Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Headlights on a Tradesman??

welderjay

Reaction score
You don't need to keep the obd link plugged in so no splitter needed also the bypass cable would allow you to plug your obd device in to it
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't looked into AlfaOBD and assumed it would be similar to the tazer needing to be in the OBD port continuously to function.

PDR

Reaction score
Good morning all, I have a 2019 ram 2500 bighorn with the standard Chrome halogen headlamps. If I choose to go with the limited/longhorn “black edition” headlamps p/n 68360182ab and 68360183ab, will I need to change any front end parts like grill or trim pieces? Or would I just need to replace headlamps, make proper adjustments to BCM and get a custom harness from @Jimmy07

JDison

Reaction score
Ok, I've read through this thread several time and have found the BCM Settings for the LED Reflector headlights but not for the LED Projector lights. If anyone has them handy would greatly appreciate it. Also do I need to add a fuse for the C6 28 connection for Jimmy's headlight harness.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Ok, I've read through this thread several time and have found the BCM Settings for the LED Reflector headlights but not for the LED Projector lights. If anyone has them handy would greatly appreciate it. Also do I need to add a fuse for the C6 28 connection for Jimmy's headlight harness.
The fuse for C6-28 is F103, and should be there.
This is the list of settings to change/ verify:
CBC Features: LED Front Turn Lamps Present- Yes

CBC Features: LED Low Beam Lamps Present- Yes

CBC Features: LED High Beam Lamps Present- Yes

CBC Features: LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present- Yes

CBC Config I/O: Right Dedicated DRL Lamp/Right Signature LED Present...- No

CBC Config I/O: Left Dedicated DRL Lamps/Left Front Turn Signal #2...- No

CBC Config I/O Usage: Front Park/Signature Lamp Left- Pin A 7- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Front Park/Signature Lamp Right - Pin A5- YES

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostics Line Enabled- YES

CBC Extern.Light Calibr: Signature Light Present- YES

CBC Extern.Light Calibr: Redundant Front Turn Signal- NO

CBC Extern.Light Calibr: Signature Dropout Enabled- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Adaptive Front Light system CSM Present- YES

P/T Chassis Net: AFLS Discharge Lamps- Enabled

JDison

Reaction score
Thank you sir for the almost instant response. Wanted to make sure I had everything in order to get the leds working before swapping out the lights.

PDR

Reaction score
Thank you sir for the almost instant response. Wanted to make sure I had everything in order to get the leds working before swapping out the lights.
If you don’t find 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Front park/signature Lamp right- pin A5 in AlfaOBD app, use 2014 CBC Config I/O: Bed Lighting Present - Pin A5. I had jimmy help me last minute as well.

Christopherbt8

Reaction score
If anyone is interested i have a set of chrome limited headlights as well as a driver side chrome limited headlight

Christopherbt8

Reaction score
I was going to do a 5th gen front swap on my 4th gen but i changed my mind. I also have a longhorn grille with everything 20220612_194708.jpg

hookedup2407

Reaction score
Anyone have a decent line on the night edition projectors? Pamsauto.com was 985$ each.. with the harness that’s gunna be way beyond what i want to spend.. morimoto OEM reflectors.. i think MM might have an edge on the reflectors

PDR

Reaction score
Anyone have a decent line on the night edition projectors? Pamsauto.com was 985$ each.. with the harness that’s gunna be way beyond what i want to spend.. morimoto OEM reflectors.. i think MM might have an edge on the reflectors
I tried the Morimoto’s on my 2019 bighorn. They are bright and everything seemed to work ok but, the signature LEDs would flicker occasionally. I reached out to them and got a second set. They lasted about one week then began doing the same thing. I decided to go with the night edition LED headlamps after pulling my front end apart x4 times. I’m not sure if they have corrected this issue since then.

hookedup2407

Reaction score
I tried the Morimoto’s on my 2019 bighorn. They are bright and everything seemed to work ok but, the signature LEDs would flicker occasionally. I reached out to them and got a second set. They lasted about one week then began doing the same thing. I decided to go with the night edition LED headlamps after pulling my front end apart x4 times. I’m not sure if they have corrected this issue since then.
Yikes.. how long ago was this? maybe needs capacitors to operate smoothly.. idk.. I’ve seen this as a ‘Fix’ for flicker.. it seems hit or miss with them. OEM reflectors don’t excite me as much unless i find them at the right price.. the search continues.

Users who are viewing this thread