Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

GILWILLIAMS

Reaction score
I’m running out of the patience I never had playing the waiting game. My truck has been built and sitting there staged for delivery for 1.5 weeks.....
I just can’t get the damn thing out of Mexico........

orlando bull

Reaction score
I’m running out of the patience I never had playing the waiting game. My truck has been built and sitting there staged for delivery for 1.5 weeks.....
I just can’t get the damn thing out of Mexico........
I feel ya. I don't have a build date yet and I am seeing them show up on the lots. Going to try to avoid stopping by to take a peek.

Don-T

Reaction score
I am now waiting for shipping as of yesterday. I hope no more than three weeks.

smh310

Reaction score
My truck just went from D to D1 status. Should i have a build date soon?

tastysuds

Reaction score
My truck just went from D to D1 status. Should i have a build date soon?

I ordered my truck on 3/1. On 3/8 I went to the dealer to give them a check, at that time they printed out a sheet that had my VON, VIN and a shipping date of 3/22 and a D1 status. So my truck took less than 7 days to get a Vin and a D1 status with a shipping date. I called Ram and checked on the status of the truck on Friday 3/15. They said it is D1 and still had a shipping date of 3/22. I don't know how forward Ram is with info.

smh310

Reaction score
Status so far:
2019 2500 Laramie Mega 6.7 Black
2/25 - ordered
2/28 - D status
3/15 - D1 status

Does it take long to go from D1 to a build date?

GILWILLIAMS

Reaction score
Guys, don’t let me bust your bubble, but the shipping date is like going to a professional skeet shooting contest wearing a blindfold. Helen Keller has a better shot at giving us a accurate shipping date than FCA.
They receive order, assign VIN and build them pretty quick, but getting them on the train? That’s a whole different story

Last edited:

tastysuds

Reaction score
Guys, don’t let me bust your bubble, but the shipping date is like going to a professional skeet shooting contest wearing a blindfold. Helen Keller has a better shot at giving us a accurate shipping date than FCA.
They receive order, assign VIN and build them pretty quick, but getting them on the train? That’s a whole different story
I'm sure dates change along the way all the time but I am trying to plan out the next few months as far as transportation. Originally I was told they are running about 12 weeks from order date until delivery. I thought that was excessive compared to vehicles I had ordered in the past. I am without a truck in less than 2 weeks. I figured up to 3 weeks for delivery so if I know it was built and/or shipped, I could get a better handle on things. But with no way of tracking it short of trying to go to the dealership.... I have to rely on the fellow Ram owners here to make a best guest estimate. I REALLY prefer to order my trucks to my liking but sometimes, in a moment of weakness, I buy off the lot. And for that, I pay the waiting game price for an ordered truck. So any and all input is welcomed!!! No bubble burst.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I'm sure dates change along the way all the time but I am trying to plan out the next few months as far as transportation. Originally I was told they are running about 12 weeks from order date until delivery. I thought that was excessive compared to vehicles I had ordered in the past. I am without a truck in less than 2 weeks. I figured up to 3 weeks for delivery so if I know it was built and/or shipped, I could get a better handle on things. But with no way of tracking it short of trying to go to the dealership.... I have to rely on the fellow Ram owners here to make a best guest estimate. I REALLY prefer to order my trucks to my liking but sometimes, in a moment of weakness, I buy off the lot. And for that, I pay the waiting game price for an ordered truck. So any and all input is welcomed!!! No bubble burst.

I hope it comes in quickly for you... I was feeling some weakness this morning myself. Our family is growing and I was looking at 1500s thinking it would have more room and may be better, but, the reason I am going to an HD is for towing safety and I can't risk it still being a concern every time I load up the family to go camping. The sooner these trucks get in the sooner our decision making is taken away!

tastysuds

Reaction score
I hope it comes in quickly for you... I was feeling some weakness this morning myself. Our family is growing and I was looking at 1500s thinking it would have more room and may be better, but, the reason I am going to an HD is for towing safety and I can't risk it still being a concern every time I load up the family to go camping. The sooner these trucks get in the sooner our decision making is taken away!
I am in the process of getting rid of my 2017 1500. I thought it would be able to handle my family and what we do but it didn't feel right towing. So I ordered a Power Wagon. We take a few quads and dirtbikes on a trailer, yes the 1500 can pull it but I miss the shear heft of the 2500 and it will do an easier pull, hopefully taking me out of the right lane all the time. I had a 2001 Chevy 2500 HD, was a tank.... Had an 8.1 liter gas with an Alison trans.... couldn't fit the family in it anymore. Tried the Ram 1500..... now going for the 2500. Hold off and get the 2500. I wish I had.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
She was in Belment IL this morning. Getting closer. I did however drive a 2500 6.7 Bighorn today. All I can say is wow! Air from fan blade is louder than engine. Quiet is an understatement for road noise. I chuckle at reviews that say it’s “ok” for a truck. Those guys have never owned a pre 4.5 Cummins. Need I say I’m on the edge of my seat?

Woodworker

Reaction score
You are keeping me right there with you. I can almost smell that new car/truck scent as it gets closer. Getting very anxious. Thanks again!

smh310

Reaction score
Dealer emailed me today and said estimated shipping date of 4/1

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
You are keeping me right there with you. I can almost smell that new car/truck scent as it gets closer. Getting very anxious. Thanks again!
She made it to Oakwwod, MI last night. I feel a stalling coming! Hope not but I’m a realist!

GILWILLIAMS

Reaction score
I came so close to giving up on my 19 Bighorn getting here and dealer trading in a 18 Limited today. First I located the truck, then called the dealer to see if we could have it, then my sales manager didn’t come to work today, then my FCA area manager showed up, my day went straight to hell, I’m now on vacation for 4 days borrowing a truck to pull our toy hauler, have a case of Michelob Ultra in toy hauler and I’m going to relax and quit logging into the sales tab of dealer connect every 5 minutes looking for my 19 truck.....
It’s now time to forget about trucks, customers that own trucks and what I do for a living until next week. Lol

Congrats to all those that have great news!!!

tastysuds

Reaction score
I came so close to giving up on my 19 Bighorn getting here and dealer trading in a 18 Limited today. First I located the truck, then called the dealer to see if we could have it, then my sales manager didn’t come to work today, then my FCA area manager showed up, my day went straight to hell, I’m now on vacation for 4 days borrowing a truck to pull our toy hauler, have a case of Michelob Ultra in toy hauler and I’m going to relax and quit logging into the sales tab of dealer connect every 5 minutes looking for my 19 truck.....
It’s now time to forget about trucks, customers that own trucks and what I do for a living until next week. Lol

Congrats to all those that have great news!!!

Enjoy the down time. Hopefully 4 days will make a difference.

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
Ok, she made it to Detroit North yard last night. Now the real struggle! We have a power wagon that has sat for 9 days and hasn’t updated. Hoping she keeps moving!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
One nice thing about the Precision Schedule Railroading (or whatever name the are calling it...ours calls it Clean Sheeting) is that they are trying everything they can to limit Dwell time...the problem is they also cut crews and power. Hope theyget toyou guys as soon as possible.

I am ready to hear more stories and see more people do what @hutchman has done and start a story about the trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread