Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
Ordered 02/09, 02/19 vin assigned, 02/26 built, 02/26 utlimaster for bed liner, 02/27 returned to factory for shipping, KZ status 02/28, staged for shipping 03/06, shipped 03/06, eta at Jefferson plant in Detroit 03/22. I was told 2 weeks to ship via train and that’s what it looks like!

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Not Scheduled yet
BA New order that hasn't been checked BB review by fleet department
BD special equipment processing
BE edit error
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable
BX passed edit available for schedule ZA Canceled
Scheduled:
C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
Assembly Line:
E frame
F paint
G trim
Assembly Completed:
I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced Shipping Status:
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ-P - Arrived Ship - Thru Body Vendor KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction
B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes, Finance is checking to make sure the dealer has all their ducks in a row, etc.
C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the truck. I am not sure of all the details on this state yet so I can't comment further.
D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.
D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.
E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your truck is built.
I - Inspection. Your truck goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
JB - Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.
JS - Storage. Some of you call this "Prison". I like to think of it as QA trying to ensure you get what you expected. Typically if something happens or is found in the I step (or even a previous step), it goes here to get checked and fixed. A panel looks off color, a part on your truck was in the same batch as a bunch of failed parts, a light doesn't turn on, etc will all cause the truck to get sent here for a detailed inspection and fix. Another reason it can end up here is either the dealer has asked to have the trucked delayed (it has a full lot and can only handle so many) or it has a special event coming up. Typically that isn't done on a sold order. It can also end up here at the start of a model year where production is ramping up but the vehicle has not be released (or certified) for shipment. KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment". The first means it is in the general shipping yard waiting to be pulled to be put on a truck and/or train. The second means it has been pulled to be put on a truck and/or train but it hasn't actually got on the truck or train yet. There are a ton of substatuses here to track the status of the vehicle as it makes its way through the shipping system.
KZX is the only one that you really care about as that means it was delivered to the dealer.

smh310

Reaction score
How long has everyone been in D and D1 status? Right now I am at 12 days for D status. What stage will I have a build date?

tastysuds

Reaction score
I am in D1 last time I checked a few days ago which is for an order I put in on 3/1. But my sheet also said I have a shipping date of 3/22. Last time I checked they said shipping date of 3/21.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I am in D1 last time I checked a few days ago which is for an order I put in on 3/1. But my sheet also said I have a shipping date of 3/22. Last time I checked they said shipping date of 3/21.
Who gave you a shipping date? Dealer or Ram?

I've been D status since Monday, order accepted 3/4.

Correction, according to ram chat, I have been in D status for 5 days... they said the most it will stay in D is 30-days.

Last edited:

tastysuds

Reaction score
I ordered on 3/1, then went back to the dealership and left a deposit a few days later. They printed out a sheet that said I was D1 with the shipping date of 3/22 and a VIN. I called ram a few days later and they confirmed that I was D1 and that I have a shipping date of 3/21

crzysnake137

Reaction score
I’m still d1, apparently the dealer told me a build date of 3-18 so we will see. Ordered on 2-12

smh310

Reaction score
I ordered on 3/1, then went back to the dealership and left a deposit a few days later. They printed out a sheet that said I was D1 with the shipping date of 3/22 and a VIN. I called ram a few days later and they confirmed that I was D1 and that I have a shipping date of 3/21
What did u order? Curious to know if
certain models are faster than others. I ordered 2500 mega Laramie. Ordered on 2/25. Been D status for 12 days

Jazdad2007

Reaction score
As of 3/15 @ 6:37pm she was sitting in Oklahoma City, OK. This cross country train trip is killing me! FCA still says 3/24 ramp arrival in Detroit @ 7am. Fingers crossed.

tastysuds

Reaction score
When I called yesterday, Ram care said it is still in D1. I don't know how many days it takes on assembly but the shipping date is still either 3/21 or 3/22. I don't think they can build it in 6 days. Unless Ram care is not offering up info.

Woodworker

Reaction score
As of 3/15 @ 6:37pm she was sitting in Oklahoma City, OK. This cross country train trip is killing me! FCA still says 3/24 ramp arrival in Detroit @ 7am. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update! I probably need to add 3 - 5 days to truck it to my dealer in the UP but it is getting closer.

orlando bull

Reaction score
I'm jealous. I just did a ram chat, still in D status according to Randy, no build scheduled yet. There is a similarly equipped truck about an hour from me at this point... the wait is going to be tough if something more to my liking shows up close by on the lot. Fortunately the closer one isn't that similar, so, I am not tempted on it. I need to see some progress to help with the wait!

I did a search on cars.com for nationwide, just looking for photos of what my truck will look like (blue streak sport), I really like it, so, that may keep my anxiety at bay if another color shows up. If you are looking for a specific color combo, you may be able to find something at this point.

@tastysuds I think the build times are only like 3 days, then maybe another 1-2 days for body accessories (steps, bedliner, etc). It very well could be done. I don't think they are talking about building the whole truck, they probably are constantly producing the frame/engine combos, so, they pick it up from there, add your accessories, paint, and they are done. I've been checking in on the 5thgenrams forums order tracking and most of the 1500s are looking like 2-3 day builds for the people that have the detailed status. Don't lose hope yet! Having said that, I ordered about the same time, so, I am hoping your info is correct and mine gets on a similar track.

chesafreak

Reaction score
When I called yesterday, Ram care said it is still in D1. I don't know how many days it takes on assembly but the shipping date is still either 3/21 or 3/22. I don't think they can build it in 6 days. Unless Ram care is not offering up info.
My 16 1500 was built in like a day it seemed. The problem was i got a spray in bedliner and that took over a week from what i remember to get done. So if you have any other accessories going on then expect some more waiting time. Maybe the 2500s do it all in one shot but the 1500s didnt.

There was a guy at ramforumz.com doing the lords work giving updates on statuses of peoples trucks at the time. He had access to the system working for Fiat i assume. Looks like he is gone now.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
My 16 1500 was built in like a day it seemed. The problem was i got a spray in bedliner and that took over a week from what i remember to get done. So if you have any other accessories going on then expect some more waiting time. Maybe the 2500s do it all in one shot but the 1500s didnt.

There was a guy at ramforumz.com doing the lords work giving updates on statuses of peoples trucks at the time. He had access to the system working for Fiat i assume. Looks like he is gone now.
Just going to put this out, the full details can be read from looking at the different forums.

Order tracking was offered by a few websites.

FCA cracked down on it and those websites no longer offer it.

It always struck me as odd, also, that anyone could get the train info, as after 9-11 that had become homeland security and even us railroaders had a difficult time accessing that info.

So, yes orders used to be able to be tracked, but FCA took offense to it,so hopefully you get a helpful dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread