Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Headlights on a Tradesman??

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Interesting, I was planning to try to run the wires between the grill and radiator down low since there is a factory wire bundle running through the same location. Does this seem possible?
Bp4125 and Catmechanic both received the first two harness builds at the same time. On the recommendation of Catmechanic, I made yours ~18” longer between lights so you could use that route between the grill and radiator.

NW3500

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but does swapping the lights out do anything to the warranty?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I'm seeing parts 68448766AA and 68448767AA are listed as Adaptive Lighting Headlight Control Modules...were these not needed?
Not when you buy the headlamps, they come already on there as an assembly. Those part numbers would be used for repairs if they fail.

Sstiller

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I'm needing some help I am currently installing my drl (non adaptive) headlights and am having troupe with alphaobd. I changed the settings to match the pictures attached but the drls flicker then go off. Then headlights flicker and go off as well. What I'm I missing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210628-140148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210628-140148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210628-140128_Docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20210628-140128_Docs.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 30

Jimmy07

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I'm needing some help I am currently installing my drl (non adaptive) headlights and am having troupe with alphaobd. I changed the settings to match the pictures attached but the drls flicker then go off. Then headlights flicker and go off as well. What I'm I missing?
Those settings don’t work for 2019+ Rams, they are for 2013-2018. Whatever you changed, change back to the way it was. These are the settings for the factory reflector HD LED headlights:
CBC features LED front turn lamp present- YES

CBC features LED low beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED high beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED front park/marker lamps present- YES

CBC Config I/O Usage front park/signature lamp left pin A7- YES

**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Front park/signature lamp right pin A5- YES**

**Note** If you do not see this 2014 CBC setting, then use this one:
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Truck bed lighting feature- PRESENT **

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature light present- YES

Sstiller

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 that fixed thank u sorry I thought I had done my research next time I'll triple check.

***2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Truck bed lighting feature- PRESENT **

This is the one I ended up using incase that helps u at all

welderjay

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 So just to be clear-

I have a 2021 2500 tradesman I want to swap the halogens to LED since the light quality and distance is horrible

I can swap my stock lights to the mid level LED lights without needing adapter harness or AlfaOBD and it is plug and play? A forum member replied that this upgrade would still need AlfaOBD programming to function. Need to confirm harness will work without modification or adapter

If I want to swap to the Adaptive (moving light) I would need your custom harness and an AlfaOBD to change BCM to allow for this, along with the re-pin at CANBUS

Jimmy07, can you PM me pricing for your harness for the Adaptive lights without fog light?

Does anyone have part #'s for the non-adaptive (mid-level) lights in night edition. @MooneyFWD I assume these are what you swapped to?
From another post from Jimmy it looks like these are the correct part #'s for the night edition LED light without the adaptive feature.
Left- 68360179AC
Right- 68360178AC

Does anyone have part #'s for the adaptive (top-level) lights in night edition? A forum member also sent these part #'s
68360 182ABRIGHT [LM6], [MFA]HIGH-LEVEL SIGNATURE LED DIRECTIONAL HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 183ABLEFT [LM6], [MFA]HIGH-LEVEL SIGNATURE LED DIRECTIONAL HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
Thank you all for the help

Last edited:

Catmechanic

Reaction score

I have a 2021 2500 tradesman I want to swap the halogens to LED since the light quality and distance is horrible

I can swap my stock lights to the mid level LED lights without needing adapter harness or AlfaOBD and it is plug and play?

If I want to swap to the Adaptive (moving light) I would need your custom harness and an AlfaOBD to change BCM to allow for this, along with the re-pin at CANBUS

Jimmy07, can you PM me pricing for your harness for the Adaptive lights without fog light?

Does anyone have part #'s for the non-adaptive (mid-level) lights in night edition. @MooneyFWD I assume these are what you swapped to?
From another post from Jimmy it looks like these are the correct part #'s for the night edition LED light without the adaptive feature.
Left- 68360179AC
Right- 68360178AC

Does anyone have part #'s for the adaptive (top-level) lights in night edition?

You will still need AlfaOBD to swap from the halogens to the reflector LEDs

01Time

Reaction score

I can swap my stock lights to the mid level LED lights without needing adapter harness or AlfaOBD and it is plug and play?

Left- 68360179AC
Right- 68360178AC

Does anyone have part #'s for the adaptive (top-level) lights in night edition?

Part#DescriptionTypeColor
68360 176ACRIGHT [LME], [MFP]HALOGEN QUAD HEADLAMPSCHROME HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 177ACLEFT [LME], [MFP]HALOGEN QUAD HEADLAMPSCHROME HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 178ACRIGHT [LPX], [MFA]LED REFLECTOR HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 179ACLEFT [LPX], [MFA]LED REFLECTOR HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 180ACRIGHT [LPX], [MFP]LED REFLECTOR HEADLAMPSCHROME HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 181ACLEFT [LPX], [MFP]LED REFLECTOR HEADLAMPSCHROME HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 182ABRIGHT [LM6], [MFA]HIGH-LEVEL SIGNATURE LED DIRECTIONAL HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 183ABLEFT [LM6], [MFA]HIGH-LEVEL SIGNATURE LED DIRECTIONAL HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 184ADRIGHT [LM6], [MFP]HIGH-LEVEL SIGNATURE LED DIRECTIONAL HEADLAMPSCHROME HEADLAMP BEZELS
68360 185ADLEFT [LM6], [MFP]HIGH-LEVEL SIGNATURE LED DIRECTIONAL HEADLAMPSCHROME HEADLAMP BEZELS
68406 276ACRIGHT [LME], [MFA]HALOGEN QUAD HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS
68406 277ACLEFT [LME], [MFA]HALOGEN QUAD HEADLAMPSBLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS

Catmechanic

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, do you happen to know if the harness will work between the 2?
The reflector LEDs will plug right in, you only need AlfaOBD to activate the correct codes in the BCM. The adaptive motion projector LEDs require an adapter harness 1) because the lower trim truck harness is 12-pin and the projector headlights are 16-pin, and 2) they need steering signal input to know when/what degree to move the beams.

Also, there is no "re-pinning" the canbus. Jimmy's harness has two wires that insert into a single connector, then plug into the bus block. It also has a wire that connects to the relay center on the driver's fender to get power for the adaptive motors.

welderjay

Reaction score
The reflector LEDs will plug right in, you only need AlfaOBD to activate the correct codes in the BCM. The adaptive motion projector LEDs require an adapter harness 1) because the lower trim truck harness is 12-pin and the projector headlights are 16-pin, and 2) they need steering signal input to know when/what degree to move the beams.

Also, there is no "re-pinning" the canbus. Jimmy's harness has two wires that insert into a single connector, then plug into the bus block. It also has a wire that connects to the relay center on the driver's fender to get power for the adaptive motors.
Awesome. Do you know the BCM code so that I could have my dealer add it so I wouldn't need the AlfaOBD?

welderjay

Reaction score
Does not work that way for adding other extras usually
I only ask because I was able to add remote start at the dealer by having them add the BCM code and program the FOB, and would prefer to not have to use AlfaOBD if possible as I would also need an OBD splitter as I have a OBD device plugged in already

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Awesome. Do you know the BCM code so that I could have my dealer add it so I wouldn't need the AlfaOBD?
LPX is the sales code for the reflector LED headlights, and LM6 is the sales code for the adaptive LED projector headlights. Those sales codes won’t be available to add to your truck, though. You can call them to ask to verify, and you can ask the service manager to call the area rep to see if stellantis will add it to your VIN, but the answer is usually no. The reason remote start sales code was available is because mopar offers it as a kit that can be added later.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I only ask because I was able to add remote start at the dealer by having them add the BCM code and program the FOB, and would prefer to not have to use AlfaOBD if possible as I would also need an OBD splitter as I have a OBD device plugged in already
You don't need to keep the obd link plugged in so no splitter needed also the bypass cable would allow you to plug your obd device in to it

Users who are viewing this thread