Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@RamCares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey Jimmy,

We unfortunately do not have a TSB for that issue. At this time, if you'd like to begin a case with us for some additional assistance while your vehicle is getting repaired, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

Reaction score
Thank you Callie!

At this time I’m not going to bring it in for repair. The issue is too intermittent, which will be an issue when troubleshooting. I’ll wait to see if the problem is temperature related during the upcoming cooler months.

Jimmy

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@RamCares

RE: Leaking/worn rear shock @12K miles.

As I do not want to drive an unsafe vehicle for 30+ days before I can get an appointment, is there a mechanism to request (even partial) reimbursement for installing my own replacement(s)?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey @Brutal_HO ,

Our Social Engagement Team would be unable to answer that for you as we do not have the clearance to approve or deny reimbursement. We would recommend finding a dealership that can get you in sooner for an appointment. You can locate other dealers near you here: https://www.ramtrucks.com/find-dealer.html

Callie
Ram Cares

Whiteram2018

Reaction score
The last 3 I've had are junk 17 18 now 22. This will be my last. If something happens to my 22 I'll buy a older truck that I don't need ram. All the dealers within a 2 hour drive are useless so I'm stuck fixing ram **** work myself.

Phil T

Reaction score
@RamCares

2022 2500 Power Wagon Level 2
4,900 miles

I have an issue where the floor of the truck bed has separated from the front bulkhead of the bed in the front passenger's side corner after a car battery slid into the bulkhead:

View attachment 37661

View attachment 37660

I expect there to be some damage to the bulkhead and there are two small dents (so small as to not be visible in these photos) where the batter made contact, but I think the bed should separate like it did in this case. I was able to take a photo from underneath the truck and you can see where the spot weld (or is it just snapped/pressed together?) clearly did not hold:

View attachment 37662

View attachment 37663

As you can see, it did not tear or twist the metal at the "spot weld", that weld simply let go.

I believe that this weld point is faulty and that is why the bed separated like it did. It took my truck to one of my local dealers and was basically told that was normal and they would not do anything about it. The Service Director was kind enough to let me know I could take it someplace else for a second opinion and let them take care of it.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me in determining if in fact that weld/snap was faulting without simply saying "not our problem" and sending me down the road.

Thank you,

Keith
Inertia of a heavy object is a real bitch.

Etoimos

Reaction score
Inertia of a heavy object is a real bitch.
I agree, but my concern was that the press fit fasteners just came lose. If you look closely at that last photo you can see that the metal was not twisted or torn, the press fit just let go completely without any deformation. The beds on these trucks are just not very strong these days. Grab one of your tie down loops in the back of the truck and give it a tug. The whole damn thing flexes. All that said, I've already fixed this my self and it is a non issue now.

wolfpack

Reaction score
How can I get in touch with someone in the Wake Forest/Raleigh, NC area regarding on ongoing issue I’ve been having with the local service department at the dealership? My 2022 2500 has a bad cargo camera for months now. First they ordered the wrong part (which took a month) and then, after ordering the correct one, put the service appointment weeks out and then just called me again last week to push it out even further. At this point it’s ridiculous. The camera is covered under warranty and the warranty needs to be honored and also honored in a timely fashion.

Splzhaul

Reaction score
How can I get in touch with someone in the Wake Forest/Raleigh, NC area regarding on ongoing issue I’ve been having with the local service department at the dealership? My 2022 2500 has a bad cargo camera for months now. First they ordered the wrong part (which took a month) and then, after ordering the correct one, put the service appointment weeks out and then just called me again last week to push it out even further. At this point it’s ridiculous. The camera is covered under warranty and the warranty needs to be honored and also honored in a timely fashion.
I use the dealer in Kernersville NC they have always been good to me.

jak

Reaction score
In their defense, yes, there have been several assists I've seen public in the forums.
Thats good news. I'm fairly new here but have not seen a single positive post about Ramcares. I have seen many negative posts however.

Adam06

Reaction score
I haven’t had any luck , Willam from ram cares says some one will reach out to me. It’s been about a month since first contact and that’s it. I spent 3 hours on the phone when I called them and the lady was so rude I asked to talk to her supervisor and she wouldn’t. This is my first ram truck and don’t think I would by another one again. 80,000 dollar paper weight in my driveway with 8000 miles on it .

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Thats good news. I'm fairly new here but have not seen a single positive post about Ramcares. I have seen many negative posts however.

It is the interwebz... everyone one who has a problem complains.
Very few, if any, people go online to post about positive experiences.

I will say, they helped me one and I declined the offer they made on a 2nd issue.

jak

Reaction score
It is the interwebz... everyone one who has a problem complains.
Very few, if any, people go online to post about positive experiences.

I will say, they helped me one and I declined the offer they made on a 2nd issue.
This would be the perfect venue to hear all the positive experiences with Ramcares. Maybe a moderator could start a survey of some sort?

Adam06

Reaction score
Well they contacted me and said they can’t do anything, can’t get the parts out any faster, can’t get a rental because they don’t give out rentals for recalls. They just put some poor person on the phone to take blame and apologize over a hundred times for what they can’t do. This is just ridiculous , all the money they put into ram cares they could use to get their s$it together. Worst service ever.

cummins49423

Reaction score
My experience with "Roadside un-assistance" and "Ram-does not Care" is material for a horror movie. On the phone with roadside for almost 6 hours. We were camping and fishing, so it was remote and they did not like the price quote to come get the truck. My fifth wheel camper and boat were stuck at the camp site and us without wheels, great vacation. Ram care has not been any better. My truck 5 hours from my house at a dealer that works on one truck at a time. Bring a truck in put it on the hoist find out what parts are needed then wait for the parts to show up and then finish that truck. Then bring the next truck in and repeat the process. Instead they should bring the truck in find out what parts need to be ordered and push it back outside to wait for parts. My local dealer shop said it is a 8-14 hour job when the parts are on hand. This working one truck at a time puts my truck out of commission for months. Does Ram care? NO Does Dealer care? NO. They don't want to talk to you. I was calling once a week to find out what was happening but the last time 3 weeks ago they got mad and "you will get it when we get around to it". Not one call from anybody.

cummins49423

Reaction score
I forgot to say this K1 snap ring fail. I think they are afraid to do anything because of how major of a problem they have with a very High Dollar option. My concern is how much shrapnel is now float in the drive line. Transfer case, torque converter and transmission. I have had Four Cummins 98, 2003, 2004, 2014, and a missing in action 2022, four of the trucks were great. The 98 had 500,000 plus when I sent it to the farm and was working for him yet. I loved the trucks but I had to use a powerstroke to recover my fifthwheel before it froze and broke all the water lines. I would love to here how much ram really care???

Users who are viewing this thread