Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@RamCares

DoesRamCare?

Reaction score
Sad that they won't make their screw up right. Especially since the unhappy customers are way more vocal than the happy ones...
I never wanted to be "that guy" bashing a brand on forums but I selfishly hoped it would bring some attention to my case and whole heartedly thought it would be good for potential buyers to see how a brand treats their owners. I had hoped this was going to end with a positive result and I would've updated as such, but at this point it looks like I'll be taking the hit and moving on to another brand.

I fully recognize that these sorts of warranty problems are pretty few and far between, but I think that's what makes it so crucial how they choose to respond to them.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares

Quick update: 1/30/2021
Dealer has now updated that they won't have the parts (windshield and rain sensor) until Feb. 15th. At that point it will be 7 weeks since this issue was first brought to their attention.

Ram offered me a CDI for my trouble which would be approximately 5% under invoice...that's great but they offered no help on trade in. So they want me to trade into my dealer under blue book offer and then buy a new one. To put some numbers to that I will lose approximately 11k between what I paid and what trade in is worth now. The CDI will cost save me about $4k (lots of dealers sell around or slightly under invoice). So that's a $7k hit and unacceptable in my opinion. Bare in mind my truck has 2700 miles today and the issue started barely 1 month after purchase with close to 1k miles.

I haven't had any interaction with @RamCares on here yet, which is unfortunate as they seem to have been fairly responsive on here in the past.

I am headed to look at an F-350 today. I'll take a bigger hit moving to a Ford but I'm ready to give another brand a chance at this point.
Hi @DoesRamCare?, I apologize for the delay in response. However, we did just have the opportunity to follow up with your private message. We look forward to discussing the details of your concerns with you further and assisting to the best of our ability.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Zinga

Reaction score
I never wanted to be "that guy" bashing a brand on forums but I selfishly hoped it would bring some attention to my case and whole heartedly thought it would be good for potential buyers to see how a brand treats their owners. I had hoped this was going to end with a positive result and I would've updated as such, but at this point it looks like I'll be taking the hit and moving on to another brand.

I fully recognize that these sorts of warranty problems are pretty few and far between, but I think that's what makes it so crucial how they choose to respond to them.
You're not the only one. I'm a first time Ram owner and this one will be my last. Actually, no one in the family has ever owned a Ram/Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat/Peugeot. Maybe that means I'm the only one willing to experiment. In short, I'll tell anyone who's interested to avoid the Ram trucks.

The dealership experience you have had doesn't surprise me. Although my issues aren't as severe, the common theme is "there are problems and none of the dealers can fix the problems if the manufacture doesn't have solutions." You're stuck because it doesn't matter where you go. Furthermore, someone who "cares" isn't going to fix the problem. All they can do is smooth things over while the Manufacture works on an actual fix, which is different than an attempt. FCA is huge and by the time anyone with authority who can set a cultural change in motion to address the root cause of the problems, months or years could pass.

My truck has several problems, all of which are common issues that other owners have. If there are two people who have spoken up, it probably means there are many others.

Ram had their chance. Someday, I'll buy another truck but I won't go to the Ram dealership when I buy again. In the meantime, I bought one and own it. It's my problem and fixing the problem is simple: buy something else the next time.

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
@RamCares :

Note: I will update this with the outcome, I am in the middle of it and upset, RAM may make this right, we'll see...

I'm posting this here for visibility because I am just a few days away from turning my back on RAM for good, which would be a shame as I've been loyal to the brand and in starting my business bought two HO 3500 (2019 and 2020) within a 10 month span (almost $145k worth of trucks!!!). I also chose ram for a reason and don't really want to "settle" on a Ford but it looks like that is where this is heading.

For reference I am posting this so others can have an understanding of what RAM warranty/service really looks like when they make a purchasing decision. It is not to bash them, if it wasn't for my issue I'd be in this truck and many other RAMs for a long time.

Background: $86k MSRP Max tow, night edition, delmonico Laramie Lvl 2 Dually (you get the picture, dream truck).
Issue: water pouring out the A-pillar when it rains. I live in the northwest, this is a big issue.
First taken to dealer 12/28/2021 after 2 months of ownership and 2700 miles.
First fix: dealer claims it is the sunroof glass and replaces the glass which takes 2 days, and they give me jeep cherokee loaner.
I go to pick up the truck and IN THE PARKING LOT it's still puking water out of the a-pillar.
So I leave it with them for another 2 days at which point they discover it is the sunroof frame itself.
Parts were out 3 weeks. They asked me to take it home because they don't have many loaners. This is when I got RamCares involved.
RamCares agent was able to get parts in "faster", only taking 2 weeks.
They scheduled me for 1/18/2021 at 7:30am. I show up drop the car off and drive home.
I get a call from the dealer saying they forgot to order the windshield and rain sensor which have to be replace when the sunroof comes out.
These parts are ANOTHER 2 weeks out. Again they ask me to bring the loaner back because they don't have many.
On 1/20/2021 I submit my truck for buyback on my agents suggestion.
On 1/27/2021 buyback is denied and they claim my only paths forward are arbitration or to let them try to fix it.
I still don't have an appointment or expected date when it will be fixed...

Issues I have with this whole process:
RAM has no loaner vehicles capable of doing what the vehicle they sold you can do.... I can't tow with a cherokee or renegade so I am out of work when the truck is in the shop. Ford fleet services does have tow rig loaners as I understand it.

The repairs on my truck are going to require a significant portion of my interior to be removed and replaced, I do not expect it's going to go back together just like it was because let's face it that's not how these things were designed to be put together.

My truck will now have multiple notes on it's history for this work being completed and will undoubtedly affect the resale value.

Because it rains here constantly I have had to borrow some shop space from a neighbor to keep this truck dry and have only been able to use it sparingly.

I bought the truck for my business and have literally been unable to use it on some days because I didn't want too much water getting in the truck.

Lessons to pass on:
If you live in a wet climate, don't buy a RAM with a sunroof. There are hundreds of posts about leaking sunroofs, most of which simply for the drain tubes....I wasn't so lucky. Maybe it's worth the risk to some but I get no pleasure out of it and usually keep it closed. If I had ordered one I'd forego it.
If your vehicle is waiting on parts and those parts or the issue affects the way you intend to use the vehicle, leave it with the dealer. Make it clear you can't use it as intended which will help count towards your lemon law days out of service and will probably (maybe not) push them to fix it quicker.
For perspective... I never order a sunroof. I’ve never had a ram, but one less system, increases weight & complexity, reduces headroom, increases tip-over speed, decreases rigidity, sun is bad for you anyway.

but my real point is my land rover had same issue. They found a plugged drain hole between the roof rail and the outside draining system. Water was confused and found a way in instead. They blew the draining line clear with air and problem went w
away. If helps?

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
Ramcares, just a little note: suggest to your customer retention reps that taking care of a customers concerns are important. I am like a boat owner, except an ex ram owner as of now. I bought a 2019 ram 2500 that was at the dealers for various issues, and it finally came down to try to fight with ram to make it right or just take a loss and bail out. I took the loss and bailed out. Not sure if I was happier when I bought the truck or today when I wrote the check to payoff the difference and get away from Chrysler. Sad because a several months ago I loved my ram, then as safety issues arose it became I hate my ram. I also bought my ram through the friends and family program at the end of last year. What I didn’t realize was that by doing so I bound myself into binding arbitration rather than having a state lemon law to protect me. I hope nobody else has to go through what I did, but I am sure there will be others that also get a Friday afternoon build.
I'm going through the same. If they don't agree to fix it this week I'm trading it for a GMC. I have 7000km and this thing is going to kill me

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
@RamCares I have alot of issues they are claiming are normal their not. I had noises and economy is suffering, breaks feel weird but they check another unit and tell me it's normal.....I think they have two broken units. I'm going to link to some videos and their not even the half of the issues I have on this truck. I am at the point were either FCA takes this thing back and gives me one they have actually done QC on or I'm trading it for a GMC and I just bought this truck last month. It's a 2020 2500 Laramie with the lv2, 12 inch Uconnect and Harmon Kardon. I was not pleased with my 2019 1509 longhorn I do not know what possessed me to buy another ram.

Scary rattle they won't take things apart to look for

Break swoosh

Suspect cp4

I have an absolute litany of other issues as well the 12 inch u connect is unusable over ur tooth due to 2 seconds of input.lagg....try having a phone call like that...my 2019 had the same system.and didn't have that issue...they claim it's normal cause he told.me a 2018 was doing it. That's not acceptable.
I buy a new truck every 2-3 years, if Chrysler wants to keep a customer.theh best get on this in a hurry I'm at my limit of bs I can put up with on a new vehicle

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
For me, both CC and ACC are constantly surging.. set speed to 70, drops to 69 and then speeds up to 72... and it does this on flat/level roads.
Dealer said no code, it is working fine... I've never had any car not maintain a speed when CC was set.
I'm having the same issue, won't maintain speed especially on hills....not acceptable for a diesel, mine didn't do it for the first 6800 kms and only started doing it, I think it's a sign of the cp4 pump going

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@RamCares I have alot of issues they are claiming are normal their not. I had noises and economy is suffering, breaks feel weird but they check another unit and tell me it's normal.....I think they have two broken units. I'm going to link to some videos and their not even the half of the issues I have on this truck. I am at the point were either FCA takes this thing back and gives me one they have actually done QC on or I'm trading it for a GMC and I just bought this truck last month. It's a 2020 2500 Laramie with the lv2, 12 inch Uconnect and Harmon Kardon. I was not pleased with my 2019 1509 longhorn I do not know what possessed me to buy another ram.

Scary rattle they won't take things apart to look for

Break swoosh

Suspect cp4

I have an absolute litany of other issues as well the 12 inch u connect is unusable over ur tooth due to 2 seconds of input.lagg....try having a phone call like that...my 2019 had the same system.and didn't have that issue...they claim it's normal cause he told.me a 2018 was doing it. That's not acceptable.
I buy a new truck every 2-3 years, if Chrysler wants to keep a customer.theh best get on this in a hurry I'm at my limit of bs I can put up with on a new vehicle

I'd bet money the rattle is an issue with the ANC (Active Noise Cancelling). It's noise coming through the speaker. also possible it's the Active Tuned Mass module under the cab.

1616955286420.png

RE: Brakes. Seems normal to me. The Cummins uses a hydroboost system that depends on a running engine. There's enough energy stored for a few assisted applications then it requires full force braking from your leg. These are HEAVY trucks that require a lot of force to stop. Is there any fluid visible around the hydroboost assembly? It could be leaking somewhere in the system or (I don't know the inner workings well) backfeeding into the steering pump line.

Hard to say anything about the front end 4x issue from just a description.

CP4 does not sound healthy.

Last edited:

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
I'd bet money the rattle is an issue with the ANC (Active Noise Cancelling). It's noise coming through the speaker. also possible it's the Active Tuned Mass module under the cab.

View attachment 13959

RE: Brakes. Seems normal to me. The Cummins uses a hydroboost system that depends on a running engine. There's enough energy stored for a few assisted applications then it requires full force braking from your leg. These are HEAVY trucks that require a lot of force to stop. Is there any fluid visible around the hydroboost assembly? It could be leaking somewhere in the system or (I don't know the inner workings well) backfeeding into the steering pump line.

Hard to say anything about the front end 4x issue from just a description.

