Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with a manufacture buy back? How does it work with other money you have invested into the truck that you can't remove? Like say a ceramic coating and PPF? Do they do anything for you on that?
I would assume they’ll say no payment on the add-on items :/

Sucks though. Hopefully they throw a PCM on and that fixes everything, like a bad solder on it is causing random issues.

rockman88

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with a manufacture buy back? How does it work with other money you have invested into the truck that you can't remove? Like say a ceramic coating and PPF? Do they do anything for you on that?

I’m sorry pardner. After all this waiting too. If you can stomach it, I would state let the dealer try. I can say mines gotten better with break in (1,600 miles now), fuse set and updates. All I have left is an ANC issue. I can live with that as it only lasts about the first 15-30 minutes or so after driving a cold truck. Maybe this can work out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
What ever happened here? Get your truck fixed or bough a Chevy?

beckty85

Reaction score
What ever happened here? Get your truck fixed or bough a Chevy?
So after getting it back last time I went and drove it immediately with the purpose of getting it to pass smog, 30 minutes later it was ready so i went right back to the dealer and had them smog it and then straight to dmv to get that out of the way.

for the next 2 weeks it ran fine, no codes, no pending codes. I did zero towing and was just driving it around town, some freeway. Normal driving with the exhausts brake in Auto.

Tuesday I hitched up to one of my rental trailers, 7-8k bumper pull. Tow haul mode, full exhaust brake, delivered it about 25 miles away. Got home and ran the diagnostics and had 4 pending codes
P02e7
P02e9
P0299
P226c

All of my original codes were back, but only as pending. over the next 6 or so key cycles ( i went out and drove it that night hoping it would clear up) it all went away with the P0299(turbo underboost) being the most stubborn

Through all of this the truck was running perfect.

Today I went and picked that trailer up, no codes going to get it, checked before hitching it up. Drove home 25 miles and all the pending codes are back and by the time I unhitched the CEL was on for an active P02e7 code and a P0401 EGR code is now pending as well.

The chevy order is Locked and loaded, they are just waiting on me to pull the trigger.

I plan on dropping the truck off at the dealer monday morning.

So far it has 12 Days of downtime at the dealer. This will be their 3rd attempt and finding and fixing the same issue. I have yet to talk to them about "lemon" or buy back, but its going to be a conversation we have this time.

Just past 3k miles, Talk about a disappointment. I really don't want a chevy or a ford, Just not sure I want to roll the dice on another ram, and I dont think i could even order my same truck at this point anyways. Waited 7 months for this one and I need to be able to tow a fifth wheel by july 1st at the latest.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Damn, that really sucks! Sorry to hear that you're having such bad luck!!

I walked out to my truck a few days ago and noticed a drop of oil behind the right front tire so I started looking around and found my shock to be completely covered with oil and road grime and it was dripping at the bottom. A couple weeks before that I notice that both rear lower control arm hydro-bushings were also leaking so once I saw the shock I decided to finally call the dealer. It goes in this coming Wednesday, they want it for two days minimum just to look at it and they refuse to order new parts until they see the truck, which is completely dumb because I offered to send pics of all three leaks. I am 110% completely dreading dropping it off now. Once it is dropped off I will tell them they have the 2 days to look at it and if they need to order parts I want the truck back until the parts come in as I need my truck and don't want some clapped out rental, likely not even a truck, that I cannot haul or use for work purposes.

I will say that I feel somewhat lucky that they should be easy fixes and nothing "drivetrain" related but still hate that they will be crawling all over my truck

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Dang. Sorry to hear this guys. Knock on wood no issues here. About 5100 miles since Dec 17. There’s a screech if you don’t wait a full two seconds between reverse and drive, but that’s about it.

beckty85

Reaction score
Dang. Sorry to hear this guys. Knock on wood no issues here. About 5100 miles since Dec 17. There’s a screech if you don’t wait a full two seconds between reverse and drive, but that’s about it.
I really want the ram so this sucks. I’m considering the Chevy order, an in transit one to a local dealer or hitting Sandi up for a new order.

beckty85

Reaction score
I’m 100% cancelling the extended warranty I bought.

The plan yesterday (before all the issues today) was to cancel those and stop putting money into it. It it acts right I buy the Ziegler later on. If not I trade it off. Not sure what I’m going to do now. Murdock Chevy has a few in transit that for the bill also

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I’m 100% cancelling the extended warranty I bought.

The plan yesterday (before all the issues today) was to cancel those and stop putting money into it. It it acts right I buy the Ziegler later on. If not I trade it off. Not sure what I’m going to do now. Murdock Chevy has a few in transit that for the bill also
Yeah it’s a tough decision. With the deal you got from Sandi, won’t hurt too bad to trade it in on a Chevy. If you drove the Chevy and like it, that might be the way to go. With the Ram you have, seems like you’ll always be waiting for something to go wrong. If you don’t get an acceptable response from them this time, might be time to move on.

beckty85

Reaction score
As of today technical assistance is having my local service center replace one of the valves in the egr ssytem and a connector. They weren’t very specific in their voicemail. If the codes return again they have recommended ECM replacement at that time.

Likely won’t have the truck back until Monday now, so 20 days in the shop so far out of the 50 or so days I have had the truck.

beckty85

Reaction score
Figured it was about time to update this thread.

Truck is perfect now. After a few more trips back and forth after my last post they were able to find the problem. PCM wire harness had a major short in it. It had gotten to the point you could wiggle it and the truck would die. A few weeks and a new harness later and shes been perfect for a few thousand miles.

Makes my decision to take the DRW I ordered even harder.

I weighed my Fifthwheel almost completely loaded the way we will run for big trips and it will put me about 400-600 over the rear axle/tires/wheels rated capacity.

I ordered a CCLB DRW so it has some perks with the 50 gallon tank and the long bed vs my mega srw. But giving up the MegaCab is my biggest hang up on doing the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread