Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LETS SEE THOSE 35'S ON STOCK WHEELS

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Alright boys I got some more pressure questions for ya.. 50 psi front, 45 rear unloaded felt incredible floaty. Don't know how else to describe it besides similar to when my motorcycle caught a flat on the highway. Sure it's more comfy over small bumps, but man did the handling take a hit. Raising to 55F 50R helped a little, but I can see that the outer blocks are barely making contact even at this low of pressure. I'm actually starting to miss how it drove stock. There's an undeniable difference in power/torque off the line and at very slow speed turning/maneuvers, it really feels like the truck is struggling with the new rubber. Is this normal? Am I paranoid? 55f 50r is too high for road contact, but 50f 45r feels uncomfortable even making a lane change on the hwy, what do I do? I should mention the handling felt normal when the rears were at 60-65ish, but I could see the outer blocks weren't even touching the road at that high of pressure. I know I need to get out there with a chalk line test, but I'm hesitant since I'm already tripping on the ride quality at 50f 45r. Sorry if this is ranty, any info or advice is greatly appreciated
Sounds like this is a you thing. The feeling you have at 40 is normal with that much rubber and the smaller wheels. You will have to either get more comfortable driving it with lower pressure or get a rougher ride and less tread life at higher pressure

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright boys I got some more pressure questions for ya.. 50 psi front, 45 rear unloaded felt incredible floaty. Don't know how else to describe it besides similar to when my motorcycle caught a flat on the highway. Sure it's more comfy over small bumps, but man did the handling take a hit. Raising to 55F 50R helped a little, but I can see that the outer blocks are barely making contact even at this low of pressure. I'm actually starting to miss how it drove stock. There's an undeniable difference in power/torque off the line and at very slow speed turning/maneuvers, it really feels like the truck is struggling with the new rubber. Is this normal? Am I paranoid? 55f 50r is too high for road contact, but 50f 45r feels uncomfortable even making a lane change on the hwy, what do I do? I should mention the handling felt normal when the rears were at 60-65ish, but I could see the outer blocks weren't even touching the road at that high of pressure. I know I need to get out there with a chalk line test, but I'm hesitant since I'm already tripping on the ride quality at 50f 45r. Sorry if this is ranty, any info or advice is greatly appreciated

How many miles on the tires? Often new tires have tread squirm and that can give you the floaty feel.

Weigh your truck and set your pressures based on the load/inflation tables.

55/50 is not low pressure, depending on your weight. It can be high, low, or proper.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, which 35" tire is closest to a true 35" once mounted and loaded on the stock rims? 75A rims, I am likely going to go to 35" early next year.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Did these rub at all? I have these same wheels and love the look. The stance is perfect. Wondering if the wheels have proper offset or you need to run spacers.

It rubbed on the radius arms only. Not enough to feel it when turning, but just enough to remove a little bit of the coating. In my opinion, not enough to warrant spacers.

At first, it looked like there was no rubbing at all it was so minor.

chenn2389

Reaction score
It rubbed on the radius arms only. Not enough to feel it when turning, but just enough to remove a little bit of the coating. In my opinion, not enough to warrant spacers.

At first, it looked like there was no rubbing at all it was so minor.
Thanks for the reply! I'm thinking about trying the BFG HD Terrain tires they don't come in a true 35x12.5 maybe the stock size 295/70R18 or 305/70R18 would keep it from rubbing since they're about .5-1 inch less wide.

23 CTD ED

Reaction score
I really like the Thuren stuff, looking to add to my current 2023 Big Horn. I had a 2018 Power Wagon on 37's with their level springs, rear springs, overland shocks, trackbar, rear trackbar and a King steering stabilizer. I ordered the King 2.5 shocks F/R, their 2.75 springs and trackbar. I got the springs and trackbar yesterday, looking at a 4-5 month wait on the shocks. Looking to run 35/12.5R20.
Truck pic.jpg

deanfx

Reaction score
I really like the Thuren stuff, looking to add to my current 2023 Big Horn. I had a 2018 Power Wagon on 37's with their level springs, rear springs, overland shocks, trackbar, rear trackbar and a King steering stabilizer. I ordered the King 2.5 shocks F/R, their 2.75 springs and trackbar. I got the springs and trackbar yesterday, looking at a 4-5 month wait on the shocks. Looking to run 35/12.5R20.
View attachment 64551
That wait is terrible tho! Good looking truck btw

Users who are viewing this thread