Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

How do you feel about it?

• Love it! It's a life saver!

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I hate it! Get rid of it.

Votes: 110 33.5%
  • I'd like the option to disable it.

Votes: 213 64.9%

• Total voters

mountainears

Reaction score
If you can remember to hold the key against the glass why don’t you just leave the key on the center console and not do a monkey dance?

As stated many times in this thread, the issue is getting out with the key in your pocket and forgetting it’s there. None of the “fixes” work with that.
What “fixes” are you referring to that don’t fix the triple honk?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
If I leave the truck running with a fob in it, the elec door lock button does nothing. I have to push each door lock down by hand. Past vehicles have locked all the doors then the driver's door lock pops back up. Pretty easy to just push that one back down then shut the door.

You are correct. I must have been thinking of the 2018 and hasn’t tried it on the 2022 yet.

What “fixes” are you referring to that don’t fix the triple honk?

All of the ones I’ve seen require you to remember to do something to avoid the honk, to me that’s not a fix as it usually only happens when I forget about the fob.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You are correct. I must have been thinking of the 2018 and hasn’t tried it on the 2022 yet.

All of the ones I’ve seen require you to remember to do something to avoid the honk, to me that’s not a fix as it usually only happens when I forget about the fob.
Mountainears solution is the one true passive solution, where it’s as if the three horn honk feature doesn’t exist, and you don’t have to take action to prevent it (after you initially implement the solution).

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Mountainears solution is the one true passive solution, where it’s as if the three horn honk feature doesn’t exist, and you don’t have to take action to prevent it (after you initially implement the solution).

I guess I’ll need to look at it again.

mountainears

Reaction score
Don’t have one, but the wires are there for it.
VSIM module is relatively inexpensive. The most expensive part of the solution is your time, in the end it isn’t really too bad if you’re handy with that sort of stuff.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Saga continues. I just completed a 1700 mile trip and of course, in and out of the truck many times so I left one of the fobs laying in the console. Most times it didn't honk at me when exiting the truck. But.....a few times it decided to go ahead and honk anyway. Engine off, doors locked.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Saga continues. I just completed a 1700 mile trip and of course, in and out of the truck many times so I left one of the fobs laying in the console. Most times it didn't honk at me when exiting the truck. But.....a few times it decided to go ahead and honk anyway. Engine off, doors locked.

The engine off honk is not the same, that’s because you tried to lock the truck with a fob inside. The truck unlocks and lets you know.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
The engine off honk is not the same, that’s because you tried to lock the truck with a fob inside. The truck unlocks and lets you know.
Fair enough but it only does it part of the time. That's more what I was getting at with my latest post. It's not consistent. And the truck didn't unlock. It stays locked. The gremlins running around in this truck's software are unparalleled, imo.

JimmyZ

Reaction score
I totally agree with the others that say it should be able to turn off and on by the owner. I also don’t like that if you auto start the truck th horn beeps twice. I also don’t like that when it is hot outside and you use the auto start feature the drivers side seat fan is on low and you have to push the button to turn it off and then push again to put it on high.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Can we start a class action for hearing loss? -_-

I’ve blasted my ears unintentionally getting in and out when I am on the move, they need to update this!

MobyDick

Reaction score
Don’t want to jinx myself but for 2 days now I have gotten the 3 horn bs when leaving keys in truck. 3 times this morning keys were left in truck with no horn. Same thing yesterday

Ironsides77

Reaction score
Don’t want to jinx myself but for 2 days now I have gotten the 3 horn bs when leaving keys in truck. 3 times this morning keys were left in truck with no horn. Same thing yesterday
I’ll try it soon and let you know!

deanfx

Reaction score
Every time I get out of my truck at a convenience store and leave it running and the horn beeps, I feel like an ******* because of this :D

Clayinfl

Reaction score
I was hooking up my camper yesterday and my neighbor was looking at me like I was crazy every time I got out . Finally just left the door open.

Users who are viewing this thread