Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
They are out of dealer loaners but are working on getting me one from enterprise. Likely won’t be a truck.

What’s stupid is if Chrysler can’t supply the parts fast enough they should be buying them back from the mopar stores that have them or reimburse the dealer for getting them wherever they can. I mean as long as they are oem it shouldn’t matter.
I know that our enterprise out here gets Cummins and duramax rentals. Guessing yours would to? Just gotta go through the appropriate division to get those rentals.

beckty85

Reaction score
The commercial enterprise rental place has a few 2500/3500 trucks. No gooseneck or fifth wheel towing allowed. Looks like I may get a Silverado tomorrow. Now that MD is involved I feel that it will get resolved faster. Who knows

beckty85

Reaction score
General manager of MD (Randy)called me this morning. He had 2 in stock and his parts manager (DD)was dealing with my local dealer to work out the details.

She called about 25 minutes ago and was just waiting for the “D2D” swap to come through and is going to overnight the parts.

Once again the level of service given from mark dodge is above and beyond. I really can’t say enough good things about everyone I have dealt with from there.

Riddick

Reaction score
General manager of MD (Randy)called me this morning. He had 2 in stock and his parts manager (DD)was dealing with my local dealer to work out the details.

She called about 25 minutes ago and was just waiting for the “D2D” swap to come through and is going to overnight the parts.

Once again the level of service given from mark dodge is above and beyond. I really can’t say enough good things about everyone I have dealt with from there.

Hey, this is what its all about! It's awesome to hear MD going above and beyond after the sale is complete. I did not order my truck from them but based off all the positive reviews on here I will recommend them.

Last edited:

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Dang. Once again MD is going above and beyond. Before, during, and after the sale.

beckty85

Reaction score
The saga continues. Chrysler denied the dealer to dealer transfer of the part I needed that MD had and was ready to send. They would have received that yesterday and I would have it back by now. Service department here said somehow they were supposed to get one today from somewhere else. So we wait……

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Odd question did you take out the foam insert in the inlet tube going to the turbo? I'm wondering if the air director tube and foam have moved some how.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
They dont have the foam anymore the last year for that was 18 i found that out after pulling mine apart to remove the foam and it was not there in my 19

Nd79

Reaction score
They dont have the foam anymore the last year for that was 18 i found that out after pulling mine apart to remove the foam and it was not there in my 19
I was going to pull mine at some point and check it out/get rid of the foam. Knowing this I might wait a little longer now.

Reactions: J-J

sstoner911

Reaction score
Pulling the foam does nothing for sound...or anything else for that matter.

J-J

Reaction score
Pulling the foam does nothing for sound...or anything else for that matter.
Just keeps the turbo from eating it and don't say it doesn't I have personally seen what happens when the turbo is hungry.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Just keeps the turbo from eating it and don't say it doesn't I have personally seen what happens when the turbo is hungry.

This a wives tale.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Laughable.. wouldn't have had to replace them and some how it was chewed up so move on.

I have seen trucks with over 300K and the foam is perfect...

Kick rocks sister

sstoner911

Reaction score
The saga continues. Chrysler denied the dealer to dealer transfer of the part I needed that MD had and was ready to send. They would have received that yesterday and I would have it back by now. Service department here said somehow they were supposed to get one today from somewhere else. So we wait……
Why do they need Chrysler approval for where the part come from.

Very odd system.

CJM

Reaction score

Why do they need Chrysler approval for where the part come from.

Very odd system.

Stuff like this wouldn't happen if truck was purchased local!
When purchasing a truck from a long distance away, added
inconveniences occur. Always easier if you purchase the truck
where you plan to have it serviced.

tolym

Reaction score
Stuff like this wouldn't happen if truck was purchased local!
When purchasing a truck from a long distance away, added
inconveniences occur. Always easier if you purchase the truck
where you plan to have it serviced.

How would that help? Local dealer doesn’t have the part in stock. Doesn’t matter where you purchase, if there no parts there’s no parts. Truck will be parked.
We ordered 3 trucks and saved 30k by ordering out of town. I would never feed a greedy and gauging dealer.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
How would that help? Local dealer doesn’t have the part in stock. Doesn’t matter where you purchase, if there no parts there’s no parts. Truck will be parked.
We ordered 3 trucks and saved 30k by ordering out of town. I would never feed a greedy and gauging dealer.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

It is not always greed if they dont have the sales volume they will be more money i know the dealer i use buys so many trucks at a time they get better pricing than the local dealers

CJM

Reaction score

She said she found the parts on eBay and through other on-line Mopar parts suppliers, so parts were ultimately available.

I understand you don't want to "feed a greedy and gauging dealer" but I bet when you have a problem with your truck you
will be running back to that "greedy and gauging dealer" expecting them to bend over backwards servicing your truck!

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
She said she found the parts on eBay and through other on-line Mopar parts suppliers, so parts were ultimately available.

I understand you don't want to "feed a greedy and gauging dealer" but I bet when you have a problem with your truck you
will be running back to that "greedy and gauging dealer" expecting them to bend over backwards servicing your truck!
The problem is the local dealer didn’t have the part and MD, over 1000 miles away, was willing to send parts to his local dealer. Ram said no. The problem would have been solved QUICKER if Ram allowed the dealer he purchased from to transfer the parts.

This argument of yours holds no water. His local dealer doesn’t have the parts and where he bought the truck from doesn’t factor in to the timeline to repair.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have had different dealerships locally transfer parts all the time..even out of town dealerships...

Something different when. It's out of state?

This just seems like a weird scenario since the dealerships own their parts inventory (or do they?).

Users who are viewing this thread