Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Zinga

Reaction score
QUESTION:

If a dealer tells you the order is " in the system " how long should it take for the order to create a VIN.

Thanks
My VON was created late in the evening on a Friday night and the VIN was created early, the following morning on Saturday.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not see that picture, but I am very sure no 2500s, but maybe 1500s, but doubtful.

No way that I know of to be sure though

jakebrake

Reaction score
3500 Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4, 6.7 HO , Pearl White / RV Walnut Brown

got a call from my salesman today:

ordered 7-3-19
D-1 7-11-19 ( with a estimated ship date of 7-15-19 )

Checked today and I have KZ with a ETA of 8-3-19
looks like everything is going smooth to this point.

Last edited:

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I could not be more disappointed in the customer service from RAM and @RamCares. My truck was KZ on 5/27, yet still waiting and no one is able to figure out what is going on. The 30 day maximum a truck can stay in the same status is a joke. Even after "escalating" my case on 6/17, I have received no actual information or help. Just a bunch of fluff from RAM. Seriously considering cancelling my order at this point.

*** e-mail address and last name deleted for privacy. No other changes to the below threads***
Im dealing with this same issue.....a Limited as well. Mine has been sitting ready to ship for over 10 days. No one is of any help with the matter.

arwright

Reaction score
Im dealing with this same issue.....a Limited as well. Mine has been sitting ready to ship for over 10 days. No one is of any help with the matter.

Hopefully yours doesn't getting forgotten about for to long. I still have not received any help or information from anyone including @RamCares. I am now 50 days since it went KZ with no shipment.

Tccracer

Reaction score
Ordered mine on 5/20 and was contacted by the dealer that mine is at the dealership. Still needs to be cleaned up. I pick it up next Friday as it is about 5hrs away.

When the dealership sent me the paperwork, on 6/28 they included an Arbitration agreement which would require me to give up any right to sue them but required arbitration. I told the dealership that I would still buy the truck but wouldn't sign the agreement. They told me they sell about 200 cars a month and everyone the past 10 years signs it, even those who seek legal advice and Attorneys themselves. They refused to sell me the truck so I guess I will look around and decide what to do next.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Hopefully yours doesn't getting forgotten about for to long. I still have not received any help or information from anyone including @RamCares. I am now 50 days since it went KZ with no shipment.
I got an update today from the dealer. They told me it should arrive in a rail yard about 50 miles away on 8/2 and then be at the dealer by 8/3 or 8/4.

jakebrake

Reaction score
I forgot to update
Ordered 5/25
Arrived at dealer in conway, Ar 6/30
It was surprisingly quick!
my order is almost like yours, maybe I'll get mine in 35 days. Beauty, I know your happy

Chriuus

Reaction score
my order is almost like yours, maybe I'll get mine in 35 days. Beauty, I know your happy
I love it. My only issue so far is that the air ride seemed really bouncy on concrete roads at 75mph even at 60psi in the rear tires. I just dropped down to 50psi and I think that helped quite a bit. Hopefully you didn't make the mistake I did and add backup alarm. The picture on the ram website looked like backup sensors and I wasn't paying attention. When I got the truck they were like, "this is the first truck we've ordered with a backup alarm". Luckily it can be turned off in the cluster.
The interior on the longhorn is so much better than I realized it would be!

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
3500 Big Horn CCSB, 6.7L non HO
6/18 – Order placed
6/25 – D
6/25 – VIN
7/8 – KZ - Vehicle has been approved for shipment but shipment arrangements have not yet been completed. No ETA was provided as of yet.
7/8 – Build sheet and Window Sticker available online
7/10 – Visible on Dealer Website price of $58,051
7/12 – KZ – Awaiting shipment, no ETA on delivery to the dealer yet.
7/16 – KZ – Awaiting shipment, no ETA on delivery to the dealer yet.
7/19 – KZ – In transit to dealer, no ETA released from the shipping company (per Ram Chat)

It's getting closer!

Users who are viewing this thread