Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Jimmy07 - I'd be interested in your solution as well if you don't mind PM'ing it over. We have several long trips coming up next year and I would hate to find my truck stolen being 1000 miles from home!
I just bought it from @Jimmy07. I didn't want the hassle of sourcing all the parts and he did a great job assembling it.

Nick

Reaction score
Just get a badass dog ! Have it sleep In your truck .That will defiantly keep thieves away !

SImifast

Reaction score
I need more info for sure. I had my 2023 3500 dually with lots of extras stolen from the Burbank airport. Took them no time at all and drove it right out and last I tracked it it was in Tijuana. I live in my 5th wheel traveling so it has been a big issue. Taking forever to get paid and for not the full value. I learned lots from insurance LOL. A club would do nothing, maybe some kill switches but interested in what Jimmy has.

Husker1972

Reaction score
I uploaded a rather lengthy post about 8 months ago on this thread. At that time I was anticipating the arrival of a new 2500 and was exploring options for providing it with better than OEM security. Well, Stellantis took so long to deliver I cancelled the order (it had been built awaiting transport at the factory for 3 1/2 months, but that's another story). I ended up buying a used 2500 but was still concerned about the possibility of theft. I have no doubt that my insurance would pay for a replacement in the event of a theft, but that doesn't factor in the inconvenience of not having the truck available when needed. I pull a travel trailer and I can only imagine the hassle of dealing with a theft while on the road, or getting close to heading out on a long trip. So, I opted for a Ravelco. There's a separate thread on this anti-theft device so I won't go into any detail. It's not cheap and there may be other effective alternatives (several discussed on this thread), but, ultimately, the Revelco bought me peace of mind and I'm happy with the purchase.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I need more info for sure. I had my 2023 3500 dually with lots of extras stolen from the Burbank airport. Took them no time at all and drove it right out and last I tracked it it was in Tijuana. I live in my 5th wheel traveling so it has been a big issue. Taking forever to get paid and for not the full value. I learned lots from insurance LOL. A club would do nothing, maybe some kill switches but interested in what Jimmy has.
Direct message @Jimmy07 and he can give you more information. I installed it in mine and feel confident that while nothing is absolutey theft proof, the thieves will pick an easier target. I also use a club and a brake pedal lock. To prevent them cloning your fob, disable the passive entry in the truck and keep your fob in a Faraday bag when not using the truck.

ppine

Reaction score
the main thing is to be careful where you park them. I went on a drift boat trip recently to No California. I left the Ram at home and took an old Jeep to leave parked by the highway with out of state plates for several day.

John Jensen

Reaction score
the main thing is to be careful where you park them. I went on a drift boat trip recently to No California. I left the Ram at home and took an old Jeep to leave parked by the highway with out of state plates for several day.
Where I live they would rather steal that Jeep, not the Ram 20-action-chicken dancing.gif

Users who are viewing this thread