Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@RamCares

JJC72

Reaction score
10/2020 Ram 2500, 6K miles. Towing 8K down hiway, cruise set to 72mph, smooth road, tow/haul mode engaged, exhaust brake set to auto. All of sudden it was like the ignition switch was turned off and back on real quick. Cruise control dropped off, tow/haul mode and exhaust brake modes dropped off, alternator stopped charging (voltage went to 12.5 then started climbing again to 13.8), throttle was momentarily unresponsive. Then all back to normal with an flashing ETC (red lightning bolt) on. Upon shutdown and restart, ETC was on solid (red lightning bolt). Dealer said updated ECM software, and cleared code. Now happened again, same exact circumstance. Any others have this??

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have owned 06,11,16,and now a 2020 and have never have had one issue with any of them. Its hard to say why some of these trucks have issues and some never do.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
10/2020 Ram 2500, 6K miles. Towing 8K down hiway, cruise set to 72mph, smooth road, tow/haul mode engaged, exhaust brake set to auto. All of sudden it was like the ignition switch was turned off and back on real quick. Cruise control dropped off, tow/haul mode and exhaust brake modes dropped off, alternator stopped charging (voltage went to 12.5 then started climbing again to 13.8), throttle was momentarily unresponsive. Then all back to normal with an flashing ETC (red lightning bolt) on. Upon shutdown and restart, ETC was on solid (red lightning bolt). Dealer said updated ECM software, and cleared code. Now happened again, same exact circumstance. Any others have this??

Hello @JJC72! We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing these ongoing vehicle concerns and would like to help alongside a dealer appointment. Please feel free to send Ram Cares a private message with your VIN to get started! We look forward to your contact.

Hannah
Ram Cares

JJC72

Reaction score
Hello @JJC72! We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing these ongoing vehicle concerns and would like to help alongside a dealer appointment. Please feel free to send Ram Cares a private message with your VIN to get started! We look forward to your contact.

Hannah
Ram Cares
Hannah, my VIN is [REDACTED] , and Truck is currently at Dealer being looked at. They stated they need time to investigate, but nothing found so far.

Thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
No problem @JJC72! We would be happy to assist further via private message. Our team can assist you better there! Also, for the safety of your private information we recommend removing your VIN from this public forum.

Hannah
Ram Cares

JJC72

Reaction score
Thank you, and sorry for the lack of proper etiquette on posting VIN. Not sure how to private message? Anyway, dealer called and said worked with RAM engineering and troubleshot it down to a defective alternator. Said ECM's power was being drawn down by an internal short in alternator. New alternator on order, 2/3 days to come in.

Thank you again

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thank you, and sorry for the lack of proper etiquette on posting VIN. Not sure how to private message? Anyway, dealer called and said worked with RAM engineering and troubleshot it down to a defective alternator. Said ECM's power was being drawn down by an internal short in alternator. New alternator on order, 2/3 days to come in.

Thank you again

Not a problem! I started a private conversation should you need to reach out down the line. Glad to hear that you are on the right track. Again, don't hesitate to reach out to our team!

Hannah
Ram Cares

JJC72

Reaction score
Dealer replaced Alternator, so far so good! Huge thanks to ALLEN MELLO CDJR of Nashua. Technician's detailed troubleshooting diagnostic information was best i have seen in a long time. Very thorough.

Thank you

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with a cracked weld on a new truck. 2020 Ram 3500 and had it less than a year and had a rim let go at the weld. Now the dealer's service dept is acting like it will take a act of god to replace. They want me to bring in the truck and take pictures of the truck and the rim and send a report up the chain to see if they will warranty it. Problem is, I rarely get home during the week and on the weekends am hooked to a 40' loaded gooseneck trailer and really don't like dropping a loaded trailer. Had the rim with me when I picked up the new one I ordered when I was on the road. But just seeing the rim wasn't good enough. I have to bring the truck in so they can take pictures of the truck? I guess this is the reason I haven't heard good things about RAM service. To many hoop's to jump thru. I had no problem buying the one I ordered but figured RAM would do the right thing and order another for a warranty replacement.

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
Guess Ramcare's really doesn't. Not a single reply from them or my dealer. Guess they are trying to earn the reputation I keep hearing about RAM Customer service.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess Ramcare's really doesn't. Not a single reply from them or my dealer. Guess they are trying to earn the reputation I keep hearing about RAM Customer service.

By what means have you tried to contact @RamCares? Did you tag them like I just did?

Have you tried to send them a private message here? Call?

Just posting or complaining in this thread doesn't necessarily make them jump to attention to address your concerns.

JJC72

Reaction score
Glad to hear it @JJC72 !

