Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Wagons On Order

Reaction score
thanks guys, i appreciate it. i emailed sandi from mark dodge and will go from there. hoping they still offer a nice discount. My tradesman PW build is about $63K, which is crazy compared to what it was a year or two ago!

RHINO69

Reaction score
thanks guys, i appreciate it. i emailed sandi from mark dodge and will go from there. hoping they still offer a nice discount. My tradesman PW build is about $63K, which is crazy compared to what it was a year or two ago!
Assuming they discount a tradesman similar to other trucks, I'd expect a price range of $56.5K-58K. And FYI, they will require a non-refundable $1,000 deposit to secure the order. This will obviously go towards the down payment but you cannot get it back, if you decide to back out.

Just my $0.02, but if you were willing to spend $63K (MSRP), maybe consider getting a PW L1/L2? Should come out to about $63K after the discounts and you would have a better chance at recouping your money, if it ever came time to sell it. I know it is a more desirable model/trim and could help mitigate a future loss. But with that said, I fully expect we will find ourselves in a "Carmageddon" like scenario in the coming years. With everyone paying far above sticker for new vehicles, and crazy prices on used vehicles, I think that once the "supply chain" woes subside, plenty of individuals will be so upside down with their auto loans, abandonment may become prevalent. Which very well could create a massive inventory spike in used vehicles, screwing us all. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: 392

NSONO1

Reaction score
Granger in Iowa gave me approximately 10% below MSRP. So far they have been great to work with but RAM needs to build my PW already!
1654097832680.png

RHINO69

Reaction score
Granger in Iowa gave me approximately 10% below MSRP. So far they have been great to work with but RAM needs to build my PW already!
View attachment 38834
Hey, nice truck! lol. I sat in "Scheduled" for a month and a half! Best of luck sir!

Attachments

• PW.png
    PW.png
    280.5 KB · Views: 9

Andersen24

Reaction score
View attachment 38834

@NSONO1 - my PW was scheduled the same day as yours. MD sent me a screenshot of the POC and mine has a scheduled production date of 6/12/22, hopefully yours should enter production around the same time. You can contact Granger and ask them for a screenshot of your POC. On that screen there is a "Estimated Ship Date." That date is typically the date they anticipate it to go into production......

1654100395679.png

Reaction score
Assuming they discount a tradesman similar to other trucks, I'd expect a price range of $56.5K-58K. And FYI, they will require a non-refundable $1,000 deposit to secure the order. This will obviously go towards the down payment but you cannot get it back, if you decide to back out.

Just my $0.02, but if you were willing to spend $63K (MSRP), maybe consider getting a PW L1/L2? Should come out to about $63K after the discounts and you would have a better chance at recouping your money, if it ever came time to sell it. I know it is a more desirable model/trim and could help mitigate a future loss. But with that said, I fully expect we will find ourselves in a "Carmageddon" like scenario in the coming years. With everyone paying far above sticker for new vehicles, and crazy prices on used vehicles, I think that once the "supply chain" woes subside, plenty of individuals will be so upside down with their auto loans, abandonment may become prevalent. Which very well could create a massive inventory spike in used vehicles, screwing us all. I hope I am wrong.
great info, thanks for sharing! She already responded to me and i will be sending her my build specs. I definitely see where you're coming from regarding the stand alone PW trim, but honestly i was never planning on spending $63K on a new truck regardless which trim, thats just too much money to be spending on a truck to me LOL so hopefully this tradesman PW comes in at a reasonable price. I honestly prefer the styling of the Tradesman PW better as well, i like the subdue styling of it and that i can get a monotone color. i dont like the two tone on the stand alone PW and wish i could get it in monotone other than black. Let me know if i'm incorrect on that tho.

i also intend to hold on to this truck until the wheels fall off, so im not too worried about resale. the tradesman pw are pretty rare as well! never saw one in person

RHINO69

Reaction score
great info, thanks for sharing! She already responded to me and i will be sending her my build specs. I definitely see where you're coming from regarding the stand alone PW trim, but honestly i was never planning on spending $63K on a new truck regardless which trim, thats just too much money to be spending on a truck to me LOL so hopefully this tradesman PW comes in at a reasonable price. I honestly prefer the styling of the Tradesman PW better as well, i like the subdue styling of it and that i can get a monotone color. i dont like the two tone on the stand alone PW and wish i could get it in monotone other than black. Let me know if i'm incorrect on that tho.

i also intend to hold on to this truck until the wheels fall off, so im not too worried about resale. the tradesman pw are pretty rare as well! never saw one in person
Totally understand where you are coming from. If you are planning on driving the truck into the ground and like the overall aesthetics of the Tradesman better, I see how that is the better option for you. As for monotone exterior colors for the stand alone PW trim, there are currently 7 colors available.

1654104594244.png

Reaction score
Totally understand where you are coming from. If you are planning on driving the truck into the ground and like the overall aesthetics of the Tradesman better, I see how that is the better option for you. As for monotone exterior colors for the stand alone PW trim, there are currently 7 colors available.

View attachment 38838
oh wow i see that now, thank you. looks like it forces you into level 3 with monotone colors, which turns into a $73kish price tag. beautiful truck but definitely more than i need, even the tradesman is more than i need lol.

I'll let you know what Sandi comes back with on the tradesman PW!

RHINO69

Reaction score
oh wow i see that now, thank you. looks like it forces you into level 3 with monotone colors, which turns into a $73kish price tag. beautiful truck but definitely more than i need, even the tradesman is more than i need lol.

I'll let you know what Sandi comes back with on the tradesman PW!
Ah, good info. Didn't realize monotone options were tethered to L3 only.

Reaction score
Ah, good info. Didn't realize monotone options were tethered to L3 only.
Mark dodge came back at just over 11% off msrp on the tradesman PW, which is crazy! Thanks again for that recommendation. I’ll have to reach out to Chapman ram in horsham pa to see what kind of deal they’ll offer, and then I’ll have lots of thinking to do! We are moving into a new home in august and I can’t take delivery of a truck before then so I’m thinking I’ll wait a few more weeks just to play it safe on timing. Assuming the deal will still be good on the truck as long as ram doesn’t raise prices

RHINO69

Reaction score
Mark dodge came back at just over 11% off msrp on the tradesman PW, which is crazy! Thanks again for that recommendation. I’ll have to reach out to Chapman ram in horsham pa to see what kind of deal they’ll offer, and then I’ll have lots of thinking to do! We are moving into a new home in august and I can’t take delivery of a truck before then so I’m thinking I’ll wait a few more weeks just to play it safe on timing. Assuming the deal will still be good on the truck as long as ram doesn’t raise prices
Nice! Just a FYI, Ram will absolutely raise pricing in that time frame. I believe they are raising prices at least once a month right now. I ordered in January and the MSRP has increase almost $4K since then. Someone else will probably have more concrete evidence to correct me with, but the price will absolutely go up.

Also to note, you do not have to take delivery as soon as the vehicle arrives at the dealer. I do not know the exact time frame the vehicle must be taken, but it can't be any lower than 30 days. With August only being 2-3 months, I would have to assume you would be safe to get your order in now. Very few people see lead times under 4 months. Of course, your call to make. But if you want the price they provided you with, you would have to sign and provide the $1K deposit to lock it in.

DrTron

Reaction score
I agree, August is only two months away, there's no way it will be at the dealer if you order now.
I did choose the monotone color, but I also didn't know that it was tied to the L3.

But yes, my MSRP was higher than what people reported who ordered two months earlier. So it probably will only go up. And I expect a significant price hike once the 2023 are available, that's why I ordered now and not in fall.

Reaction score
thanks guys, you've been very helpful. I didn't realize how much msrp has been going up each month. I was thinking that it was raised one time for the beginning of the 2022 MY. With it going up each month, i will probably make my decision by end of next week. just a big commitment on top of an already big commitment (new house) we have lol

rcghawks

Reaction score
I ordered my L3 PW on 12/11/21 and is at the vendor then hopefully shipping out to Mark Dodge. The MSRP from when I ordered till now is close to $10,000 , which is crazy to me. There is no rhyme or reason when they are being shipped and orders are getting received. Good luck for the ones who just ordered.

DrTron

Reaction score
Yes, I honestly don't expect it to be ready until fall, and I ordered in April.

RHINO69

Reaction score
thanks guys, you've been very helpful. I didn't realize how much msrp has been going up each month. I was thinking that it was raised one time for the beginning of the 2022 MY. With it going up each month, i will probably make my decision by end of next week. just a big commitment on top of an already big commitment (new house) we have lol
Looks like MSRP just went up another $2K. Not sure if that applies to the Tradesman but I would assume it does.

DrTron

Reaction score
Looks like MSRP just went up another $2K. Not sure if that applies to the Tradesman but I would assume it does.
Indeed it did. My build was $78,300 at the end of April when I ordered, and now it sits at $80,210.

RHINO69

Reaction score
Indeed it did. My build was $78,300 at the end of April when I ordered, and now it sits at $80,210.
Had me sort of wishing my window sticker didn't already populate! I would have had a $79K power wagon, instead of a $77K lol.

RHINO69

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Also, I find out today if my wagon ships this week or gets delayed for the 3rd time.
I got news that mine hit the port in Louisiana last week. Only took two days from factory to the port. Now I wait for it to get trucked from the rail yard to the dealership (125 miles). Man, I hope it happens quick. Dealership gave an ETA of 6/10-6/27.

Users who are viewing this thread