Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

CJM

Reaction score
The problem is the local dealer didn’t have the part and MD, over 1000 miles away, was willing to send parts to his local dealer. Ram said no. The problem would have been solved QUICKER if Ram allowed the dealer he purchased from to transfer the parts.

This argument of yours holds no water. His local dealer doesn’t have the parts and where he bought the truck from doesn’t factor in to the timeline to repair.

Guess you didn't get the point of my comment. My thought is that the local dealer would likely have put more effort into getting the part
if the truck would have been purchased from them! Mark Dodge would be more interested in keeping the part in their stock for a customer
from their local area instead of sending the part to another dealer.

I went through a very similar situation at our shop. Our shop is located in the Eastern part of Canada. A gentleman, from our hometown, brought a pair of
work boots (very well know name brand) to our shop for warranty. We are a dealer for this brand of work boots. When I asked him for
a copy of the sales receipt he indicated that he did not purchase them from our company. When I asked where he had purchased the boots
he said he bought them in New York, USA. Do you think I should have spent time and money to benefit a company out of New York?
No, I spend my time and money working with the customers that purchase from me. They are the ones I put the extra effort in to.

Last edited:

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Guess you didn't get the point of my comment. My thought is that the local dealer would likely have put more effort into getting the part
if the truck would have been purchased from them! Mark Dodge would be more interested in keeping the part in their stock for a customer
from their local area instead of sending the part to another dealer.

I went through a very similar situation at our shop. Our shop is located in the Eastern part of Canada. A gentleman, from our hometown, brought a pair of
work boots (very well know name brand) to our shop for warranty. We are a dealer for this brand of work boots. When I asked him for
a copy of the sales receipt he indicated that he did not purchase them from our company. When I asked where he had purchased the boots
he said he bought them in New York, USA. Do you think I should have spent time and money to benefit a company out of New York?
No, I spend my time and money working with the customers that purchase from me. They are the ones I put the extra effort in to.
I’m sorry you run your business that way. Dealerships get paid from FCA/stellantis to perform the work, regardless of where the truck was purchased. It keeps their service department busy and it’s a guaranteed payment. Why would they treat any truck differently?

CJM

Reaction score
I’m sorry you run your business that way. Dealerships get paid from FCA/stellantis to perform the work, regardless of where the truck was purchased. It keeps their service department busy and it’s a guaranteed payment. Why would they treat any truck differently?

You can't be serious!

You are stupid enough to think a dealer will treat a person who purchased a truck 2000 miles away
the same as a customer that purchased a truck directly from them?

gpattikjr

Reaction score
You can't be serious!

You are stupid enough to think a dealer will treat a person who purchased a truck 2000 miles away
Noone ever relocates or travels either?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
You can't be serious!

Yea, I do. If I walked in to my local dealer, they aren’t going to ask where I bought my truck. Their service department won’t care. They’ll still work to get the parts ordered and delivered as soon as possible. Maybe it’s time for you to get a new dealer?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have had my serviced advisor - (I get a diiferent one each time for some reason if I ask for a specific person, maybe they dont like me -) ask if I bought the truck from them. I dont think it matters where you bought it becasue when you travel and have an issue you cant always wait til you get to your home dealer to fix the issue.

If they did not transfer the part to the other dealer there must be some sort of miscommunication or poor customer service from one or both dealers.

Diesel_Addict

Reaction score
You can't be serious!

Being military, I have never had an issue getting my car serviced at a different dealership than the one I bought it from. I even took a keep that I bought in Portland to a dealership in Tacoma, WA that wouldn’t budge on the sale price. Service department never asked and didn’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myfast70

Reaction score
You can't be serious!

Sounds like you're the stupid one in this thread. Just because you buy elsewhere doesn't mean they treat you poorly. Well maybe you because you sound like a jackass to deal with. If the local dealer wanted my business bad enough they would have given me a deal closer to where I purchased my truck from instead. You're logic is flawed...

beckty85

Reaction score
Picked truck up from the dealer on January 3rd. They replaced the parts listed above and cleared the codes and gave the ol' "vehicle is performing to manufacture specs" It seemed better but didnt quiet feel like it did before all this. I figured maybe the luster was wearing off and it was gonna be fine. I have been driving it around constantly trying to get it to clear all of the IM monitors for smog and have been seeing alot of "pending" codes come up that i had before. Once again I thought maybe we all have that but they just never turn into a real code so we dont know. Well today was the day i was going to try and get it to Pass CA smog. Let it idle till normal temps and proceeded to drive it down the coast to santa barbara and back, about 160 miles. Left with NO codes and only 2 monitors left to clear, the catalyst and HTD catalyst (regen stuff) Came home and while leaving the In-n-out drive thru, DING check engine light is back. ALL OF THE SAME CODES

P02E7
P02E9
P226C
P0299

I will be dropping it off and the dealer first thing monday morning. Starting the lemon law research now as well. In CA 30 days "out of service" should qualify. Already has 8 from the first visit. Just dropped 1900 on PPF and ceramic inside and out for it this week too.

This is extremely disapointing.
@RamCares

beckty85

Reaction score
1 year old was asleep in the truck today in the driveway when we got home so since I had work to do out there anyways I left it running. Ambient air temp 65. About an hour into it sitting there it randomly idled up to 1k when I stepped on the brake it would idle down just like when you normally have the high idle in, but as soon as I stopped and put it in park it would immediately idle back up even continued to do it after it was shut down and had sat for about 30 minutes. As soon as I fired it up went back to high idle. All temps on the truck were fine.

beckty85

Reaction score
dropped it off this morning. They just called and said they are going back and forth with engineering at this point with how to proceed. Doesn't sound like good news to me.

rockman88

Reaction score
dropped it off this morning. They just called and said they are going back and forth with engineering at this point with how to proceed. Doesn't sound like good news to me.

Ugh sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You can't be serious!

I have had better service from a dealer i didnt buy from they actually pulled parts off a vehicle they had in stock to get me going that was a few years ago with my 14 jeep jk they needed an oil cooler and could not get one in the time i was there so they pulled one out of a jeep from the lot!

beckty85

Reaction score
Engineering has had the tech testing every wire/connection. Tech wants to replace the PCM. Engineering wants him to retest everything and pull the battery leads and let the PCM completely reset.

My thoughts are that is what will happen, they will drive it for 5 minutes and say its fine. I will proceed to drive it to try and clear readiness monitors and it will all go to **** again.

Either way I don't really think I can keep this truck at this point if they cant come up with something concrete that was causing the issues, Just cant trust it to do what I need. I built Fords, Gmc's and chevy's yesterday. Its gonna be a chevy if thats what ends up happening. Not going to scour the country for a deal and fly and drive home this time. I can walk to the chevy dealer.

beckty85

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with a manufacture buy back? How does it work with other money you have invested into the truck that you can't remove? Like say a ceramic coating and PPF? Do they do anything for you on that?

Users who are viewing this thread