Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

orlando bull

Reaction score
I'm KZ status too as of today.

Dealer called and left me a vm after I posted, but, they said 1-2 weeks for delivery... not sure if it's true, but, I know Orlando is a rail hub, so, maybe shipping will be somewhat fast here.

Going to order my tonneau cover tomorrow I think.

Last edited:

RAM20193500

Reaction score
Alright, I'll join the party:

4/08/19 - Order Entered
4/11/19 - VIN Delivered by Dealer
4/11/19 - D Status (Provided by Chat)

I'm like most of you, I'm going to blow up this computer checking status!!

texas.yankee

Reaction score
What did you order?

2500 LONGHORN MEGA CAB 4X4
2HK Customer Preferred Package
6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
DG7 6-Spd Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Delmonico Red Pearl Coat
Monotone Paint
Premium Leather Bucket Seats
Black/Cattle Tan
Protection Group
Safety Group
5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep
Bed Step - Deployable
Chrome Tow Hooks
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
Auxiliary Switches - I/P Mounted
Dual Alternators Rated at 440 Amps
Power Sunroof
Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group
Clearance Lamps
Towing Technology Group
LT275/70R18E OWl On/Off Road Tires

orlando bull

Reaction score
Alright, I'll join the party:

4/08/19 - Order Entered
4/11/19 - VIN Delivered by Dealer
4/11/19 - D Status (Provided by Chat)

I'm like most of you, I'm going to blow up this computer checking status!!

Pro-tips...

1. Be nice to them, some will give more info than others, but, they're doing what they are trained to do

2. Lead them a bit. My dealer gave me a shipping date, which turned out to be a build date. I didn't tell them I knew that through 2-3 interactions. When I finally did, they gave me some more info like, "the date in the system is usually a week of thing, not specific". That was after I said... 'my dealer told me...'

3. Confirm your status... Educate yourself, they won't say "you're D1", they'll tell you that "your parts are available and are being allocated" or something similar, I would always follow with, 'so, that's D1 then?'

I have hit them up a lot, they have always been nice. Oh, be prepared to give name, address, email, phone about 95% of the time. Some will not ask, but, others will. I actually had my best experience today and they didn't ask, so, it's interesting. I think the ones that are following training to a t will ask, and, will volunteer less info.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Ordered March 28th... No VIN or anything as of yet.
I had to ask my sales guy to give it to me.
3/27/19-Vehicle Ordered
4/4/19-VIN Provided at my request
4/10/19-RAM chat let me know I was in D1 Status (and had been for 8 day)

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Ram Said my truck is on the way to the dealership and it has a ramp arrival date of 4-15-19. Anyone know how long it takes from this point? im so impatient

Nordic28

Reaction score
My Dennis dillon salesman said mine hits the ramp in salt lake on the 20th. He said from there it's a black hole as they wait until a truck can get a reasonable load. They can't track it at that stage.

RTillery

Reaction score
Ordered on 3-15: 3500 Bighorn Crew Cab, Bright White, SWB 6.4 bed 4x4, with:
trailer tech,
safety group,
auto level rear suspension,
Aisin, HO 1000lbs of torque baby!
Level 2 equipment group,
fifth wheel prep,
cold weather,
snow chief,
wheel liners,
wheel to wheel chrome steps,
bed utility group,
8.4 Nav, alpine 9 speakers,
Premium cloth buckets/diesel gray

Code f on 4-9-19
Code JB on 4-11-19
Code KZ on 4-13

Whoohooo! I hope Casey Jones is driving the train (just not his last run). Can't wait.

Don-T

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday morning. I will pick it up on the 26th, I ordered it on Feb 2nd. I was built on March 12th, and shipped on April 4th.

orlando bull

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday morning. I will pick it up on the 26th, I ordered it on Feb 2nd. I was built on March 12th, and shipped on April 4th.

Wow, 10-days to the dealership! That's awesome. Maybe my dealer is right and mine is less than 2 weeks out.

Can't wait to hear how you like your truck, bummer than you can't get to it for another couple weeks.

Don-T

Reaction score
Wow, 10-days to the dealership! That's awesome. Maybe my dealer is right and mine is less than 2 weeks out.

Can't wait to hear how you like your truck, bummer than you can't get to it for another couple weeks.
The dealer told me when it was unloaded in St. Louis and said as soon as they could get a truck load it would be picked up. He really thought it would arrive early in the next week so it is too late for me to get now. Had we known it would show up so quick I could have taken delivery yesterday. My next chance to go it is on the 26th so I have the long wait.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
When Ram says it will be at the ramp. What does that exactly mean? They said mine will be at the ramp today.

bobohio

Reaction score
When Ram says it will be at the ramp. What does that exactly mean? They said mine will be at the ramp today.
I was told by my dealer mine was on ramp 4/9, I talked to Ram last night and it's now in El Paso, Tx and will be on a truck to Phoenix from there! I should have it by end of month or earlier is what Ram told me. :)

orlando bull

Reaction score
Anyone else coming through Orlando? Apparently my truck was "railyard departure" yesterday. Dealer is anticipating 4/27. I'm hoping it beats that estimate, but, I am not sure how long they take on the journey this way. I believe I read that they have to go through New Orleans, then on to Orlando.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Anyone else coming through Orlando? Apparently my truck was "railyard departure" yesterday. Dealer is anticipating 4/27. I'm hoping it beats that estimate, but, I am not sure how long they take on the journey this way. I believe I read that they have to go through New Orleans, then on to Orlando.

I forget where I read it (some board somewhere), but yes, it goes from Saltillo to New Orleans and then onto destination.
Saltillo is just outside (west) of Monterrey, so it looks like up to Eagle Pass for entry.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
I just wish my dealer would be more helpful, had a 20 min phone talk with him and all he kept saying is that it is kz status, and he knows nothing else through his dealer connect. Frustrating. my truck is apparently already gotten to the ramp and said it was okayed to ship. Can anyone shine any light on this and when the truck may show up?

Don-T

Reaction score
I had the same issue. The dealers don’t seem to have much say in when a vehicle gets loaded on a train. Mine stat there for about 21 days in KZ status. The dealer did let me know as soon as the truck crossed into the US through Eagle Pass, and as soon as it was unloaded from the train in St. Louis. All you can do is wait.

Users who are viewing this thread