Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Curious about the ECO Diesels. Haven't they had a similar CP4 problem but to a lesser extent?

KBob

Reaction score
Been following along, and I won't miss my asymmetrical CP-4 when it's gone. Really love my 2020 Tradesmen, runs so well, and fits my needs perfectly. Only 12K on the clock, but have a 2000 mile vacation planned for middle of May. I'm guessing I'll have to cross my fingers one more time before it gets changed. Truck has been Flawless, save the squeaky belt, and has never been back to the dealer for anything in 18 months. Good on RAM for fixing this!

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Curious about the ECO Diesels. Haven't they had a similar CP4 problem but to a lesser extent?
I had a 2014 eco and 2016 eco. Drove both to 100,000 miles. Never knew they had the CP4 until I got my 2020 3500. Never put any additives in, either. Just drove them and never worried about a thing.

BAT3500

Reaction score
I had a 2014 eco and 2016 eco. Drove both to 100,000 miles. Never knew they had the CP4 until I got my 2020 3500. Never put any additives in, either. Just drove them and never worried about a thing.
My 16 eco cp4 exploded at about 25k miles or so, have a friend still driving a 15 eco with over 100k on it i think and no issues from the cp4 yet. So the problem does exist, some just get lucky.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have conducted my own investigation. The result is a removal of the CP4.2 by way of GIVEMETHEVIN.com

Paid $60,600 Sept. 2020. Sold for $62,000. CP4 conversion offer I couldn't refuse. Stellantis conversion failed.

My first dive into something modern other than GM over the past decades. Was really impressed with the RAM interior, the exterior paint quality, and overall build. Very unimpressed with FCA/Stellantis transparency. NHTSA manufacture communications on my model came to a halt around May . If you see what other MFGs provide it's staggering in comparison. The CP4.2 debacle has lost a customer. Sure, I'll get the Hellzsniper laugh react, the off-topic brow beating for this post from Brutal....etc....but it really is too bad. I'm the one they come after in all the commercials and marketing. I buy new vehicles far too regularly and convince many others in person and through web content (how bout that Messages/Reaction Score eh? lol) and am fiercely brand loyal.

Here's hoping your CP4.2 issues get resolved. Y'all really do deserve some closure after how much you've spent on these rigs.

Cheers.
Does he regret selling it now? Lol

Burton12387

Reaction score
Recall already showed up in my app.
5713698a569a00081fae6d91844a601a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne007

Reaction score
Mine is an early 2020 build and it shows the recall also. Soooo glad I didn't jump the gun and trade it. I really like my Tradesman!

Wayne007

Reaction score
There's also a spot on the Mopar site where you can sign up to be notified when the parts are available at the dealer of your choice.

Burton12387

Reaction score
I won’t be 100% relieved till there’s verification it’s not just another revision of the cp4. With my luck we’ll be on to the cp4.3 or something.

diablo82

Reaction score
Maybe not good news for all. Just checked my engine number (March 2020 3500 build) and I don't think mine is on the list but I've got the older gen CP4.2. Below posted on another forum.

And my HO is P53041230BA. Doesn't seem to make the cut.....

I won’t be 100% relieved till there’s verification it’s not just another revision of the cp4. With my luck we’ll be on to the cp4.3 or something.

Why would they pour extra $$$ to engineering another solution when there's already one that they are using on the 21+ truck?

UglyViking

Reaction score

Remember, they had to work with the NHTSA on this, so there was a parent at the table approving these choices. This wasn't Ram just making a call, the federal gov got involved here so it's not going to be like that.

Burton12387

Reaction score
Remember, they had to work with the NHTSA on this, so there was a parent at the table approving these choices. This wasn't Ram just making a call, the federal gov got involved here so it's not going to be like that.

“The federal government” hahahahahahaha

That hit me good this morning, I needed that.

Sorry for the derail. Lol, I hope you guys are right, you probably are. Was just stating I’ll be relieved to find out the replacement pump and procedure.

[mention]RamCares [/mention] now that the recall is public, any way you could let us know what pump will be going in as part of the recall?

Last edited:

diablo82

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with your logic. But it’s 2021, no one does anything that makes any sense.

I mean I also see your point over there since those new 21+ pump is not a direct bolt-on to 19-20 truck. I just think that re-engineering an adapter simply a cheaper solution.

Last edited:

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
just checked and my 2020 with a 11/20 build date now shows the recall on the mopar site. i have the newest version of the cp4.2 symmetrical. glad to see it was included but also skeptical about what the fix is. i find it interesting the verbage used on different sources for the recall. my recall page says "replace the HPFP, update the Powertrain Control Module ("PCM") software, and inspect and, if necessary, replace additional fuel system components." while others have listed buyback of the entire engine. i just hope it is not another version of the cp4. i have to imagine if companies like s&s can build a bolt on cp3 kit mopar should be able to come up with something similar that gets their stamp of approval. on the other hand i wouldnt be opposed to them swapping my entire engine to a 21-22 engine with the newer fuel system, it just seems highly unlikely they would go to that expense over some sort of adapted hpfp replacement.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Would be nice if we get a higher torque engine if they swap it and update a PCM. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread