmith could program the fob. a few clicks in alfa and now have remote start and tg release. new fob is pretty.

20221215_161427.jpg

tjhall23

Reaction score
Can one of you please tell me in simple terms how you guys are doing this, and if I can too??!! I miss my remote start on the new truck, and can't stomach another $400 to install an aftermarket one. 2022 3500 Tradesman CTD. I greatly appreciate it!

flan

Reaction score
You cad do it, all the info is contained in this thread. Grab a favorite beverage, a pad and pen, scroll through and take notes as what you need to do.

tjhall23

Reaction score
You cad do it, all the info is contained in this thread. Grab a favorite beverage, a pad and pen, scroll through and take notes as what you need to do.
After posting that message, I realized I was on page 33 of 33. I should have known. Thanks for letting me know it can actually be done, I'll check it out! Thanks!

flan

Reaction score
After posting that message, I realized I was on page 33 of 33. I should have known. Thanks for letting me know it can actually be done, I'll check it out! Thanks!
If you get stuck post back up, someone will hop in to help you out.

Reaction score
Just throwing out a reliable fob alternative, I’m 15 for 15 on successfully programming these:

First, thanks for all your inputs! I'm new to this thread but have used your info plenty already! Hope to be able to repay you in some way!

That product description has you check for the same FCC ID. Mine matches the GQ4-76T, but not the other numbers after that comma. How critical is that? What's your experience with it? I did 4 years of custom automotive electrical work, so I know some of this stuff can be finicky.

I also already have an AlphaOBD MX+ and a bypass harness on the way (for also adding a cargo camera).
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Bajaboy7

Reaction score
Just throwing out a reliable fob alternative, I’m 15 for 15 on successfully programming these:

Thanks for the tip! Just returned home from the dealer and 2 of these fobs successfully programmed!!!

Last edited:

dmhines

Reaction score
Was abe to get Remote Start and Remote Tailgate working on my 2023 Tradesman today using alfaODB + 1K resistor + Ebay Key Fobs.

My BCM C1 PIN 11 connector had a wire in it already but my Tradesman did not have wired Hood Latch. I cut the wire about 3 inches from connector and soldered a long wire to it .. added a 1K resistor to the wire and then ground it under the dash.

I ordered a set of RAM key Fobs that had the remote start and tailgate buttons. I took them apart, un-soldered the microswitches and added the switches to my original Key Fob circuit board. I put my original circuit board into the nicer remote housing since the Tradesman Fobs are kinda cheesy.

I added the the OEM strut to the tailgate since Tradesman is missing that as well.

Then it was just a matter of using ALFAODB to update the settings .. and it all worked like a charm and no dealer or locksmith visit.

FYI .. the remote Tailgate worked immediately just by adding the button to my original remote .. without changing any settings.

Last edited:

Jhurls

Reaction score
Hey Guys. What is everyone using for Bluetooth OBD code reader these days? I saw gOOfys post earlier about using the LinkMX form Amazon, but they are not currently available. Is there something else that works well? Also the AlfaOBD is not available for IOS, should I just pick up an android tablet to be able to interface with it? I am also going to order the security by-pass cable from Kaotech.
I just placed an order for two of the multifunction key fobs Jimmy07 posted about from eBay. TIA

TrunkMonkey

Reaction score
I owe you all big time. I missed my remote start from my 1500 bighorn, so I took @Jimmy07 advise and ordered the key fob he recommended from ebay. Also ordered the tailgate dampener from ebay. Dealer charged me $100 to program the fob with no problems. They added the remote start sales code for no charge, and now I have remote start and tailgate release on my 22 Tradesman! I'm thrilled!

Users who are viewing this thread