Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In floor storgage

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sorry for the tread revival but great info here, my buddy has a 19 1500 with the bins he does not want so i am transplanting them in to mine thankfully i have his truck to measure off of for the carpet cuts

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I hope you find good use for them. I ended up not using them, mainly due to being odd sized and I aint gonna pull up the 1pc mat everything I need access. it's a great idea for sure.

el_barto

Reaction score
I hope you find good use for them. I ended up not using them, mainly due to being odd sized and I aint gonna pull up the 1pc mat everything I need access. it's a great idea for sure.
I like mine for emergency supplies…spare quart of oil, funnel, small tool kit, jump start pack, etc. Not stuff I’m accessing on the regular, but there if I need it.

jsalbre

Reaction score
My emergency roadside stuff (flares, reflective vest), and some backup trailering gear and recovery shackles live in mine.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mainly small ratchet straps and some other stuff thats currently under my back seat

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I keep all that under the seat. do yall run the 1pc rear mat?

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
If i had the split seat i would since i removed my cross bed tool box i need a bit more interior storage. I do have the one piece mat but its no biggy lifting the side up enough to get in the box

Keep a 938 among other stuff in mine, the Weathertech hides the box a bit so like it that way.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not bad job took about an hour transplanting the bins from the one truck to mine and putting the block off plates on the other truck. I will have to adjust the amount of foam under my carpet to have them sit perfectly but thats a tomorrow morning job.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
nice. I had to trim the foam for the same reason, but you'll get em flush. those block off plates were a bear.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
nice. I had to trim the foam for the same reason, but you'll get em flush. those block off plates were a bear.
I did not find them that bad luckily. The only issue i see is i will have to move my seat forward to open the drivers side bin because the lid hits the seat

g00fy

Reaction score
Sorry for the tread revival but great info here, my buddy has a 19 1500 with the bins he does not want so i am transplanting them in to mine thankfully i have his truck to measure off of for the carpet cuts
Was this a 1500 classic or a 5th gen? I thought the bins were different on the 5th gens.

Also I use the bin behind my driver seat for storing my gooseneck ball and safety chain puck things. Don't remember what I have in the other bin, the heavy ram floor mat I put in the back makes it a bit of a pain to get into the bins and I've always got the flat floor things folded out for my dog.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Was this a 1500 classic or a 5th gen? I thought the bins were different on the 5th gens.

Also I use the bin behind my driver seat for storing my gooseneck ball and safety chain puck things. Don't remember what I have in the other bin, the heavy ram floor mat I put in the back makes it a bit of a pain to get into the bins and I've always got the flat floor things folded out for my dog.
Classic 4th gen

BadKarma

Reaction score
Did this today, it was 112 outside so the sweat kept filling up my glasses since I was looking down while cutting everything. I used some sealant around the bucket/floor pan. Probably going to go around it and the piece that goes around the bucket just as a cya due to having trust issues. 1st one took about 30 minutes, the other side was about 10 minutes. Scraped up the silicone that was around the dummy plate. To ensure a clean fit with new silicone

Users who are viewing this thread