Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Hi Horse hauler,
Sorry to hear about this! Do you have a case opened with our Customer Care team? Feel free to send us a PM with your case number or VIN. We'd be happy to look into your concerns further.

Sarah
Ram Cares
Sarah yes I have had a case opened since June 10th. They found the part within a week but I have been waiting for shipment ever since.

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Hi Horse hauler,
Sorry to hear about this! Do you have a case opened with our Customer Care team? Feel free to send us a PM with your case number or VIN. We'd be happy to look into your concerns further.

Sarah
Ram Cares
I just sent you a PM with the case number.

Thank you,

lightningwill

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else is having regen problems after the (Y78) CP4 recall. I got the recall done on my 2020 ram 2500 and have put only 445 miles on it since then and as of last night it has went into regen mode 5 times now. I stopped by the dealership when it when it went into regen for the 4th time and they said that was not listed as a symptom for the recall. I called the number from the ram trucks website today and they were no help either. Before the recall I think the truck only went into regen every 1000-2000 miles.

Last edited:

Randyhut

Reaction score
They called at about 4:30 and said my truck was DONE! Replaced HPFP, Tank, Injectors, 2 filters, fuel rails, & fuel inj. module kit. My truck was having issues with missing. I hope this fixes that issue. Seems to be running smoother than it has in a while. SO far SO Good!

b1lanc

Reaction score
I had a very slight rough idle and my commuting mpg dropped a bit on the daily route. But I had a very rough vibration under heavy load, i.e. interstate on ramp acceleration with 5th wheel attached. Wasn't sure if that was engine related however. Hope to hear tomorrow and get it back Friday. Service Manger has been very accommodating in getting it in.

Horse hauler

Reaction score
They called at about 4:30 and said my truck was DONE! Replaced HPFP, Tank, Injectors, 2 filters, fuel rails, & fuel inj. module kit. My truck was having issues with missing. I hope this fixes that issue. Seems to be running smoother than it has in a while. SO far SO Good!
Glad you finally got your truck back.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else is having regen problems after the (Y78) CP4 recall. I got the recall done on my 2020 ram 2500 and have put only 445 miles on it since then and as of last night it has went into regen mode 5 times now. I stopped by the dealership when it when it went into regen for the 4th time and they said that was not listed as a symptom for the recall. I called the number from the ram trucks website today and they were no help either. Before the recall I think the truck only went into every 1000-2000 miles.

No issues. Mine was actually overdue (my imagination) for a regen when it went in. After I got it back, hooked the trailers to it and it did the regen it needed within 10 miles. Only put on 500 miles but hasn't moved off zero or done a regen yet.

Randyhut

Reaction score
Hope they get you a PCM as well!
Horse,
I had a conversation on June 3 with FCA about my truck being fixed. I was ASSURED that parts would not be problem. I wanted them to have the parts at the dealer before i took my truck in, so it would not have to sit for the second time at the dealer WAITING on parts. It isn't that they don't know what parts to have there. Then it sits for 10 days or so waiting on parts (tank), then a week waiting to be fixed because they are now behind.
Frustrating!
Randy

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Horse,
I had a conversation on June 3 with FCA about my truck being fixed. I was ASSURED that parts would not be problem. I wanted them to have the parts at the dealer before i took my truck in, so it would not have to sit for the second time at the dealer WAITING on parts. It isn't that they don't know what parts to have there. Then it sits for 10 days or so waiting on parts (tank), then a week waiting to be fixed because they are now behind.
Frustrating!
Randy
So I just was updated by the dealership that the computer now shows 7/11 for the PCM but they have changed that 6 times now so I don't have much faith in that date either. I have a trip to Maine for Vacation pulling a big 5th wheel in August so they better have it back soon or I will be livid!

Randyhut

Reaction score
So I just was updated by the dealership that the computer now shows 7/11 for the PCM but they have changed that 6 times now so I don't have much faith in that date either. I have a trip to Maine for Vacation pulling a big 5th wheel in August so they better have it back soon or I will be livid!
Horse,
There is a truck at my dealer that has been waiting on a pcm for a couple of months. Get yourself a rental truck set up asap. I would like to think that FCA would be happy to pay for it if they can't get one.
Randy

Horse hauler

Reaction score
Horse,
There is a truck at my dealer that has been waiting on a pcm for a couple of months. Get yourself a rental truck set up asap. I would like to think that FCA would be happy to pay for it if they can't get one.
Randy
I'm actually headed to the dealership now to pick up a 1 ton dually for me to use to haul my trailer to Pennsylvania this weekend. I really can't complain about the dealer they're trying the best they can.

Randyhut

Reaction score
I'm actually headed to the dealership now to pick up a 1 ton dually for me to use to haul my trailer to Pennsylvania this weekend. I really can't complain about the dealer they're trying the best they can.
I agree, This falls 97% on FCA! i calculated rough numbers that indicate that it would take 750 people a year to perform the amount of Recall work needed at 5 hrs for a simple HPFP replacement and 10 hrs for trucks like mine if you figure 80% of them simple and 20% of them as major, If that is all they did.
My only complaints about my dealer was lack of communication, and they didn't ask me anything about my filters the first time it was in the shop (they were at 1% on the computer) and then this time they had the valve cover off (29k) and they put my old crankcase filter back in without asking me if i wanted it changed early. Once i got to the owner i felt like he was at least being honest with me, not always what i wanted to hear, but at least he was being honest.

b1lanc

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Service Manger that has my truck now related some of the problems they are having with HPFP replacements. They are prioritizing ambulances and have had a near disaster with one nearly falling off the lift. The ambulances have the techs cussing due to the difficulty in replacing the HPFP to the point that they actually look forward to a pick-up. They are a small dealer that wins customer service rewards and rightly so but this recall has stressed them.

They've had my truck a full day and have not heard back but I believe they have been up front and providing the best service they can subject to the restrictions FCA puts on them. I will wait for a call from them since they gave me a truck to drive - thought it won't pull my 5th wheel. I'm more interested in them getting it right.

crawlex

Reaction score
I just got home from retrieving my 2019 after the Y78 recall. I noticed a lot more power and better fuel economy now!

Kidding…

Well gents, it has been an adventure. After a couple years of having cp4 drama occupy my brain I am excited to cast this experience into my distant memories.

All of the big three have used the CP4, and Ram is the only one that recalled it. You did the right thing, FCA. Thank you.

I also want to thank hdrams.com, this website made it possible to stay up to date on the cp4 related news and that directly contributed to me being one of the first to have the recall performed. Thank you!

For the record, the truck has been tip top since I purchased it. Never gave me any problems.

With that said..

I am never going to post on a cp4 related thread ever again. Because I don’t have one anymore.

Best of luck gents. Now ima go tow something.

I’ll attach a pic for y’all. Ain’t she a beaut?

Attachments

• 68FB15CC-FA79-45F6-80DD-61687EAF6DC8.jpeg
    68FB15CC-FA79-45F6-80DD-61687EAF6DC8.jpeg
    468.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
Lucky 2019 owner right there ^^^

flan

Reaction score
Mine was done yesterday! And I am sure not the first 2019
Yea if you didn’t get the previous recalls done then you’re eligible for the fuel pump recall.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yea if you didn’t get the previous recalls done then you’re eligible for the fuel pump recall.
Funny enough it says my truck has had all the recalls on the mopar site but i know it has not im gonna ask the dealer about that

Users who are viewing this thread