Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In floor storgage

g00fy

Reaction score
Looks good, did you tear out the foam that would've been crushed under the edges or did you leave it in? Also did you put any extra sealer around it under the truck?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I was pretty anal about trimming everything to fit snug. I did use rtv to reseal the bucket to the floor pan.

Red_Duck

Reaction score
Just confirming that the Mega cab 2500's do NOT have the cut out panel So this thread is only for the crew cabs?. Such a shame, I really liked these in my 1500.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
ah, wasn't aware of that. wonder why mega's don't have the blank.

Last edited:

Zeroday

Reaction score
Probably a different rear floor pan mold since the cab there is different, so they didn't bother putting them in since it's not an option.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
oh, it's not even an option on a mega... had no idea. I guess with all the space behind the seat you don't need any more storage.

side bar - I go to colorado often for golf in the summer and snowmobiles in winter. took a friend's mega dually up there one trip. I never paid attention or owned a mc to see how much space was back there, but my 14 club set and bag fit no problem. I was amazed.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I used these storage bins for cargo straps. Out of the way yet easily available when needed. Something to add to my 2020 3500 Tradesman.

Reaction score
oh, it's not even an option on a mega... had no idea. I guess with all the space behind the seat you don't need any more storage.

side bar - I go to colorado often for golf in the summer and snowmobiles in winter. took a friend's mega dually up there one trip. I never paid attention or owned a mc to see how much space was back there, but my 14 club set and bag fit no problem. I was amazed.
I thought when you said "Colorado" , those bins were going to come in handy for what the state has now to offer! A stash for your stash.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
While this is slightly off-topic (since it isn't about installing the storage boxes) I was wondering what people have done who have both the boxes as well as the Mopar all-weather floor mats? There is no easy way to get to the box with the floor mat installed, since they have to be unbuttoned and then folded up. I was thinking of either making two slits in the mats to allow a flap to be folded up, or cutting a hole in the mat to allow access, possibly trying to tuck the mat under the frame of the box. Anyone tried anything like this?

g00fy

Reaction score
While this is slightly off-topic (since it isn't about installing the storage boxes) I was wondering what people have done who have both the boxes as well as the Mopar all-weather floor mats? There is no easy way to get to the box with the floor mat installed, since they have to be unbuttoned and then folded up. I was thinking of either making two slits in the mats to allow a flap to be folded up, or cutting a hole in the mat to allow access, possibly trying to tuck the mat under the frame of the box. Anyone tried anything like this?

I have the mopar all weather mats, i just pull them up when i gotta get in the box. It's not that bad, worst thing for me is i always have the fold flat floor extended for my 4 legged co-pilot & his bed, and all that stuff is a PITA to shove outta the way when i gotta get in there quick.

mikestanley464

Reaction score
  1. use painters tape to mark floor before cutting. Decide Where the Compartments Will Go. ...
  2. use circular saw to make first cut at middle mark. Cut Out the Sections of Flooring. ...
  3. box insert is secured at corners with butt joint. Build the Box Inserts. ... omegle bluestacks
  4. attach boxes to floor joists with wood screws. Attach Hardware to the Lids.

Last edited:

AFF

Reaction score
I soooo wanted these boxes on my '09 1500. I have them on my 2019 but can't use them because We have a dog bed in the truck and legs sit right on the lids.

Mike67

Reaction score
One of the things I miss in my 19 Tradesman that I had in my 11 1500 Big Horn is the in floor storage bins. While under the truck installing running boards this weekend, I saw this ( see photo) So this could be an easy install of the storage? Anyone know whats involved and/or have part numbers for the storage bins? Might there be a kit? Thanks in aL

Mike67

Reaction score
One of the things I miss in my 19 Tradesman that I had in my 11 1500 Big Horn is the in floor storage bins. While under the truck installing running boards this weekend, I saw this ( see photo) So this could be an easy install of the storage? Anyone know whats involved and/or have part numbers for the storage bins? Might there be a kit? Thanks in advance!
Looked into it and just too pricey for me. Here's the link of all the parts required. https://www.oepartsmart.com/v-2020-...8-gas/interior-trim--rear-storage-compartment

Users who are viewing this thread