Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

b1lanc

Reaction score
Last edited:

OuterUB

Reaction score
So .... don't mean to be thick but all 2022 2500 Cummins RAM's are being built with the CP3 ?

UglyViking

Reaction score
Maybe not good news for all. Just checked my engine number (March 2020 3500 build) and I don't think mine is on the list but I've got the older gen CP4.2. Below posted on another forum.

And my HO is P53041230BA. Doesn't seem to make the cut.....
I wouldn't be overly concerned at this point. I'm sure your truck is part of the recall, especially considering you have the first version CP4.

So .... don't mean to be thick but all 2022 2500 Cummins RAM's are being built with the CP3 ?
Every cummins from 2021 and up have the CP3. You may see it listed as a CP-ISB21, but it's functionally a CP3 and the name change is likely only there to avoid potential litigation.

OuterUB

Reaction score
I wouldn't be overly concerned at this point. I'm sure your truck is part of the recall, especially considering you have the first version CP4.

Every cummins from 2021 and up have the CP3. You may see it listed as a CP-ISB21, but it's functionally a CP3 and the name change is likely only there to avoid potential litigation.
Much obliged sir. :cool:

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Maybe not good news for all. Just checked my engine number (March 2020 3500 build) and I don't think mine is on the list but I've got the older gen CP4.2. Below posted on another forum.

And my HO is P53041230BA. Doesn't seem to make the cut.....
If you're too worked, go to ram site where you punch in your VIN and it shows if you have any outstanding recalls.
I have this option on my fueling app and it showed me a notification this morning that there's a new recall for my truck, the high pressure pump that we are here talking about.
If your is part of a recall, you can find it out with your vin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Bocephus

Reaction score
I went to mopar site and recall was not on there nor was it on my ram app. Think it’s too early for ram
Mine was built end of august 2019

UglyViking

Reaction score
If you're too worked, go to ram site where you punch in your VIN and it shows if you have any outstanding recalls.
I have this option on my fueling app and it showed me a notification this morning that there's a new recall for my truck, the high pressure pump that we are here talking about.
If your is part of a recall, you can find it out with your vin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
I think their system may have bugged a bit and triggered early. They shouldn't have announced anything till Jan 2022. When I went to NHTSA I see no recalls, the Mopar.com site tells me I may have a recall, but clicking the link shows nothing.

I'm not getting worked up till Feb.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I went to talk with my dealer this morning and they have no info yet as well.....

"The remedy for this condition is not currently available.
Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established
communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 1st Quarter of 2022."

Looks like they won't know anything until after the new year. And given the state of things I bet that gets pushed out.

MikeXM

Reaction score
So, is it recall Y87 or Y78? PDFs shared here have different numbers...

Last edited:

MikeXM

Reaction score
Yeah, and the Service Writer said that parts will likely just be back-ordered for a great amount of time.

You bet. How long has it been since the wheel studs recall? 6 months? Dealer still hasn't received them. And they are just damn studs. Pumps are on a different level.

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
You bet. How long has it been since the wheel studs recall? 6 months? Dealer still hasn't received them. And they are just damn studs. Pumps are on a different level.
No kidding! When I talked to them about that several months ago, the Tech stated they have not been provided with any kind of tool to measure the studs to see if they had been over-torqued and stretched. (not sure if that's BS or not)
The best we can do is keep an eye on the CP4 recall and get our trucks scheduled in ASAP once it is finalized.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I checked my VIN earlier and nothing is listed. But I expected that. It did say there may be a recall but it always says that when I check....... then just sadness

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
441f1862a4e1fbce864c4a2892a1a08c.jpg

Sent from my work avoidance device

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread