Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@RamCares

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm starting a thread for us to be able to easily inquire about or post a question to @RamCares to make it easier for everyone to be able to just go to one site and check on replys from @RamCares . This should also be the ultimate one stop shop for @RamCares to just check on once a day to see what knew concerns are out there and keep loyal customers up to date on the latest news on our dilemmas with out reading dozens of threads were we are all trying to get there attention. I hope this makes it easier for all party's involved and know going into it that not all concerns will get an answer that were happy with but hopefully we can all just come out and say what we know about our concerns at the time so we all know weather to move on to something else or not. Here are a few topics I've seen were patrons are asking for a response from @RamCares to get us started.
1: gear indicator option in gauge cluster
2: a/c issues
3: cab rattle

hopefully we can hear some feedback from @RamCares about were there at on these issues and others posted and we greatly appreciate any knowledge that they can pass on to us, there loyal customers.

cummins2020

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea Rich! Thanks for "Taking the Ram by the horns" and starting this!!!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I'm starting a thread for us to be able to easily inquire about or post a question to @RamCares to make it easier for everyone to be able to just go to one site and check on replys from @RamCares . This should also be the ultimate one stop shop for @RamCares to just check on once a day to see what knew concerns are out there and keep loyal customers up to date on the latest news on our dilemmas with out reading dozens of threads were we are all trying to get there attention. I hope this makes it easier for all party's involved and know going into it that not all concerns will get an answer that were happy with but hopefully we can all just come out and say what we know about our concerns at the time so we all know weather to move on to something else or not. Here are a few topics I've seen were patrons are asking for a response from @RamCares to get us started.
1: gear indicator option in gauge cluster
2: a/c issues
3: cab rattle

hopefully we can hear some feedback from @RamCares about were there at on these issues and others posted and we greatly appreciate any knowledge that they can pass on to us, there loyal customers.

Thank you very much, @Rich! Just had a chance to follow up over on the gear indicator thread!

Mark
RamCares

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, @Rich! Just had a chance to follow up over on the gear indicator thread!

Mark
RamCares
again, thanks Mark. Hopefully we can all work together to have a better product and I will pm you my vin.

LossPrev

Reaction score
I was considering making a thread but I would like to log an issue formally. My brake pedal is very loose and rattles like crazy when towing my RV and hitting bumps. Extremely rare when not towing but after a couple of hours towing it gets old very quickly.

I took it to my dealership, they said "could not replicate" which is no surprise because my 34' RV was not hooked up. They then said they called FCA and it is been brought up before but as of right now "it is working withing specifications" and there is nothing they can do.

What bothers me is that I can wiggle the brake pedal pretty easily so its obviously not very sturdy. There is a lot of play. It drives me crazy that an HD truck makes so much noise when towing a relatively light RV(8500lbs)

Edit: Rich sorry if I misunderstood what this thread is for. I can start my own (along with video) if necessary

Last edited:

nick00less

Reaction score
i have 3 concerns. one of which i believe has been addressed so i wont waste too much time with that one (weak AC). My other 2 concerns are:

1. the stereo doesn't get very loud. once you go past 25 it doesnt audibly get any louder. from 25-38 it sounds the same. is this some sort of safety feature built into the software to keep us from damaging our speakers, let alone our eardrums? sounds silly but i dont understand why program a radio to 38 when anything from 25-38 doesnt increase the volume at all.
2. these trucks come with a great cabin seal. however, this being my 4th ram 2500 (14,17,18,20), this one is the first where i have to repeatedly go back and shut the door harder to get it to shut. again its not necessarily a big issue as this is merely a reflection of how tight the cabin seal is, which i suppose could be beneficial. however i was wondering if anyone else noticed this too?

neither one i guess is a huge deal, like the ac is, but they are something ive noticed. just thought id share.

thanks, rich for creating this.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The only door I have to give a little more of push is the driver side passenger door... all the others are fine.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thanks mark for keeping us posted with the updates your making in the system as we supply you with our vins and some of our issues. We look forward to hearing back with some solutions. Thanks again.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I was considering making a thread but I would like to log an issue formally. My brake pedal is very loose and rattles like crazy when towing my RV and hitting bumps. Extremely rare when not towing but after a couple of hours towing it gets old very quickly.

I took it to my dealership, they said "could not replicate" which is no surprise because my 34' RV was not hooked up. They then said they called FCA and it is been brought up before but as of right now "it is working withing specifications" and there is nothing they can do.

What bothers me is that I can wiggle the brake pedal pretty easily so its obviously not very sturdy. There is a lot of play. It drives me crazy that an HD truck makes so much noise when towing a relatively light RV(8500lbs)

Edit: Rich sorry if I misunderstood what this thread is for. I can start my own (along with video) if necessary
i have 3 concerns. one of which i believe has been addressed so i wont waste too much time with that one (weak AC). My other 2 concerns are:

1. the stereo doesn't get very loud. once you go past 25 it doesnt audibly get any louder. from 25-38 it sounds the same. is this some sort of safety feature built into the software to keep us from damaging our speakers, let alone our eardrums? sounds silly but i dont understand why program a radio to 38 when anything from 25-38 doesnt increase the volume at all.
2. these trucks come with a great cabin seal. however, this being my 4th ram 2500 (14,17,18,20), this one is the first where i have to repeatedly go back and shut the door harder to get it to shut. again its not necessarily a big issue as this is merely a reflection of how tight the cabin seal is, which i suppose could be beneficial. however i was wondering if anyone else noticed this too?

neither one i guess is a huge deal, like the ac is, but they are something ive noticed. just thought id share.

thanks, rich for creating this.

Thank you both for taking the time to post here, @LossPrev & @nick00less. LossPrev - If you would be willing to send over your VIN via PM, as well as additional details regarding your most recent experience addressing this with your dealer, I would be more than willing to determine how I can best assist in your situation at this point.

nick00less - If at any point you address these items with your dealer, I am more than willing to get a case escalated on your behalf so that both you and your dealer have further support for that process.

Our team is always a PM away!

Mark
RamCares

nick00less

Reaction score
Thanks, Mark! I like the visit the dealer as little as possible. Should the time arise I’ll be sure to reach out

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks, Mark! I like the visit the dealer as little as possible. Should the time arise I’ll be sure to reach out

I certainly understand, and we are always available here to try and make that experience as smooth as possible!

Mark
RamCares

Ddc

Reaction score
@RamCares I am still not listed as the owner of my new 2500 on the Mopar site. I called last week, sent them the bill of sale and they said it would take a couple days to do it but I am still listed as “non-owner “on the site. The dealer I bought my 2019 1500 from set this up for me no problem but dealer I bought the new truck from seems pretty incompetent and did not do it properly. Therefore my Uconnect and other things don’t work. How can I get this fixed?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
@RamCares I am still not listed as the owner of my new 2500 on the Mopar site. I called last week, sent them the bill of sale and they said it would take a couple days to do it but I am still listed as “non-owner “on the site. The dealer I bought my 2019 1500 from set this up for me no problem but dealer I bought the new truck from seems pretty incompetent and did not do it properly. Therefore my Uconnect and other things don’t work. How can I get this fixed?
Ddc, sorry to hear about your experience. My ram owners site was also screwed up but ram customer care took care of me and hopefully they will do the same for you. I will add though that after our conversation, it took 2 wks to get straightened out and reflect the correct info on my site. keep up the pressure, welcome to the club.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
RamCares

Ddc

Reaction score
@RamCares I noticed that it was fixed last night. How do I activate my UConnect trial?

carlrx7

Reaction score
@RamCares Can you share if RAM is working on smoothing out the cruise control? Specifically, on the deceleration side. The truck is literally brake checking drivers behind me when going downhill. MPH drops by 1-2 mph below set cruise speed when descending causing traffic to slingshot next to me. This is becoming unbearable to the point i ride the gas pedal down the hill to keep the set cruise speed.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares I noticed that it was fixed last night. How do I activate my UConnect trial?
Hi,
Please give our customer care agents a call at 1-877-855-8400. They will be best to assist you with subscription questions.

Alison
RamCares

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
@RamCares Can you share if RAM is working on smoothing out the cruise control? Specifically, on the deceleration side. The truck is literally brake checking drivers behind me when going downhill. MPH drops by 1-2 mph below set cruise speed when descending causing traffic to slingshot next to me. This is becoming unbearable to the point i ride the gas pedal down the hill to keep the set cruise speed.

For me, both CC and ACC are constantly surging.. set speed to 70, drops to 69 and then speeds up to 72... and it does this on flat/level roads.
Dealer said no code, it is working fine... I've never had any car not maintain a speed when CC was set.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
For me, both CC and ACC are constantly surging.. set speed to 70, drops to 69 and then speeds up to 72... and it does this on flat/level roads.
Dealer said no code, it is working fine... I've never had any car not maintain a speed when CC was set.
Hmm... I was just out on the freeway this past weekend and ACC was nice and smooth. Set at 70 and it stayed at 70 even on overpasses. So I'd say that you do have an issue regardless of what your dealer says (of course, we all know that dealers are always right!). Caveat: I've got a 3500 Cummins and you've got a 2500 gasser.

Svon89

Reaction score
Ramcares, just a little note: suggest to your customer retention reps that taking care of a customers concerns are important. I am like a boat owner, except an ex ram owner as of now. I bought a 2019 ram 2500 that was at the dealers for various issues, and it finally came down to try to fight with ram to make it right or just take a loss and bail out. I took the loss and bailed out. Not sure if I was happier when I bought the truck or today when I wrote the check to payoff the difference and get away from Chrysler. Sad because a several months ago I loved my ram, then as safety issues arose it became I hate my ram. I also bought my ram through the friends and family program at the end of last year. What I didn’t realize was that by doing so I bound myself into binding arbitration rather than having a state lemon law to protect me. I hope nobody else has to go through what I did, but I am sure there will be others that also get a Friday afternoon build.

Users who are viewing this thread