Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

blbrown

Reaction score
@blbrown where did you finally find a place to get it in to get changed out? I haven't had much luck in the Tacoma area, just long wait lists.
At AutoNation in Bellevue, but I think only because the Service tech made a mistake in scheduling me without the tools available which didn't make much sense. I picked up after two days with nothing done. Got RamCares involved and sent email complaint to their Corporate HQ, which got them to complete the recall, their probably not to happy with me now.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Well i got my truck back today -new EGR valve and Mass Air Flow sensor and they did the PCM\ECM updates per TSB 18-101-22. I tried a couple of time to get it to miss, so far so GOOD! I will say it seems to run better as well. I read thru the TSB and with the exception of no MIL Light - several of the things in that TSB fit my truck. It missed occasionally, the DEF use was up since the Y78 recall, i had codes fro cyc3, 6 & multiple missfires (NO MIL LIGHT), all addressed by this tsb flashing.
I have a trip with the camper next week, if it doesn't miss before then, and i make that short trip without a miss, i will be a HAPPY CAMPER!

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Well i got my truck back today -new EGR valve and Mass Air Flow sensor and they did the PCM\ECM updates per TSB 18-101-22. I tried a couple of time to get it to miss, so far so GOOD! I will say it seems to run better as well. I read thru the TSB and with the exception of no MIL Light - several of the things in that TSB fit my truck. It missed occasionally, the DEF use was up since the Y78 recall, i had codes fro cyc3, 6 & multiple missfires (NO MIL LIGHT), all addressed by this tsb flashing.
I have a trip with the camper next week, if it doesn't miss before then, and i make that short trip without a miss, i will be a HAPPY CAMPER!

That's great news Randy. Hopefully this will take care of the issue and you can enjoy your truck. Happy Camping!

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Got a message from my wife, she's saying dealer called her and booked an appointment for a recall on Monday, Sep 19th.
I called and talked to them and they said it's Y78, W03, Z08 and VB6. Yay!

I wonder though if W03 is applicable to my HO truck?? I thought it was for 68RFE transmissions only??

Aketay

Reaction score
WOW did you ever have an issue with the CP4? Just curious if you run additives considering most don't see that kind of mileage.
Just taking a little longer to start and getting louder with time. Never run additives, just load it up and drive the piss out of it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just taking a little longer to start and getting louder with time. Never run additives, just load it up and drive the piss out of it.
Did you get the CP4 Buzzing? Mine has gotten louder over the last 6 months it will occasionally buzz so i just keep driving it hard perhaps i will get a CP3.3 Early lol

Aketay

Reaction score
Every time my truck has gotten louder I just turn the stereo up since I have more power than the factory gave me running thru better speakers. I’m getting older and that is what I blame my hearing loss on. I’ve already forgotten how loud the truck had gotten since it as quiet as it was new.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Recalls are done!
Wife dropped off the truck at the dealer @ 9AM and picked it up at 3PM.
Done Y78, VB6 and Z08. I'm surprised they were so quick to do it considering some guys are without their truck for a few days while Y78 is being done, and my truck has dual alternators too.
Wife reported that the truck feels lighter and quieter now.
Will continue using it and monitoring it but so far all seems good.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mine is scheduled for Sept 28 we will see if it gets done this time

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Fingers crossed!
Did you find another dealer? You mentioned your dealer refused to do the recall due to your truck being deleted?
Yea the 3rd local dealer got a diesel tech so i can finally go back to them as they are mod friendly. They are the smallest dealer around (3 bays) so most people over look them so its quick to get in for service. If they had parts it would be going in this week

72guy

Reaction score
Many of you have 2019 trucks and are getting the new pumps. It was previously posted that the 2019 pumps wouldn’t be available until 2023. So what gives? Is it luck of the draw that some owners have dealers that are easy to work with or some other issues that require your trucks to be fixed early? I point this out to my dealer and they keep saying they’ll let me know when the fix ( pumps ) become available for the 2019’s.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Glad to hear peeps are getting their recalls done. Took My 2020 to the dealer in July 2022 to have the VIN checked for Y78. Have not heard a peep since. I wonder if my pump can be used on another truck? Most of the people here have had fairly quick turnarounds. VIN check, 1 month later Y78 done. Was told RAM cares could tell me where the process was. Contacted them and they asked for the dealer name. ( That was the clue that they didn't know. ) Wrote back said pump had been ordered..... Looked into buying a new truck but stock, hardly any and prices are ridiculously high....Waiting game I suppose.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Many of you have 2019 trucks and are getting the new pumps. It was previously posted that the 2019 pumps wouldn’t be available until 2023. So what gives? Is it luck of the draw that some owners have dealers that are easy to work with or some other issues that require your trucks to be fixed early? I point this out to my dealer and they keep saying they’ll let me know when the fix ( pumps ) become available for the 2019’s.
You must have bought yours at the same dealer as mine in Avondale,Arizona......2 months after VIN check, asked once said we will call you. Called and left message 2 weeks ago, no return call. I guess I'm on the list...LOL

Randyhut

Reaction score
My truck was running poorly after the transmission recall and something had to done, so after several trips in and out of the dealership they did the Y78, still ran bad. They seem to have fixed it this time.
My understanding is that if you have an HO model they will do it or you haven't had any of the previous recalls done they might do it. Seems there is still some kind of software issue they haven't nailed down?

72guy

Reaction score
My truck was running poorly after the transmission recall and something had to done, so after several trips in and out of the dealership they did the Y78, still ran bad. They seem to have fixed it this time.
My understanding is that if you have an HO model they will do it or you haven't had any of the previous recalls done they might do it. Seems there is still some kind of software issue they haven't nailed down?
Thanks, Randy. That gives me some hope that I may someday get my truck fixed. Which, by the way, is a HO with the previous recalls already done and I’m not having any issues. I need to change my signature to reflect my truck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the HO or SO

steve49

Reaction score
Everything I've seen (TSB's etc.) from FCA, especially the last thing I posted on page 45 about previous recalls, makes me think it's a software issue with the previous recalls. Anyway, not losing any sleep over it, and will get it done whenever the fix comes out after the first of the year.....truck runs fine otherwise!

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Nothing to do with HO as mentioned.
I was able to have mine done because I refused to do any previous recalls (don't fix it if it ain't broken philosophy). VB6 is the one of the recalls that was outstanding that's why I was able to get in now with my 2019

Users who are viewing this thread