Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Millmutt

Reaction score
I don’t think the poster mentioned a 6 month wait for an inspection, if he did I missed that. Whether the parts are available, back ordered or whatever if it takes six months to get them it’s all the same to me.
My apologies

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I just got a call from my dealer. Thought it was a call to schedule. Nope, it was a call to se if I wanted to schedule the two other recalls or wait until the HP pump parts were in. I asked her where am I at on the list. She said 62 and they only get 1 kit a week. I asked her how many have they completed and she said one! :rolleyes: I put my name on the online contact list back in November and called in the day they announced part availability. Sixty Freaking Two! o_O

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just got a call from my dealer. Thought it was a call to schedule. Nope, it was a call to se if I wanted to schedule the two other recalls or wait until the HP pump parts were in. I asked her where am I at on the list. She said 62 and they only get 1 kit a week. I asked her how many have they completed and she said one! :rolleyes: I put my name on the online contact list back in November and called in the day they announced part availability. Sixty Freaking Two! o_O
So the 19s when they start will be 3 years behind at that dealer i guess lol

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
See,see I told y’all months ago they were gonna wait us out and see how many of us were gonna die of old age before they fixed them.
Woes all wearing their tin hats now. :oops: :eek:

Burton12387

Reaction score
Had the Y78 recall done this week. Also had to get 4 faulty tpms sensors replaced. Happy with the results so far (other than being crabby about being without the truck for 3 days).

Two videos below (just for audio) showing what my cp4 sounded like vs this new cp3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akamac

Reaction score
Well there is good news out there. Had mine inspected May 19th, got the call for parts in on June 20th. Take it in on June 30th for repair, loaner ride included.
I'll take before and after shots of the pump when done.

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
My issue was and is SA says "they can no longer order kits"? He isnt sure why as they had been ordering them but says i am 7 or 8 on the list but will call me when they can even order parts. SA seems like sharp guy but he may be only one in building i hold that opinion of...lol. Hopefully Ram hasnt already ran out of parts kits already...

-p-

Reaction score
Went in for oil/fuel filter change and joked about scheduling recall service.

He comes back an hour later and says if you want to wait 3 more we have the parts and can do it. 3 hours on the dot it was completed. super impressed!

Nick

Reaction score
I called the dealer in Missoula Montana yesterday to get my 2020 scheduled for the "inspection ". The SA told me parts would take 6 months to get! Are they full of it? I am a FT RV'er and will head south for the winter in November so that really doesn't work.
He is full of it call RAM cares . the rep got on the phone in my instance and squared the dealer away . Heard the same crap from an SW also .

BigRigWrecker

Reaction score
Anyone have whistle on acceleration after install of CP3? The dealer that did mine did not properly tighten the clamp on the intercooler line and it blew off on my way home… had them pick it up, take it back, and fix that … and reinstall the various clips missing from inner fender well on return and resecure the wiring harness that was left hanging by the frame…. Just picked it, still whistleing between half and full boost in the cab…. And its not the turbo noise I’m accustomed to.

akamac

Reaction score
Got it back this morning, runs well but the boost is higher than before. Higher boost means less MPGs.

The explanation I got for the 2020 first in the queue is simple economics. If it hasn't failed then it is a lot cheaper to replace. If it has failed and is still running then the cost to repair is the same as those that died. They let it go.

The failed/died ones get first in the door and will bump those inline.

Not nice but it makes a macabre sort of sense.

Anyways, I was the first at the Dealer to have a recall done w/o a failure. SA was surprised that appt. was for replacement not inspection. Had to wait for loaner minivan as the rental co. didn't open till 8:30.

All in all the Dealer was professional courteous. I'll give Tracy Ram a five star review.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    444.7 KB · Views: 51

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Got it back this morning, runs well but the boost is higher than before. Higher boost means less MPGs.

The explanation I got for the 2020 first in the queue is simple economics. If it hasn't failed then it is a lot cheaper to replace. If it has failed and is still running then the cost to repair is the same as those that died. They let it go.

The failed/died ones get first in the door and will bump those inline.

Not nice but it makes a macabre sort of sense.

Anyways, I was the first at the Dealer to have a recall done w/o a failure. SA was surprised that appt. was for replacement not inspection. Had to wait for loaner minivan as the rental co. didn't open till 8:30.

All in all the Dealer was professional courteous. I'll give Tracy Ram a five star review.

Pictures attached.
Makes sense I guess ……

Last edited:

cummins2020

Reaction score
For what its worth the dealer replaced my 2020 (August 16 build date) cp 4 with the retrofit cp 3 on June 28 before it exploded. 5700 miles. No issues yet. Only complaint is how CLUELESS the service advisor was at my dealership. All employees should be trained to KNOW THEIR PRODUCT. For all those who are still waiting for their new pump, hang in there, good luck, and Godspeed!!!

Randyhut

Reaction score
Just got mine back from dealer Wed.. My truck had an issue (bad but not yet Blown UP), running real bad at times! Had to have the complete Recall Parts, and since they don't seem to allow the dealers to have parts on hand, they have to wait for the parts, then put you back in the Que for repair once they arrive.
Have not driven it much yet, but it so far it seems smoother and quieter than it was before.

LenTex

Reaction score
Dropped my 2020 off this morning. Hoping it'll be done by tomorrow afternoon. SA set the expectation that they'd need it for "2 days" but I'm hoping that's just overestimating the job's time.

Users who are viewing this thread