Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any dealers doing the 4-6% off of invoice on a lot truck. That has only been on ordered trucks for the last couple of years.
My father got one from md around 3.6% under invoice. Market has softened in the last 3 month since and things are really sitting again

Ironsides77

Reaction score
49% number is completely made up "sales-splaning".

Every order is getting the tow mode camera taken off according to my dealers ram rep. He said because there are roughly 600 ordered that are like that they are working on a way to edit them all in a batch? I don't know why they can't just do them one by one but they haven't given that insight even though I've asked.

At the end of the day this process is a disaster and they need to update to a more efficient and streamlined system.
Why blow smoke with a number then? Id rather just be told matter of fact if I were getting it or not.

Thanks for the reply!

jebruns

Reaction score
My father got one from md around 3.6% under invoice. Market has softened in the last 3 month since and things are really sitting again
Good for him! I do see some discounting going on for lot trucks. I just looked at Granger's website, and it was as much as $5K off MSRP on some of their 2500's. I paid $82K for an ordered truck with a sticker price of $96K. It was a 4% under invoice deal. I have not seen anything approaching that yet, but maybe that's quietly happening at some dealers.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Good for him! I do see some discounting going on for lot trucks. I just looked at Granger's website, and it was as much as $5K off MSRP on some of their 2500's. I paid $82K for an ordered truck with a sticker price of $96K. It was a 4% under invoice deal. I have not seen anything approaching that yet, but maybe that's quietly happening at some dealers.
Yea , picked up the truck in October and the sales guy said they have sold around 400 a month during Covid and that number came to a halt with rising rates and they were starting to see far more financing denials.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Called Steve white motors on an in stock 2022 2500 diesel that fit 90% of my criteria. They were neck and neck pre Covid with Koons pricing- left message for internet sales person- got a call back from a generic sales guy. Was told 76k msrp marked to 74k was a great deal. (Includes the 1k rebate so it’s 1k off msrp only). I laughed and said no Koons does 7% under invoice on orders but I understand a lot truck won’t be that good or a deal. Told it needs to be 10% off msrp or I can just order a specific truck I want with exact options. He said he would call me back. I’m guessing I won’t be getting a call back. So to answer my question, Steve white motors is no longer a low priced leader for y’all

Last edited:

Savage99ss

Reaction score
2023 Ram 2500 mega Laramie- pretty loaded

Msrp= $89,529
Price paid= $78,331 includes $500 rebate

$11,198 off msrp

For comparison:
2022 Ram 2500 mega Laramie-pretty loaded
Msrp= $77,165
Price paid= $69,500

$7,665 off msrp

Almost 9k difference in my22 and my23 pricing.

Last edited:

the5thsoth

Reaction score
I'm a little annoyed that @Koons_Ram is doing %7 off now after I made an order in Dec for less off but they were pretty easy to deal with.

jhas

Reaction score
New to the group....Have an offer from MD, but they request a $1000 deposit and is non-refundable

is this normal?

Thanks

bhal212

Reaction score
New to the group....Have an offer from MD, but they request a $1000 deposit and is non-refundable

is this normal?

Thanks
Yes, I paid the same with Koons. I suspect all dealerships will require a non-refundable deposit of some amount to custom order a vehicle.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score

is this normal?

Thanks

During the really hot days of Covid, dealers would happily return deposits since it would be an on the lot truck and they would sell at a premium. Now, trucks are sitting and orders are slowing so it makes sense those policies would change.

Aaron at MD is a great guy and I would deal with him on any dodge purchase in the future.

jhdram4

Reaction score

is this normal?

Thanks
I ordered from MD as well and paid the 1000 deposit. My previous cars/trucks ordered locally had similar deposits. I basically trusted MD's reputation from this forum and a little of my own research and felt comfortable paying the 1000 deposit. So far the ordering process was no hassle and easy. First time with MD so we will see if that all stays the same when the truck comes in someday.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I ordered from MD as well and paid the 1000 deposit. My previous cars/trucks ordered locally had similar deposits. I basically trusted MD's reputation from this forum and a little of my own research and felt comfortable paying the 1000 deposit. So far the ordering process was no hassle and easy. First time with MD so we will see if that all stays the same when the truck comes in someday.

Had a few small issues (delivery late), title was late, and missing parts and I was treated like I was the most important task of the day. MD is wonderful to say the least

Drew M

Reaction score
Yes, I paid the same with Koons. I suspect all dealerships will require a non-refundable deposit of some amount to custom order a vehicle.
Yep! Granger required one too. But, (its a big but), I'm sure if you have a legitimate issue to back out, I believe you could get your money back. I would ask your Sales Rep with a phone call and email. Wanting to back out because you found a "better deal" elsewhere wouldn't cut it. I Can't speak for others, but Granger is pretty solid in their dealings and in what they can control.
I'm sure your local dealer would require a deposit as well.

bhal212

Reaction score
Yep! Granger required one too. But, (its a big but), I'm sure if you have a legitimate issue to back out, I believe you could get your money back. I would ask your Sales Rep with a phone call and email. Wanting to back out because you found a "better deal" elsewhere wouldn't cut it. I Can't speak for others, but Granger is pretty solid in their dealings and in what they can control.
I'm sure your local dealer would require a deposit as well.
My local dealer definitely requires a deposit and gives 0% off MSRP, so that was silly.

You are correct about the legitimate issues, the first order I tried to place with Koons couldn't go through because they shut down the BH L2 equipment group. They refunded me the same day when I requested it.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
bought three vehicles over the past year.

accord required a $300 deposit that was refundable, I gave them a check and they literally gave it back to me when I bought the car
tahoe had a $1k deposit that was refundable
22 Ram from Mark Dodge, I was in the group when they were still accepting deposits by credit/debit card. heard they are only accepting wire transfers now since people were contesting the charges on the credit card when they decided to back out.

had talked to several other regional dealers on tahoes/yukons and was told although the deposits were non-refundable, they had refunded several

Local dealers probably are more flexible on deposits - they have 1 buyer back out, not as big of an issue. Mark Dodge/Granger have more to lose if they have 10 trucks each month sold to the person that didn't order them.

I'd view it as, if you are 100% on board with buying what you are ordering, it's a no brainer. If you have a feeling you may back out for whatever reason, I'd pass on it

Users who are viewing this thread