Hannah
Ram Cares
Hannah, problem is back again. Same issue, truck reboots at hiway speeds without notice. Now dealer thinks it is a bad computer, and was told over 30 days to wait for parts. Loss of truck for over a month this time? Can you assist at all? Truck is at Allen Mello CDJR in Nashua, NH. Thanks

BigRed2021

Reaction score
I'm starting a thread for us to be able to easily inquire about or post a question to @RamCares to make it easier for everyone to be able to just go to one site and check on replys from @RamCares . This should also be the ultimate one stop shop for @RamCares to just check on once a day to see what knew concerns are out there and keep loyal customers up to date on the latest news on our dilemmas with out reading dozens of threads were we are all trying to get there attention. I hope this makes it easier for all party's involved and know going into it that not all concerns will get an answer that were happy with but hopefully we can all just come out and say what we know about our concerns at the time so we all know weather to move on to something else or not. Here are a few topics I've seen were patrons are asking for a response from @RamCares to get us started.
1: gear indicator option in gauge cluster
2: a/c issues
3: cab rattle

hopefully we can hear some feedback from @RamCares about were there at on these issues and others posted and we greatly appreciate any knowledge that they can pass on to us, there loyal customers.
Rich, have a look at this. Codes P0600,P0800,P0a00,P0caa, P0563 i have had a low /high battery light, voltage was dropping from 14v to 11v when i pulled over and shut off truck. When you start back up all is normal and voltage is ok. When truck shut off completely, we were going about 5 to 10 miles an hour on freeway pulling our RV. Accident slowed us down then my truck just shut off ,whole truck. No dash, steering , brakes etc, no power]. I managed to get to the side pumping gas peddle. Shut it off and all came back normal. Drove all weekend then on way back home high battery light came on , voltage was 14v. truck has been in and out of shop multiple times no fault found. Last time battery light came on and truck slowed itself down and was shuddering like bad cylinder. Dealer pulled multiple codes on that one, still can`t find issue and neither can FCA. Codes P0622 , B210E-17 and 34 total. But can`t find issue really. Hate to vent but it`s getting old.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Rich, have a look at this. Codes P0600,P0800,P0a00,P0caa, P0563 i have had a low /high battery light, voltage was dropping from 14v to 11v when i pulled over and shut off truck. When you start back up all is normal and voltage is ok. When truck shut off completely, we were going about 5 to 10 miles an hour on freeway pulling our RV. Accident slowed us down then my truck just shut off ,whole truck. No dash, steering , brakes etc, no power]. I managed to get to the side pumping gas peddle. Shut it off and all came back normal. Drove all weekend then on way back home high battery light came on , voltage was 14v. truck has been in and out of shop multiple times no fault found. Last time battery light came on and truck slowed itself down and was shuddering like bad cylinder. Dealer pulled multiple codes on that one, still can`t find issue and neither can FCA. Codes P0622 , B210E-17 and 34 total. But can`t find issue really. Hate to vent but it`s getting old.
That guy was banned so he wont be responding

MrPatriot

Reaction score
this one is the first where i have to repeatedly go back and shut the door harder to get it to shut
My wife and kids have that issue with the front passenger door. I've just blamed them to date for not paying attention when closing the door. Didn't realize this was a larger issue.

Now, I will say that I'm not totally bothered with it as the truck is very quiet rolling down the road. This is easily the quietest truck I've ever been in. It doesn't fix the door closing issue, but I'll allow it as long as the cabin is sealed and quiet. But that's just me.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Received an email from MOPAR telling me there is an open recall on my truck (#Y76) for the engine block heater relay, which could cause a fire while the truck is either on or off.

Called the dealer and was told parts would be available...in FEBRUARY 2022. Is this true? If so, what am I supposed to do for the next 3+ months?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Received an email from MOPAR telling me there is an open recall on my truck (#Y76) for the engine block heater relay, which could cause a fire while the truck is either on or off.

Called the dealer and was told parts would be available...in FEBRUARY 2022. Is this true? If so, what am I supposed to do for the next 3+ months?

If you have the affected relay (part Number ends in AA) disconnect the power feed cable to it from the battery.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
If you have the affected relay (part Number ends in AA) disconnect the power feed cable to it from the battery.

Thanks - I'll dig into this thread. Does unplugging it create other issues? I don't normally do that sort of stuff.

It's a little weird that my truck, which was manufactured AFTER this other thread began, would have included the same part that had already been identified as a problem and had been issued a 'stop sale'.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks - I'll dig into this thread. Does unplugging it create other issues? I don't normally do that sort of stuff.

It's a little weird that my truck, which was manufactured AFTER this other thread began, would have included the same part that had already been identified as a problem and had been issued a 'stop sale'.

It happened on earlier trucks, and again recently. Sounds like some of the old parts found their way into manufacturing and the recommended fix at the time was rescinded by FCA.

Users who are viewing this thread