Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Nordic28

Reaction score
Got an update today
Ordered 3/14
D1 around 3/21
Still in D1 on 4/3
KZ ready to ship 4/8

Note: I didn't get a spray in bedliner

orlando bull

Reaction score
Well, 4 days at sea and I get back to news that I'm still D1. Dealer says system still has today as build date, so, maybe I'll get some action this week.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Well, 4 days at sea and I get back to news that I'm still D1. Dealer says system still has today as build date, so, maybe I'll get some action this week.

Well that sucks... here's hoping you get some progress.

orlando bull

Reaction score
Well that sucks... here's hoping you get some progress.
Thanks.

I think the original "ship" date I was give was actually the build date. He said it's still showing today on there, maybe it will start getting built this afternoon. Keep that in mind though, if you were told shipping date, it may have actually been the build date.

Nordic28

Reaction score
Orlandobull, you ordered yours 10 days before me and I just reached KZ status. It's strange how unpredictable the build timing is. It's got to have something to do with the specs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190408-113551_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190408-113551_Gmail.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 43

orlando bull

Reaction score
Orlandobull, you ordered yours 10 days before me and I just reached KZ status. It's strange how unpredictable the build timing is. It's got to have something to do with the specs.

Yep, has to be something to do with it. In D1 though, they supposedly have all of the parts to build. Who knows.

Glad yours is moving along. Keep us posted on shipping. At least with mine in Orlando, once it's off the train, it's basically done with the journey. Maybe that part will be quick at least.

Edit: I suspect the volume dealers get priority too with these. My dealer probably doesn't sell enough to really jump ahead in the assembly line.

Last edited:

smh310

Reaction score
Where did you get that screenshot from?...Dealer? I am KZM.....hopefully that means the train has already left.

Nordic28

Reaction score
I got that screenshot from my Dennis dillon salesman today. Odd part is ram chat said I was in kz status earlier today, then Dennis dillon shows it departed 2 days ago. not sure who to believe
I think you're right about dealer priority. With Dennis dillon and Dave Smith in the same area perhaps there's a lot of trains going that direction. And mine went through the build process so fast.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Was told my order could be anywhere from 6 to 12-weeks. Pretty sure there was no science to the estimate provided other than make it longer than normal so this customer doesn't bug me for tracking info. I'll be pleased with 8-weeks.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
BwaHaHahahaha... are you giving any odds on the claimed ship date? I'll be looking for some action after tonight's Nat'l Championship game.

Chance are zero to none!

Was told my order could be anywhere from 6 to 12-weeks. Pretty sure there was no science to the estimate provided other than make it longer than normal so this customer doesn't bug me for tracking info. I'll be pleased with 8-weeks.

Was told the same thing... dealer said they had a Wrangler show up in 3 weeks... one was ordered in January and it still hasn't shown up...

orlando bull

Reaction score
Chat tells me tonight that the build date is typically "week of", confirmed it was today and anticipates my truck will be on the line this week. Amazing how some chat folks are helpful, others just copy paste the company answer. Holding out some hope that I can be shipped by early next week.

bobohio

Reaction score
ordered mine 3/19....dealer emailed me back today and said last they heard it had a ship date of 4/21

Users who are viewing this thread