Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

Myfast70

Reaction score
Well, the OP seemed to give the Ol Ram some good ol flogging when all the problems started...could be coincidence. The truck went 2000 miles no issues.

If you know anything about travel trailers or 5th wheels and the transporting of them - you would NOT be surprised that on occasion they are damaged. If you were ever to be inside one going down the freeway you would probably think the entire thing was going to fall apart. This is why transporters have insurance and manufactures have warranties. It happens and its a drag- I get it - or maybe its karma??
Dude, you've been a dickhead since your first post in this thread and have offered no constructive help. Why don't you go pack a fat bowl and chill Mr Sstoner!

beckty85, do you have a pedal commander by chance? I have a buddy that had one on his Ecoboost F150 and had similar issues and was traced to his pedal commander. He pulled it off and all was happy again.

Last edited:

beckty85

Reaction score
Dude, you've been a dickhead since your first post in this there and have offered no constructive help. Why don't you go pack a fat bowl and chill Mr Sstoner!

beckty85, do you have a pedal commander by chance? I have a buddy that had one on his Ecoboost F150 and had similar issues and was traced to his pedal commander. He pulled it off and all was happy again.
No pedal commander. Everything is stock.

beckty85

Reaction score
When I say flogging, I was just getting into it a little more than a normal drive. Kinda seeing what she had for power and how that and the shifting changed with tow haul on and full vs auto exhaust break. I wasn’t doing hot passes down a drag strip.

J-J

Reaction score
When I say flogging, I was just getting into it a little more than a normal drive. Kinda seeing what she had for power and how that and the shifting changed with tow haul on and full vs auto exhaust break. I wasn’t doing hot passes down a drag strip.
This is when I need a teleportation platform so I can come check everything my mind runs down with a list of codes like you have. Don't pay attention to the unhelpful keep posting as maybe we will narrow it down.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

sstoner911

Reaction score
I would let the dealer fix it and get you back on the road. Shouldn't be any real back order on parts for these CEL... You won't know I guess til you have it diagnosed.

My gut feeling it's probably nothing to serious and may not require parts.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Dude, you've been a dickhead since your first post in this thread and have offered no constructive help. Why don't you go pack a fat bowl and chill Mr Sstoner!

The Feds frown on me smoking weed ...

Maybe in 10 years.

I have offered advice you just can't see it

beckty85

Reaction score
That would have been the first thing I checked.

Just kidding. Hope it works out and the truck is back up and running for you!
I checked the egr itself. Didn’t check the flow control valve. It’s on the opposite side of the motor. These new diesels are complicated creatures. Had a gen 2 and gen 3 5.9, then a ‘05 Duramax.

beckty85

Reaction score
Parts didn't show up. Someone beat them to it. It is now backordered with and estimated time frame of 1/19/22. The worst part is because its warranty they say they "have" to get direct from chrysler. I can order the same part from ebay or a half dozen mopar parts sites and have it by the end of the year. Part #68253198AA. But if I take them a part they can't guarantee parts or labor they say. Reached out to Aaron at MD to see if he has any way to get one sooner.

Riddick

Reaction score
What a bummer, that's along time to be without your vehicle. I'm guessing since you did not purchase the truck through the dealer repairing it you will not get a loaner? Hang in there and hopefully once they get the parts this takes care of your issues.

beckty85

Reaction score
What a bummer, that's along time to be without your vehicle. I'm guessing since you did not purchase the truck through the dealer repairing it you will not get a loaner? Hang in there and hopefully once they get the parts this takes care of your issues.
They are out of dealer loaners but are working on getting me one from enterprise. Likely won’t be a truck.

What’s stupid is if Chrysler can’t supply the parts fast enough they should be buying them back from the mopar stores that have them or reimburse the dealer for getting them wherever they can. I mean as long as they are oem it shouldn’t matter.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Weird. That part number looks like the "throttle body" they started installing on these.

Sorry youre going through this... they are such awesome trucks when they work properly!

beckty85

Reaction score
Yeah, yesterday they said “ egr flow control valve” but gave me that part number today. If I was 100% confident in their assessment I would just order it myself and have it by the 31st.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Will they let you have the truck back? If so buy an ebay one, OEM of course, install it until the dealer says the part is in and then swap the old one back on before you take it back to them. Once it's fixed you can just resell the used one to recoup the money or keep it on the shelf "in case"

sstoner911

Reaction score
I had to take my truck is for a less serious issue..leaking shock at 1700 miles....but I had to leave the truck over night because the dealership told me parts for the 2022s are slim right now. There was a slight change in the bolt size for the rear Shocks Iam told ..

So if you have a 2022 you dont want any part failures if it's different from previous years.

beckty85

Reaction score
Will they let you have the truck back? If so buy an ebay one, OEM of course, install it until the dealer says the part is in and then swap the old one back on before you take it back to them. Once it's fixed you can just resell the used one to recoup the money or keep it on the shelf "in case"
They will let me have it. Im
Considering exactly what you said. Or ordering the throttle valve delete and just running with the CEL on.

Aaron at MD just emailed me back and he’s on it and reached out to his service and parts guys.

Users who are viewing this thread