CP4 does not sound healthy.
Hopefully this video helps, I'm not sure I did the hydroboost test procedure and I believe it's working, this seems like more of a break thing? I didn't notice it doing it before. I forgot to turn the climate control off so it's hard to hear the pump over the air because of where I placed my phone. Sorry the video is so long, I probably didn't do a good job on the shifting thing either but I'm no professional YouTuber I'm just a welder

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully this video helps, I'm not sure I did the hydroboost test procedure and I believe it's working, this seems like more of a break thing? I didn't notice it doing it before. I forgot to turn the climate control off so it's hard to hear the pump over the air because of where I placed my phone. Sorry the video is so long, I probably didn't do a good job on the shifting thing either but I'm no professional YouTuber I'm just a welder

Have you engaged with the Canadian equivalent of @RamCares ?

VUTEk_5300

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Tradesman 3500 Cummings. Just bought 3 weeks ago. I have a issue with the Belt or tension pulley squeaking non stop. I have had the truck in the dealership twice now. Im now being told that Ram knows this is an issue and are telling the service techs to not put parts on the truck until they can figure out what is wrong. ( I was told its the paint coming off the pulley causing the squeak) I spoke with Ram customer care and got a mixed response from them (basically blowing me off) Am I the only one with this Issue? I was told its late 2019 t0 mid 2020 models.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Tradesman 3500 Cummings. Just bought 3 weeks ago. I have a issue with the Belt or tension pulley squeaking non stop. I have had the truck in the dealership twice now. Im now being told that Ram knows this is an issue and are telling the service techs to not put parts on the truck until they can figure out what is wrong. ( I was told its the paint coming off the pulley causing the squeak) I spoke with Ram customer care and got a mixed response from them (basically blowing me off) Am I the only one with this Issue? I was told its late 2019 t0 mid 2020 models.
There is a thread on the forum about the squeak. A very small amount of dielectric grease on the bottom of the belt had fixed it for many.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

In addition to the thread @Brewbud provided (it may be posted there), others have reported STAR telling dealers NOT to remove any paint.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi there! We would be more than willing to look into this further for you. As your advocate, we are here to help during these types of situations! Please send us a private message with your VIN for assistance.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I'm going through the same. If they don't agree to fix it this week I'm trading it for a GMC. I have 7000km and this thing is going to kill me
I appreciate @RamCares having a presence on this board, but don't get your hopes up. In my experience, you can get some parts expedited, but that's about it. In my situation, the dealer does what they want. I have had three different trips to the dealer and multiple emails and calls with a customer service rep from Ram just to get them to perform a TSB on my AC. It's a readily available TSB that says, " if the customer complains of this....do this(perform TSB). The dealer won't perform it and Ram Cares wouldn't even acknowledge or return my emails on the issue. I am honestly tired of taking my truck to the dealer and going through the nonsense.

Got a great trade in value from the Ford dealer this week. After 10 years of Rams, it may be time to try another brand. I know they all have their issues, but every Ram I've ever had has had multiple issues and then there is always dealer issues.

and I still have an underperforming AC.....

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I appreciate @RamCares having a presence on this board, but don't get your hopes up. In my experience, you can get some parts expedited, but that's about it. In my situation, the dealer does what they want. I have had three different trips to the dealer and multiple emails and calls with a customer service rep from Ram just to get them to perform a TSB on my AC. It's a readily available TSB that says, " if the customer complains of this....do this(perform TSB). The dealer won't perform it and Ram Cares wouldn't even acknowledge or return my emails on the issue. I am honestly tired of taking my truck to the dealer and going through the nonsense.

Got a great trade in value from the Ford dealer this week. After 10 years of Rams, it may be time to try another brand. I know they all have their issues, but every Ram I've ever had has had multiple issues and then there is always dealer issues.

and I still have an underperforming AC.....
Hi @OuachitaAdventure, we sincerely regret to hear about the frustration that has been associated to your experience. If you are still unsatisfied with the performance of your A/C after the completion of the TSB service, please let us know via PM. We would certainly like to address that further in order to determine a resolution.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread