Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In floor storgage

MSundet

Reaction score
I crawled under my truck shortly after I bought it hoping to add the storage containers, the mega's don't have the cutouts.

Dang !!! Such a cool feature to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squatch

Reaction score
Any update on this? The parts numbers for the lid box and trim are pretty hard to come by. I think I am going to have to track down a junk yard. Looks like just a few screws to remove it. They want about $150 per side on eBay for all the parts involved. That is too steep for me for a bunch of plastic.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
The bin for each side consists of 3 parts, and the part numbers are the same for both sides. They are the same from 2013-2020, so it’ll be way cheaper to grab them from a wrecked truck.
Bin body-68154661AC
Bin insert- 1MG92XXXAA
Lid- 5LF14XDVAB
These are the hex head bolts that bolt the bin to the floor, 4 total- M8x1.25, 25mm long.
These are the pan head screws with washers that bolt the lid to the floor, 8 total- M6x1.00, 42mm long.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
they're the same on both sides i'm assuming, so you need 2x of everything..?

Squatch

Reaction score
The bin for each side consists of 3 parts, and the part numbers are the same for both sides. They are the same from 2013-2020, so it’ll be way cheaper to grab them from a wrecked truck.
Bin body-68154661AC
Bin insert- 1MG92XXXAA
Lid- 5LF14XDVAB
These are the hex head bolts that bolt the bin to the floor, 4 total- M8x1.25, 25mm long.
These are the pan head screws with washers that bolt the lid to the floor, 8 total- M6x1.00, 42mm long.
Badass, thank you

g00fy

Reaction score
I bought a used set of complete Bins off ebay for $90. I added them to my tradesman, it was pretty easy, you just have to be comfortable cutting the carpet. Otherwise those block off plates are bolted and silicone down, so i unbolted them, scored the silicone with a razor, and popped out the plates.

g00fy

Reaction score

g00fy

Reaction score
got a full set delivered today. may give it a go this wknd.

The hardest part is cutting the carpet / insulation because you're just cutting blind, and I wasn't 100% sure if the edge of the bins was supposed to cover JUST carpet, or if it was supposed to squish down the carpet AND insulation.

To help give me starting point for cutting, i popped the black plastic plugs up into the cab which made some little humps in the carpet to give me a better idea where to start with the razor.

floor panel.jpg

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
ah okay nice. I'll take it out to the shop, my buddy has a '19 limited that we'll use for reference. hopefully that will make it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread