Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Randyhut

Reaction score
I meant before they program the cp3 to roll the W03 backwards the do the Y78 then the W03, provided they are different. I know that once they brick it , it needs replaced

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I meant before they program the cp3 to roll the W03 backwards the do the Y78 then the W03, provided they are different. I know that once they brick it , it needs replaced
No they wont, and how did you manage to get your 19 squeaked in

Randyhut

Reaction score
My truck was driven by the tech and it missed for him, he worked on it for a week and could not find the issue. That was in April, it keeps getting worse, so it is in the shop, as I have said, we will see. I was told last week that the parts are all in and they would be starting on it on Friday (last Friday), haven't been updated, so we will see.
If it hadn't been for the truck acting up for the tech, i doubt they would even be working on it because it throws NO codes, just runs like crap for a couple of minutes at a time (real bad) then runs like normal for a period of time, maybe 10 mins or 3 days.
It has been a real bad experience that started soon after the W03 was performed

Last edited:

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Did this get resolved? Have been hearing about PCM flash failures after install. My parts are in but without better reassurance can’t afford to have my truck parked on dealer lot next to the last truck they did, its been there since 1 Jun waiting on a new PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am getting the new PCM tomorrow. It has been sitting dead at the dealership for 3 weeks. My dealership gave me the Ram number to get a claim opened immediately and they found one in a week but have been waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive!

Horse hauler

Reaction score
I am getting the new PCM tomorrow. It has been sitting dead at the dealership for 3 weeks. My dealership gave me the Ram number to get a claim opened immediately and they found one in a week but have been waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive!
So I just emailed Ram and they said they never told me 6/29 for the part and would not guarantee it will be there tomorrow. Dealers computer shows 6/29 for part delivery from the service manager as it has since 6/20............ 3 weeks without my truck and Customer Care is acting like I am asking for a lot for a Tracking Number?? I am getting really frustrated.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Just talked with the dealer, said he had a mix up last week and NOT all the parts came in, came in today. He is trying to determine when he can get my truck into the shop to fix it now. Only has one diesel tech with too much work. Dealer said he has added a helper to the tech so that they can get more work out.

We will see

Horse Hauler,
Me too! This is the second time mine has been in the shop for repair - 1st time spent 10 days and they couldn't figure it out (April) now it been two weeks and i am still waiting as well!

MEGA HO

Reaction score
This is frustrating, that's why I never took my truck in for anything other that oil changes which were included with my extended warranty, no recalls, no nothing. And it played out nicely, sounds like I could get my '19 in for a new pump. Will be home in about one week and we shall see if dealers near me with play it nice or will pretend to be dumb.

Randyhut

Reaction score
I think they were doing the HO 19's and 20's. Some rumor that they are slowing down?

Nick

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd post this here.

Took my 2020 2500 into the dealer to have recalls looked into. They did the software update recall and the inspection portion of the HPFP recall. No parts for the 2020 models they tell me, but the 2019 parts are more readily available. I don't have issues with my truck but they did the inspection and ordered the parts. As to when it goes in for repair is anyones guess. Truck manufacture date of Nov. 2020 if that matters.
That's strange . Every thing I have read said parts for 20's not 19's Better go back and have a talk with them they have it backwards . You can call Ram to confirm that . they will contact your dealer .

Horse hauler

Reaction score
I called my dealership this morning as the PCM was supposed to arrive today......they told me Ram had changed the date to 7/1. Not the end of the world but I have a trip planned for late next week and I have already had to postpone 2 already from the truck being down. My dealership is being great about it and I am trying to be very civil about the whole ordeal. My 03 HO 3500 was only ever out of service for 2 days maximum in the 18 years I owned it, this one has had 4 recalls and 5 trips to the dealership an hour from my house are getting old at $6.00/ gallon here in NY. Now add to the fact this will be week 4 without it!

72guy

Reaction score
That's strange . Every thing I have read said parts for 20's not 19's Better go back and have a talk with them they have it backwards . You can call Ram to confirm that . they will contact your dealer .
I think he’s Canadian. They got pumps for the 2019 trucks.

72guy

Reaction score
“ Nope we dont “

So your post on 5/18 saying you were scheduled for the pump installation on 5/30 ended up getting cancelled? And the latest from @RamCares about a September delivery date for the 2019’s is the most current update? Sorry to Nick for the bad info.

Last edited:

RamWAM

Reaction score
I called the local dealer a while back and asked to be put on the list. I asked if I would need to come in for the check/verification but she took my VIN and called back and said I wouldn't need to and parts would be ordered when they could (got in line). It's been a month and a half or so and today they called to tell me the parts are in. They scheduled me for July 12 at 7:30am, said they would need it for 2 days. Y78 recall and also a software update/recall. Getting 22 mpg today.

Nick

Reaction score
I called the local dealer a while back and asked to be put on the list. I asked if I would need to come in for the check/verification but she took my VIN and called back and said I wouldn't need to and parts would be ordered when they could (got in line). It's been a month and a half or so and today they called to tell me the parts are in. They scheduled me for July 12 at 7:30am, said they would need it for 2 days. Y78 recall and also a software update/recall. Getting 22 mpg today.
Based on my experience the new pump will have no effect on FM.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
“ Nope we dont “

So your post on 5/18 saying you were scheduled for the pump installation on 5/30 ended up getting cancelled? And the latest from @RamCares about a September delivery date for the 2019’s is the most current update? Sorry to Nick for the bad info.
Yep i dropped my truck off the day before and got a call the next morning that they could not do it because its a 19

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Please keep the CP4 rants limited to one of the other threads.

This one is a good candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread