Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Randyhut

Reaction score
Wayne,
Any chance you can get a picture of the bolt that was left out? I will compare it to my truck and see if MAYBE that is what is causing mine to run so crappy. FCA won't call me any longer. (BTW i have not been anything but nice to them so far when communicating with them). I just want my truck fixed - but i am getting to the point of becoming angry! Right now we are waiting on a part!

Randy

BigWorm

Reaction score
The problem for the 19"s seems to have to do with previous campaigns/recalls being done prior to the Y78 pump recall coming out. If the 19 truck hasn't had any of the recalls listed below done the Y78 can be performed, if any have been done then theY78 can't be done yet. My truck had the VB6 and W03 done so put on hold! I had posted a similar FCA document as below in an earlier post but had more information to it but stated the same thing.

View attachment 43593
This. I had recalls due but I didn't want to make numerous trips to dealership to have each one done while I waited for fuel pump parts to become available. That patience paid off as I was able to have my 19 fuel pump replaced because I hadn't had the other recalls done yet. Had all recalls done in around May and haven't had any issues since.

Wayne007

Reaction score
Wayne,
Any chance you can get a picture of the bolt that was left out? I will compare it to my truck and see if MAYBE that is what is causing mine to run so crappy. FCA won't call me any longer. (BTW i have not been anything but nice to them so far when communicating with them). I just want my truck fixed - but i am getting to the point of becoming angry! Right now we are waiting on a part!

Ra
I'm not sure what to look for so I couldn't get a picture. So I called the dealer and they said, when you do the recall, you have to replace the high pressure line and the bracket that holds it has to be moved. BUT the bolt that holds the bracket HAS to be put back in the original hole. I'm guessing you'd have to know where the bracket was originally. Hope that helps.
Wayne

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
yup, back in june or july...
After talking to FCA canada for 2 hrs going in circles they wont reimburse unless the pump blows and i have to replace it out of pocket but they are saying the aftermarket pumps wont be covered only if i put a CP4 back in….that was 3 different reps saying the same thing… they either have no clue or they are full blown stupid they were all basically reading from a script though

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
lol not surprised. when I started poking around on the overall process, I very quickly found out that none of the worker bees, even at mod management level, are not empowered from fca to do anything short of getting a cup of coffee and sending ambiguous emails. I went as far as sending screen grabs of folks that were approved with a similar situation as mine. I wont even get into dealer topics, but clueless is a favorable terrm for what they knew on the process.

it's shocking, honestly.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
lol not surprised. when I started poking around on the overall process, I very quickly found out that none of the worker bees, even at mod management level, are not empowered from fca to do anything short of getting a cup of coffee and sending ambiguous emails. I went as far as sending screen grabs of folks that were approved with a similar situation as mine. I wont even get into dealer topics, but clueless is a favorable terrm for what they knew on the process.

it's shocking, honestly.
I am trying to find my recall letter see if there is a # for reembursement then i can get more info

FrancisGagne

Reaction score
I got my 2020 done a month ago and it’s running great, had no issues at the dealer here in town even though I bought my truck like 400 km away at another dealer, my local dealer told me about the recall and ordered all the parts and scheduled it before I even got a letter in the mail argon Ram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red

Reaction score
I got my 2020 done a month ago and it’s running great, had no issues at the dealer here in town even though I bought my truck like 400 km away at another dealer, my local dealer told me about the recall and ordered all the parts and scheduled it before I even got a letter in the mail argon Ram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you have a rare dealer that has their head and a$$ in the right place.

blbrown

Reaction score
I think I read some previous posts about stutter and or error code P0299 Turbo Underboost after Y78 completed. Well my 2020 2500 started to stutter at slow speeds while excelerating between 20 to 30, or so, about two weeks after Y78 completed and yesterday I got the check engine with P0299.
I read on a post from somewhere, that P0299 can come from aftermarket air cleaners, well I thought since I just changed my old air cleaner and went with the cheap Fram I might as well go ahead and change it out with a new Mopar from the dealer "Ouch" Believe it or not I think the stutter is gone and no codes yet.
Going camping soon with the 5th wheel, and will update after the trip.

Randyhut

Reaction score
My EGR valve finally came in - back in shop to have it switched out today. We will see if this fixes my missing issue. So far they have replaced just about everything except the engine and it still misses sometimes.
All recalls done on my 2019 and in reverse order (meaning the y78 was last).

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I think I read some previous posts about stutter and or error code P0299 Turbo Underboost after Y78 completed. Well my 2020 2500 started to stutter at slow speeds while excelerating between 20 to 30, or so, about two weeks after Y78 completed and yesterday I got the check engine with P0299.
I read on a post from somewhere, that P0299 can come from aftermarket air cleaners, well I thought since I just changed my old air cleaner and went with the cheap Fram I might as well go ahead and change it out with a new Mopar from the dealer "Ouch" Believe it or not I think the stutter is gone and no codes yet.
@blbrown where did you finally find a place to get it in to get changed out? I haven't had much luck in the Tacoma area, just long wait lists.

Wileykid

Reaction score
I had the P0299 code last year on a trip, I had just put in a Fram filter, same as I had run before. Overnighted a new MOPAR filter, and that fixed it. This year, with a MOPAR filter, P0299 code on a trip. This time, it was the EGR valve that went out. Enjoyable driving home at 50 mph, and 35 on hills. No one would look at the truck for two weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Berettashoe

Reaction score
The problem for the 19"s seems to have to do with previous campaigns/recalls being done prior to the Y78 pump recall coming out. If the 19 truck hasn't had any of the recalls listed below done the Y78 can be performed, if any have been done then theY78 can't be done yet. My truck had the VB6 and W03 done so put on hold! I had posted a similar FCA document as below in an earlier post but had more information to it but stated the same thing.

View attachment 43593
I’d really like to know what the technical reason for the delay is…

Aketay

Reaction score
Called the service department to find out how far down the list I was for new pump. They said they had parts on the shelf, when could I bring it in? Showed up at 7:30 and had my truck fixed by 5:00. Couldn’t be happier with the outcome. With 339,000 miles it feels like a brand new truck.

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Called the service department to find out how far down the list I was for new pump. They said they had parts on the shelf, when could I bring it in? Showed up at 7:30 and had my truck fixed by 5:00. Couldn’t be happier with the outcome. With 339,000 miles it feels like a brand new truck.
WOW did you ever have an issue with the CP4? Just curious if you run additives considering most don't see that kind of mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread