Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

jebruns

Reaction score
I'd take the price lock. My 22 took 6 months from order to delivery and had 2 price hikes of over $1000 each. Granger didn't bat an eye about it, price was what we'd originally negotiated. In my case, the dealer was about 6 hours each way. Way worth it. Inflation is still rolling along at more than 6% and Ram still is not caught up on the HD's, so I'd think it likely we'll see more price hikes.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Been searching around for a 22 Mega cab- don't want there 12" everything integrated into the screen that's being forced on the 23 orders. total BS.

Anyways, don't waste your time with North Point CDJR in NC - sorry we can't price it due to the recall and rebates - uhhhh price is before the rebates - ohhh we don't do that - SCAM!!!

W-K CDJR - we can dom MSRP but cover the doc fee - these are hard to find....but if you finance we will give you a 2k discount since we get a kickback, lol - no thanks

Napleton CDJR - Best pricing, no finance 2k off...wow great deal... no thanks.

I guess F the mega cab and going Ford or ordering a 23 crew cab...

kevin588127

Reaction score
Been searching around for a 22 Mega cab- don't want there 12" everything integrated into the screen that's being forced on the 23 orders. total BS.

Anyways, don't waste your time with North Point CDJR in NC - sorry we can't price it due to the recall and rebates - uhhhh price is before the rebates - ohhh we don't do that - SCAM!!!

W-K CDJR - we can dom MSRP but cover the doc fee - these are hard to find....but if you finance we will give you a 2k discount since we get a kickback, lol - no thanks

I think mark dodge just posted on the FB group that they were doing a large percentage of of sticker on their lot trucks. Think it may have been 10 percent off. You could have it shipped about anywhere and still save money.

jebruns

Reaction score

Yeah, I found the same thing about this time last year, except nobody I talked to would go below MSRP at all. I ordered my 2500 and saved $14k off MSRP. Was worth the 6 month wait.

Johnny5

Reaction score
Looking for a dealer who will honor Tread Lightly on a new order. Local dealer had a change in heart and now the process begins all over. Prefer Western US as I am from California but I am GTG to fly and pick up and/or paying for delivery if that's an option.

Thank you for any assistance.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I’d just order from mark dodge and deliver if your open to a pickup or delivery. There is a dealer in Irvine who does thread lightly too on orders
Looking for a dealer who will honor Tread Lightly on a new order. Local dealer had a change in heart and now the process begins all over. Prefer Western US as I am from California but I am GTG to fly and pick up and/or paying for delivery if that's an option.

k pickup

Thisnthat

Reaction score

the active dealers on here (Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA and Granger in Iowa) will sell at approx 4% below invoice...without any type of control number or anything. regular ole joe blow can email them out of the blue and get that price. If you use tread lightly (which I think is just a backdoor way of being an affiliate member) and you provide your control number, I know for sure that Mark Dodge was offering an additional $500 off the 4% below invoice...which ends of being approx 11% of MSRP.

tread lightly is 1% below invoice....so I'd think you could order from Mark Dodge and have it shipped to cali and end up right at or below a dealer selling at "only" the tread lightly price.

Granger and Mark Dodge both price lock their orders as well....not sure how the recent price increases have been going, but back in 22 my build increased $3k from order to delivery and that was only 3 months back then

some local dealers are getting more aggressive and changing their tune about sticking to MSRP or only a grand or two under

Reaction score
Gotta love capitalism lol

Yep.
"Parts are hard to get, shipping costs more, blah, blah, we have to raise our prices more than in any past years."
Meanwhile, they are making a record setting 26% more in net profit.

ppine

Reaction score
I bought from Dave Smith in June 2022. I paid MSRP because local dealers wanted $10k over. Now there is some negotiating room, but no that much most places. I flew to Spokane from Nevada to pick up my truck last summer and the dealer met with a shuttle to Coeur D'Alene.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Yea, I called 3 different dealers.- 2 in MO and 1 in SC. All want very close to MSRP for an on the lot truck, no add ons. One said sure we will do tread lightly but.......you have to finance 35k min for 6 months. A lot of joker dealers still out there. Soon this will change....

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
A little late to the thread question regarding but figured I'd share, in regards to price-protection & the 2HR/2GR.
CLARITY - I do not know if we are the dealer you're speaking of, and I appreciate you keeping them both anonymous while posting.
The packages/components that are on the build sheet should be all price protected once a VIN is assigned (D Status), that's on the price order confirmation sheet. - I'm not sure why a dealer wouldn't protect the whole build.
What's not protectable is 99% of the rebates/incentives/affiliates, they all have to be validated again and again.
If you make a change to the build order unit while it is in D status, you could be exposed to price increases - but not always - it's a risky move and best to ensure you have the build all set before submitting.

Also it looks like 2GR is the package that has the -$1,095, that is the HEMI. The 2HR is your CUMMINS turbo diesel @ +$8,600 (MSRP figures).

jebruns

Reaction score
I'm not sure why a dealer wouldn't protect the whole build.
Pretty easy to see why. Easy money! I've read of many dealers doing that on ordered trucks in the last couple of years. I got price protected in writing before I ordered mine from Granger. Probably not required there as they are a straight up dealer, and never mentioned anything about the increases that happened while my truck was on order. But I felt better about having it in hand.

texas.yankee

Reaction score
4500/5500 Cab & Chassis dealers?

I'm looking for a good dealer willing to work a deal on ordering a 5500 limited. I'm in Texas, currently, but full-time RV, so I'm willing to travel most places or work out shipping to my upfitter (or talk in-house upfitting). Sold the 450 King Ranch since I need the payload for a 25,999 GVWR toy hauler. The trailer is ready in May, so I'd like to get an order in soon to limit ime I'm stuck without a truck. All dealers I've found are 3500 and under, only.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

buzzuti

Reaction score
4500/5500 Cab & Chassis dealers?

I'm looking for a good dealer willing to work a deal on ordering a 5500 limited. I'm in Texas, currently, but full-time RV, so I'm willing to travel most places or work out shipping to my upfitter (or talk in-house upfitting). Sold the 450 King Ranch since I need the payload for a 25,999 GVWR toy hauler. The trailer is ready in May, so I'd like to get an order in soon to limit ime I'm stuck without a truck. All dealers I've found are 3500 and under, only.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I am working with a couple right now.
Also, I’m n TX. Central.
5500 Laramie, 84” CA diesel
I have a slide in truck camper, Arctic Fox 1150.

Dave Smith CDJR, Idaho, so far is the best I have found, approx $6k under MSRP. Handful of folks highly recommended them, though a few chimed in and said they aren’t what they used to be.

Kurt Reiselt at Performance in Deleware, OH is a fantastic guy to work with.

But that being said, I am still searching for a better deal.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Anyone getting discounts on a 2023 2500 gasser? Surprisingly a Laramie gasser is the same price as a Chevy 2500 LTZ diesel with similar options. :oops: I really don’t want a diesel though. Just seems like Ram thinks highly of themselves.

Dealer has a ‘23 that’s been on the lot for a month that’s come down on my deal by $3,500 from initial offer without any bargaining. But seems to me like gasser should be easy to get about 10% off MSRP?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
You might need to find a different dealer. I attempted to find a mega cab bighorn at 3 different dealers and same story- high prices. As it gets closer to year end, deals will be better but if you can hold out, order from one of the big outfits for 14+% off

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Anyone getting discounts on a 2023 2500 gasser? Surprisingly a Laramie gasser is the same price as a Chevy 2500 LTZ diesel with similar options. :oops: I really don’t want a diesel though. Just seems like Ram thinks highly of themselves.

Dealer has a ‘23 that’s been on the lot for a month that’s come down on my deal by $3,500 from initial offer without any bargaining. But seems to me like gasser should be easy to get about 10% off MSRP?

The $3-4k discount essentially gets the price down close to invoice...not a lot of dealers want to give up their holdback in this environment. and in some cases, dealers aren't as willing to give it up

just checked a regional dealer (that isn't Mark Dodge/Granger/Koons) and that usually has a pretty large inventory of HDs....

Here's a 22 2500 Laramie with the 6.4 that also has several rebates attached to it...decent deal for not ordering one

demand for gassers are definitely regionally driven...some areas they sit forever and others not so much...but you have a point in comparing the LTZ diesel vs the Laramie hemi

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Amazing how much cheaper the ‘22 is over the ‘23, just looking at base price.

Users who are viewing this thread