Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Wayne007

Reaction score
Mine went back in again on Thursday and they're also looking at the EGR valve. They gave me a loaner so I'm guessing it's gonna be awhile. One of the salesmen offered me 3K over what I paid but then what do I get. All the brands have issues.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Mine starts it's 4th week there this morning, they really don't seem to care!

Randyhut

Reaction score
How can they hold on to it for that long? I would have gotten a lawyer after the second week.
What state are you in? My state it seems that is more difficult than it should be, I checked with a good one already.

Xflight29

Reaction score
What state are you in? My state it seems that is more difficult than it should be, I checked with a good

What state are you in? My state it seems that is more difficult than it should be, I checked with a good one already.
There is no reason whatsoever it should take a dealer this long on any type of failure. sorry to hear you have to be dealing with such nonsense.

Reaction score
Hey all, just an update.

My 2020 2500 has been running good all summer for me. However, I am still on the wait list to get the HPFP recall done. Going on 3 months waiting. (Red Deer, Alberta region)

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Last edited:

Randyhut

Reaction score
Xflight
Thanks, have you read my issues from previous posts? What makes it troublesome is no CEL and it runs great when in the service bay, then misses like crap sometimes on the road. This was the first codes, with no CEL.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Hey all, just an update.

My 2020 2500 has been running good all summer for me. However, I am still on the wait list to get the HPFP recall done. Going on 3 months waiting. (Red Deer, Alberta region)

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Soo ……they don’t have any in the wear house there? I’m shocked! I haven’t even talked to my dealer in Barrhead about it for many months. It never rains to give me a break from farming to get anything else done.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Well they took the EGR Valve that was supposed to be in a week and a half or so, back to a "Unknown Date" for delivery to my dealer.

Steevo

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 3500 is now in the dealerships service dept. for the HPFP Recall pump replacement. Went in yesterday morning and they still have it as of tonight. It took almost exactly 3 months from the "Fuel System Inspection" appointment (May 31, 2022) to them getting my pump kit and scheduling me in for the work. Fingers crossed I'll get it back tomorrow, all done and ready to roll. Will be nice not to have to add fuel lube additive every fill-up as insurance against an exploding HPFP.
Update: 8/31/22 - Crickets . . . No word from dealership. They have had truck 3 full days now for a scheduled fuel pump replacement. Hauled lumber in my wife's Subaru Outback today . . .

Last edited:

steve49

Reaction score
I pm'd RamCares to check the status of the 2019 pump fix that is supposed to come out in September, and got a response back today.

Today at 12:51 PM
Hi steve49,
Unfortunately, the fix for 2019 models has been pushed back to early 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As for the part kit, we'd recommend discussing with your dealer on the specifics for this situation as they're in the best position to address this inquiry.

Sarah
Ram Cares

It definitely is frustrating and Ram owners aren't the only ones effected, Ford, GM, Chevy are being affected with recalls and parts shortages! A couple of friends with Chevy dually's have had their truck in the shop for one thing or another, with the one currently being over thirty days waiting on parts.

RTillery

Reaction score
That is weird, the delay on the 2019s? I got mine in late July and they had it back to me the next day. About a thousand miles on it so far and no issues. Seems to be running fine and definitely idles a little quieter. Mileage and power seem about the same. It was about due for a regen when I took it in, and it did so shortly after picking it up. The DPF gauge seems to move around more, up and down, but I haven't seen a regen since that first one.
I pm'd RamCares to check the status of the 2019 pump fix that is supposed to come out in September, and got a response back today.

Hi steve49,
Unfortunately, the fix for 2019 models has been pushed back to early 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As for the part kit, we'd recommend discussing with your dealer on the specifics for this situation as they're in the best position to address this inquiry.

Sarah
Ram Cares

It definitely is frustrating and Ram owners aren't the only ones effected, Ford, GM, Chevy are being affected with recalls and parts shortages! A couple of friends with Chevy dually's have had their truck in the shop for one thing or another, with the one currently being over thirty days waiting on parts.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Hi steve49,

Sarah
Ram Cares

Well thats upsetting…

steve49

Reaction score
The problem for the 19"s seems to have to do with previous campaigns/recalls being done prior to the Y78 pump recall coming out. If the 19 truck hasn't had any of the recalls listed below done the Y78 can be performed, if any have been done then theY78 can't be done yet. My truck had the VB6 and W03 done so put on hold! I had posted a similar FCA document as below in an earlier post but had more information to it but stated the same thing.

1658378817349.jpg

Last edited:

Wayne007

Reaction score
Well I got mine back today (1 week) and the problem with the "low boost pressure" code was a technician error with the initial pump install. The guy that did it wasn't their lead diesel mechanic and it was the dealerships first pump recall. Consequently he left a bolt out and forgot to tighten another resulting in a vacuum leak under high demand. Unfortunately the problem wasn't noticeable on prior trips to the dealership. What can you say as we all make mistakes. Hopefully my problem is fixed.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well I got mine back today (1 week) and the problem with the "low boost pressure" code was a technician error with the initial pump install. The guy that did it wasn't their lead diesel mechanic and it was the dealerships first pump recall. Consequently he left a bolt out and forgot to tighten another resulting in a vacuum leak under high demand. Unfortunately the problem wasn't noticeable on prior trips to the dealership. What can you say as we all make mistakes. Hopefully my problem is fixed.
Man thats frustrating how he left a bolt out he would have had it sitting out there somewhere…. Not tightening a bolt i can understand but having an extra bolt after is no bueno

Wayne007

Reaction score
Man thats frustrating how he left a bolt out he would have had it sitting out there somewhere…. Not tightening a bolt i can understand but having an extra bolt after is no bueno
I guess the left out bolt was due to a bracket that mounts in a different location so when he moved the bracket, he should have plugged the old hole.

Users who are viewing this thread